Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Kingdom

kschwan

• 1 month later...
The timeline of Saudi Arabia and the relationship to the US at the begining was excellent.

+1 Nemo...it went a bit fast for my slow brain but the history lesson was enlightening.

We got the dvd for Christmas and just got finished watching it...it was awesome!

You should have seen Jim cheering when the lady FBI agent dispatched the big bad guy with her blade.

Oops, sorry to reveal details but it is an exciting, action packed movie. A must see!!!!!

ps. What a miserable place to live. :(

I rented it on DVD and watched it again tonight with a friend.

I think I am going to have to watch the opening part about the history the US has with oil and Saudi Arabia.

There is much more I'd like to discuss here, but it would get way too political and get this thread locked down.

Rent it!

I rented it on DVD and watched it again tonight with a friend.

I think I am going to have to watch the opening part about the history the US has with oil and Saudi Arabia.

There is much more I'd like to discuss here, but it would get way too political and get this thread locked down.

Rent it!

Check out the bonus material on the DVD...you can step through the time-line and read each fact individually.

One fact that I was unaware of was mentioned in the timeline...

In 1973, during the oil embargo when Americans had to wait in lines for gas and also find gas stations completely out of gas...

It was a backlash for anyone who supported the Israelis in the Yom Kippur War.

I have a lot of studying to do. <_<

Got this movie for Christmas and watched it last night.

The first 15 minutes or so I was absolutely horrified by the fact that people would set off bombs in the name of a religion. What kind of craziness is that? We read about it all the time, but never really see it happen and the effects.

The last minute or so, I got worried after hearing what the old grandfather whispered to the young kid. I am afraid he is right.

Yeah I know it is a movie, but Jennifer Garner is my newest movie hero. She was getting the absolute s**t kicked out of her, never gave up and eventually put down the bad guy by doing whatever it took to win. We all can take a lesson from that. Watch the "extras", they filmed the entire street / house fight from 4 5? perspectives and her fight went on for quite a while.

I need to watch this again in a few weeks.

The movie is worth renting or buying just for the special features, the info at the begining and how they went through the shoot out at the end of the movie is just awesome. Also how they did the explosion on the SUV convoy is really cool.

I freaking went wild about this flick. Reccomended it to all by buds at work.

Going to go back through it a few more times, especially the end apartment sequence, to try and look for some new stage designs. "Start with gun loaded and holstered, push refrigerator foreward 4 feet and engage targets as they become visible."

watched it last weekend..

interesting movie..the history lesson was good..and the bonus stuff was great..

liked the apartment fight from the different perspectives..and the how to on the convoy attack..

thought it was one of the better movies of the year..

loved Jennifer Garner fight at the end...never give up!!!

Edited by eerw

• 2 weeks later...

Just rented this one. Might add it to the collection for the battle scenes and the extras.

It was weird watching the extras and seeing Peter Berg directing. He always plays such a doof!

Can't fathom being in a situation like Justin Bateman's characters was in, or how incredible it would be to have a hard assed hottie like Jennifer Gardner come and rescue me.

That and the messege at the end makes ya think...

Good Flick!!!

Having spent some time in Saudi I can identify with some of what the move showed...they can be very difficult. The action stuff was pretty good and the timeline was interesting, but still the movie just didn't do much for me.

No street agent is going to meet with an ambassador...ain't gonna happen! No street agent is going to be in a meeting with the director and his boss....no way. The briefing room where the team meets up in the beginning doesn't exist...nothing even resembling that does. The final shootout in the street scenario was too much...nobody would have walked away from that one. This might be a case of too much inside information ruining it for the viewer. R,

Having spent some time in Saudi I can identify with some of what the move showed...they can be very difficult. The action stuff was pretty good and the timeline was interesting, but still the movie just didn't do much for me.

No street agent is going to meet with an ambassador...ain't gonna happen! No street agent is going to be in a meeting with the director and his boss....no way. The briefing room where the team meets up in the beginning doesn't exist...nothing even resembling that does. The final shootout in the street scenario was too much...nobody would have walked away from that one. This might be a case of too much inside information ruining it for the viewer. R,

Yea, but your not Jamie Fox <_< ; It was entertaining, slow in the middle, but entertaining. I hope that no one actually believes that government works like the movies portray.

If nothing else it helped me kill another night of this deployment. I should have flight info home any day now.

Edited by North

The statements at the end of the movie:

Spoiler alert:

The Terrorists stated "We'll kill them all" with the intent of murder to get what they wanted.

The FBI agent stated "We'll kill them all" with the intent of stopping them from murdering innocent people to get what they wanted due to the fact that these brainwashed psycos can't be reasoned with.

Same thing different purpose/intent. Sometimes in life you have to fight fire with fire.

This might be a case of too much inside information ruining it for the viewer. R,

I understand you, Mr. Super Secret Agent Man. (Yeah, I've been talking to Yamil about all of "what you know" about Roswell...) B) FBI or cop movies in general for you must be what watching Jaws (or any other movie about a super smart and vengeful lesser life form) was for me. ;)

Edited by Nemo