Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EZ Bagger

EZ Bagger

damn..your trigger is better than mine

don't need to reach the safety....just keep your finger off the trigger..

hey bring it up to PSAC..would like to see it..besides..owe you $5.

So, because the hammer's down, no safety on?

you got it.. :lol:

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10/23/2007

3.5 hours working in the garage and storage. Plenty of physical stuff going up and down the ladder, etc. I'll feel this tomorrow. Missed the cardio, but some things just need to be done first.

35 min of dry fire.

First few minutes were all working on NPA and the draw. Then switched to the timer to verify. .9-1.0 for the draws with iron sights is not bad for me. Most of the time was spent: draw, 2 reload 2...4 mags deep!

Funny part was that the first mag was the toughest, as that one is now more towards the centerline than I use for the Open gun. With the Open gun I reserve that spot for the mag I'm actually going to load.

Sweeping back to find the next mag was surprisingly reflexive (notice I didn't say fast!) For now, clean has to come first.

10/24/2007

30 minutes of dry fire: Again, the early time was spent working on the basics of the draw/NPA. Starting to figure out that I can transition the focus toward the front sight as the draw is in progress, rather than waiting until the gun is all of the way up.

Remainder of the time was spent doing reloads...again, draw, 2 reload 2...4 mags deep on the belt. First mag was a little better today. Had to focus on smooth. If I did that, it was easier to get the index finger on the mag. So, no blazing reloads, but all I need to do for this weekend is not be flailing.

Immediately followed by 20 minutes of pretty intense treadmill. I must be getting a little better cardio as by the end of that time I was sweating good, but not gasping for air.

Edited by EZ Bagger

sweet..

you runnin the cheezie this weekend??? cool...

don't think I 'll make it tomorrow..truck is dead in the driveway..so got to spend some under the hood time in the morning. then hit the office.

10/27/2007

Match today. Stages were basically all speed shoots. Two of them had bubblegum monkey tossing as the main theme.

First stage of the day. Run and gun while carrying a trick or treet pumpking...take one candy off of each of 3 barrels. Now I see why the old timers all have a hook of some sort on their belts. I was smoking the stage and based on the final scores posted would have had the fastest time by a minimum of seconds...had the pumkin taken flight off of my magazine. Regardless, we all had fun on the stage laughing at each other. More importantly learned a lesson....

Second stage of the day. Hug a barrel start, pick up and carry bag with string for handles and depost the bag on the ground in a "box" before going through a door. Didn't drop the bag this time but the bag was really light so I should have just carried it in the weak hand. Instead, stood there at the box and dropped two mags to the dirt trying to get the bag off of the holstered mags. Big problem was that one of the mags I dropped was the one in the gun.... All A's on this stage, even on the swinger. Don't ask about the time...again.

Third stage. CM 99-41 HF 8.3200. Second A classifier in two weeks. Need better points. I shot it quickly, but not blazing away. Want to make Master? Shoot 95% of the points (or better)! Good news? The reload was pretty good. Pace was good.

Fourth stage. 6 targets, one shot each, reload and repeat, reload and repeat. That is, if you aren't stupid enough to come to the line with no extra mags...and do a reload badly enough to drop a mag. This is the only stage of the day where I was unhappy with the shooting.

Fifth stage. Speed shoot. Seated, gun unloaded on table. 5 targets all pretty well hidden behind close up no shoots. Pretty happy about this stage. Room for improvement in the loading while positioning for the first shot. By the time the gun is ready to go, the target should be completely in the vision. Good news? Fastest shooter was only .89 seconds faster. Not that long ago I'd have been happy to be within 2 seconds on a stage like this.

Penance for the botched reload...50 reloads tonight when I'd much rather be recuperating.

Edited by EZ Bagger

results of the match looked somewhat interesting...

maybe see you next weekend..

Pitt obviously shot well, unfortunately, a lot of the match had nothing to do with shooting. Glad it was Pitt that got the 100%. Of course, now he's .11% ahead of me in the chase for a slot. :blink:

10/28/2007

Match Day. Again! The conditioning is definitely paying dividends. Never really got tired at the match today and I'm usually whooped if I do two in a row.

Third match in a row where I'm not seeing the no shoots and/or hard cover. This I like. When you can focus on the spot you want to shoot, and do that to the extent that the no shoots/hardcover are not even there, it really frees you up to hammer every target.

Spent a lot of time at the match playing wecoming committee at the range and talking with a couple that were interested in shooting USPSA. So, didn't get a whole lot of time to look at the early stages and it only really bit me on the monkey tossing stage...again! Can I cuss here? I really want to. Oh well, another lesson learned. Missed the doggone garbage can and had to go back and pick up the bag, get it in the can. In reality the only problem was that I then threw two mikes before I settled down again. Even with that I think I had the fastest time on our squad by almost 2 seconds. Guess I just have to slow down with the non shooting stuff.

Hope the classifier is below 55%. Just what I need is to have shot 99-34 just badly enought to mess up those existing good ones. Just checked Ohio...61% What's a guy gotta do!

Feel pretty good about today's match in total. My shooting is already 5-10% better than it was September 1.

10/29/2007

Moved in nearly 4 tons of hay today and when I came back into the house the well had stopped working. So, a trip to Home Despot for the specialty fuses just in case it's simple. Thank God and hope it holds....

damn..your life gets interesting... :rolleyes:

glad mine is boring by comparison..

It's been a LONG time since the last time I've been bored B)

Change of subject: I need three lenses for a Canon. Indoor, outdoor and reach out and touch'em. What's the best combo for $6k-$7500 or less?

damn..your life gets interesting... :rolleyes:

glad mine is boring by comparison..

It's been a LONG time since the last time I've been bored B)

Change of subject: I need three lenses for a Canon. Indoor, outdoor and reach out and touch'em. What's the best combo for $6k-$7500 or less?

digital camera or film??

70-200 2.8 USM IS about $2000

16-35 2.8 USM about $1500

300 2.8 USM IS about $3900

a little more lens 400 2.8 USM IS about $6500

if you need something super fast like a 1.2 or 1.4 aperture..they make some fixed focal length stuff..but these would give you a pretty decent package that is fast..good for indoor dog shows..etc..

Edited by eerw