Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EZ Bagger

EZ Bagger

Why does it take me so long to find the dot and recognize that it's where it's supposed to be and pull the trigger?

Is this an inconsistent grip/stance/npa so that there's just no confidence?

Am I changing my visual focus from the target as the gun's rising?

????

Todd - two recent threads may be helpful:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...l+patience'

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...l+patience'.

I, too, am working through the 'seeing' thing.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10/13/2007

Miles and miles pack hiking with the dogs....

10/14/2007

Pretty good ego booster. Pitt canceled the match because he knew I was showing up to spank him...left handed. He'll have to face the music someday.

Got in a few shots with the Limited gun and will take both rigs with me to work. When I need to uncross the eyes, I'll do a few dry fire routines. Oh well, off to work.

Left handed.... Isn't that the division called Production?

HEY! I resemble that remark!

Just for that, one of these days this lefty's gonna have to show you how an OPEN gun runs in the CORRECT hand! :P :P :cheers:

Just for that, one of these days this lefty's gonna have to show you how an OPEN gun runs in the CORRECT hand! :P :P :cheers:

Please do! The lefties out here are pretty lame. Oh, I'm in trouble now :devil:

I just bought a Cheezie. How do they work?

Please do! The lefties out here are pretty lame. Oh, I'm in trouble now :devil:

:rolleyes: Um, if you can't figure out how the Cheezies work, you're in more trouble than you know! :devil:

:D

You forgot to add that since the match was cancelled but we showed up not knowing so you were very kind to give me some tips on how to speed up my draw. Thanks much.

You forgot to add that since the match was cancelled but we showed up not knowing so you were very kind to give me some tips on how to speed up my draw. Thanks much.

glad you asked the question...I always enjoy going over techniques with others..thanks EZ B..your suggestions I will try out..

after shooting..got to remember to wipe your hands..they leave a yellow stain..

oh wait..that's cheetos.. :goof:

Pretty funny. I'll have to find some coloring to put into the pro grip :P

Since the CO state match is on the east side of the mountains this year, I propose we give a new award to the shooter that shoots the highest out of his class: The 1st annual Sandbagger Award.

If everyone still thinks I'm sandbagging by then, I'll gladly accept!

10/15/2007

40 minutes of dry fire. I can get into contorted positions where the gun will come up to the left eye...not gonna do it.

Maybe when I've not just spent the last 7 days working way too many hours the body will allow for a little more than I'm getting out of it now.

Reloads are becoming more natural. Working on watching the first round in, but changing the focus back to the target as soon as that first round gets there.

Some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed. An 1800lb draft horse stepping on the foot does absolutely nothing good for the body. All I can say is I better be able to move by Saturday or I'm gonna whine like an !($& shooter!

It hurts like heck and I can't get a shoe on, but I'm off to dry fire. I won't video the stance :surprise:

10/16/2007

Foot is swolen big time. Having a hard time standing up and definitely can't run, let alone walk! But, I got my fat butt up early to get to work so I could come home and dry fire and exercise...no exercise, but 40 minutes of dry fire.

40 minutes of variations of the El Prez, without the turn and hands at surrender. Picking up mags was torture!

Best times without any no shoots, but still keeping every shot within A/C was 4.5 seconds and could pretty regularly do 5.0's without too much trouble. The wierd thing is that I started out with no shoots on the mini targets and couldn't really call 100% A's in less than 5.8-6.0 seconds. Then, switched to open targets. Pushed myself to go at 100% and burned em down in 4.5's. Just for fun put no shoots back up. 3/4 of the time I was able to do the same 4.5 seconds with the dot staying within the A/C for every trigger press. Other quarter was closer to 5.0 when I got too tense and messed up the draw.

Can't wait to get to the range to do some live fire to verify my dry fire timing is either realistic or dial in whatever adjustments are needed.

Edited by EZ Bagger