EZ Bagger

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Match day today. Shot OK, especially considering the setup and other duties that make the home club a long day. Best part of the day was "learning" some of the intricacies of shooting prone. Went back and did it a couple of extra times just to get the feel of it. I was quite depressed that I had too many D's and 2 M's on 99-09...and all of them (except 1 D) were on the prone string. By the 5th time shooting that string the points and time were good enough that I know if I get the pleasure of shooting that classifier again I'll get a 90% or better.

Match day again today. Quite the drive to get to this range, but they did us right with some very good stages for their Qualifier match.

Nearly two hours of driving gave me plenty of time to decide my strategy for the match...especially since Nationals made it quite clear what the strategy should be for all but the Aurora matches. Shoot at 90% until i'm capable of knowing exactly where that is. Then, go to 95%. So, for today, told myself 90%, see the dot, good grip.

Shot every stage at 90% except the last stage (4) of the day for me. Had a swinger start up prior to activation and had to shoot the stage again. So, decided I'd make sure I didn't throw away my good match on the last run. Shot that one at about 85%. In retrospect, 90% would have been a sweet deal: I missed out on winning Open by less than 8 match points. Oh well.

Shot the match clean. Reloads were good enough. 93% of available points. No Mikes or No Shoots. Had 3 D's, but two of them were on stage 4 and I took those intentionally so I'd stay away from no shoots around a swinger.

Didn't win even a single stage :blush: but in the end, the results were AWESOME :cheers:

Match day again today. Quite the drive to get to this range, but they did us right with some very good stages for their Qualifier match.

Nearly two hours of driving gave me plenty of time to decide my strategy for the match...especially since Nationals made it quite clear what the strategy should be for all but the Aurora matches. Shoot at 90% until i'm capable of knowing exactly where that is. Then, go to 95%. So, for today, told myself 90%, see the dot, good grip.

Shot every stage at 90% except the last stage (4) of the day for me. Had a swinger start up prior to activation and had to shoot the stage again. So, decided I'd make sure I didn't throw away my good match on the last run. Shot that one at about 85%. In retrospect, 90% would have been a sweet deal: I missed out on winning Open by less than 8 match points. Oh well.

Shot the match clean. Reloads were good enough. 93% of available points. No Mikes or No Shoots. Had 3 D's, but two of them were on stage 4 and I took those intentionally so I'd stay away from no shoots around a swinger.

Didn't win even a single stage :blush: but in the end, the results were AWESOME :cheers:

nice job...good way to find the focus and attention needed to see the dot and not let trying get in way..

lot of good talent up there..and you finished near the top.. nice!!!

Good workout today, especially since I didn't even come close to feeling like getting on the treadmill. Did.

Pretty mellow dry fire session. Workd on getting the grip right during the draw from both hands at sides and surrender. Need to keep working on getting that solid left hand grip without taking (wasted/counterproductive/bad bad bad) the time to lock out the elbows.

Treadmill time this week was good. Shortchanged the dry fire part because...well...in the long run the exercise will be better for me than the dry fire. Still did some, but not the solid 20 to 30 minutes that it takes.

Next two weeks will see even less shooting/dry fire as the end of tax season nears.

• 2 weeks later...