EZ Bagger

EZ Bagger

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have fun. Tell 'em when they're old enough we'll show 'em how to outshoot you....

Given how their dad shoots, and since they are starting young, I'm sure they'll be kicking our asses in no time.

Have fun. Tell 'em when they're old enough we'll show 'em how to outshoot you....

Given how their dad shoots, and since they are starting young, I'm sure they'll be kicking our asses in no time.

like most kids..they don't listen.. :lol:

you guys have fun..supposed to be sunny and almost 60 tomorrow..

Chris..those boys like to start early out there..

11/17/2007

99-60 Cut and Run

Based on HF entered, we calculate your "National Percentage" will be: 91.7942%

I KNEW I could shoot this one, with all it's movement with a good %. Best thing is I know I could do better....

More match notes after I finish the scoring.

11/17/2007

99-60 Cut and Run

I KNEW I could shoot this one, with all it's movement with a good %. Best thing is I know I could do better....

that rocks...strong classifier..way to go..

Well that explains why it's so high:) But seriously thanks for picking this one, I shot an 86%, my first master class classifier.

Well that explains why it's so high:) But seriously thanks for picking this one, I shot an 86%, my first master class classifier.

No Problemo. More setup than the typical classifier, but more fun too.

11/17/2007

Match notes:

Spent first 3/5 of the match shepherding two shooters through a safety orientation. So, didn't get a chance to spend any significant time learning any of the stages. Oh well. I decided that I'm using our home club matches as training for those times when I have to shoot first and/or on short notice. Today was just unexpected. So, no long walkthroughs with detailed plans for footwork, etc. Pretty much just show up, walk it a couple times, then shoot.

Considering the circumstances I was quite pleased with the day. All of the shooters seemed to be in an exceptionally good mood today. Lots of smiling faces and some good friends that have not shot in quite a while were with us today. Won two stages overall. One was a 32 rounder with plenty of movement, ending with a weak hand only shot around a wall. Second one was a crouching, shoot under a wall, then move around a barrel and finish from under the second half of the wall.

Went into the day wanting to work on speed. Namely movement and transitions. Some of the shots, especially on the under the wall stage were pretty tight. Pretty happy with how it went. Nearest shooter total/combined timewise was a pretty good M and I beat him by 3.33 seconds (6%). My hits suffered some, but not as much as I had thought they might. I'm going to continue along this vein for the next match or two at least. I must push the vision and I must push the body.

We'll be there , No rain in the forecast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats.

Roger,

Congrats on winning Production!

Thanks!!!!!!!

Great match :cheers:

I just wanted to shoot a clean match, watch my front site, and not worry about my times.

You weren't setting your sights very high then, were you ;)

11/23/2007

Family off to the airport today and tomorrow's match cancelled because they're a bunch of wimps that don't want to shoot in 16 degree weather and an inch or two of snow. OK OK, that's faux disdain. But still, I want to shoot!

40 minutes of dry fire. Barricades. Hands on barricade at eye level, 3 targets on left side, reload, 3 targets on right side. Started off with 5.3 par time, then backed it off to 6.0 and forced myself to call 2 Alpha on every target.

40 minutes on treadmill....

11/25/2007

Match day: Got up early and helped with setup. 15 degrees when I got to the range. Temps may have risen above low 20's, but the wind picked up too, so with wind chills it couldn't have been above 20 all day.

It was cold enough that a mag that always drops free didn't drop, not even once, the entire day (4 mag changes). I'll definitely need to play with it to see what the problem is. Sure hope I don't have to send it off somewhere to be "tuned". Certainly won't send it to SoCal, as the last batch that went there I consider to have been stolen they've been gone so long (2.5 years.)

Again today, my focus was on shooting fast. No slow transitions allowed, even on tight shots with hard cover and/or no shoots. Ended the day with one Mike. Remaining hits were actually pretty good considering how much I was pushing it.

Pushing the limits did get me in trouble on one stage. Had a miss, came back to make it up when I should have left it to make up from a later position. Time is one thing, but the change from the plan was enough to make me start thinking instead of shooting and I reengage a target I'd alreay hit with two A's and then ended up running the gun dry. This is of course also one of those times that the mag did not drop free.... Good practice for reloads with retention, I guess :blink: Even on this stage, the shooting was very nearly excellent. Tight shots around barricades, but target to target transitions were quick.

Classifier: 99-12 Awesome...except for the reload. Pretty much dropped the mag but caught it in the crook of the gun elbow, then went ahead and loaded the gun. Still shot it in 7.14 don't know the points for sure and results are out yet, but pretty sure I was down less than 5 points. I am going to be generous and say that reload cost me only 1.5 seconds ( closer to 2 probably). That would have been my second Master classifier at at least 88%. Think I'm going to be working on reloads? Hope Chuck has some of those HSmith mags in stock for the open gun (I already have the .40 set and they are perfecto.)

Only other stage of note was start in box about 18 yards from 16 partial targets. A forward fault line was at about 10-12 yards, and the sixteen targets were spread out over about 40feet. Let's just say that this is the stage that I want to see the results for. Know that thread that asks if you feel like you shot well? Well, I smoked this one.

Worst thing today? 50-50 tossup whether it was the bad reload on the classifier or just the shear terror I feel over not being able to trust my big stick to drop free.

Best thing today? Being able to shoot splits AND transitions in under .20 on large target arrays (6 targets or more and on the classifier). There were a whole lot of people looking at me like :surprise: today. I can do better.

11/25/2007

There were a whole lot of people looking at me.

Why wouldn't they..you're just smile so nicely :lol:

glad to hear you pushing..keep the focus..and you're on the right path..see ya at the end..

11/25/2007

There were a whole lot of people looking at me.

Why wouldn't they..you're just smile so nicely :lol:

glad to hear you pushing..keep the focus..and you're on the right path..see ya at the end..

Thanks Stu. You ever see me slacking, feel free to apply a foot to the backside.

Every dry firing session should start out with at least 10 minutes of basic standing reloads, and every drill you do should have a reload in it somewhere. As an open shooter you don't have to worry about the reloads drastically hurting you in overall match results, but they are bothering you. Your abilities in everything else are solid and above average. Your reloads cost you on at least one stage regularly. Unfortunately, it's usually the classifier. Make it a non-issue.

Take that CZ, and set up a belt like your open rig. Then reload that thing for 10 to 15 minutes. Then switch to the open gun and reload it for 10-15 minutes. The CZ essentially has the same grip angle, and it has a hell of a lot smaller mag opening. I've said it before, after reloading the glock for the last two years, my STI dry-fire reloads feel like a hotdog down a hallway. If you want, I'll send you some 9mm dummy rounds. I'm already set-up for 9mm and have some Zero's left.

Every LAMR is an opportunity to solidify how you will do your reload. I learned this from watching an M class production shooter here in exile. He solidifies the feel of the reload every stage by watching and feeling the mag into the gun a couple of times as he prepares himself. So, I tried it and it does help.