Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does Infinity make their own Beavertails?

cheers623

Hey guys. I am in the process of picking parts for a limited gun build and was wondering if Infinity makes their own beavertail grip safeties. They look alot like Ed Brown Memory groove beavertails but when I called Infinity to ask this question I got no reply. I have called and emailed a number of times but have heard nothing back from them. Does anyone know the answer? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Cheers.....

It will be tough getting e-mail answers since they are at the Nats this week. I would be surprised if they do not make their own because they make everything else metal they sell. You can try calling 800-928-1911, but they state that they are out at the Nats.

I believe that the SV staff is at the Nationals since the middle of last week and will not return until sometime next week.

I know that, in years past, they used Ed Brown beavertails. I was told, a few months back, that they were converting to their own billet/CNC version but I have not personally seen one. Possibly someone else can confirm if the SV made item is available for sale.

Dave,

Over the past few years they have been programming their CNC machines to produce every single part used in the making of their guns. The goal was to have 100% of the parts built in-house and not have to rely on any outside parts vendors. I initially did not see the logic in producing a non-stressed part like the beavertail out of billet, but understand their desire to control all of the components that go into their guns.

I currently own every one of every part that they make (except for the beavertail) and have to say that their stuff is nice. I've not had problems with Ed Brown thumb safetys but was amazed when I saw and installed my first set of SV thumb safetys. They are works of art.

Leo

Thanks Leo. I really didn't know that and it is good information. The parts business sucks right now and it is very hard to ge decent ones lately. I have seen those machines in action at Bill Jarvis's shop and they are awsome.

Am I trolling? Do I have a business I don't know about? Wow ,are you guys perceptive. What is a troll, anyhow? Maybe I are one!

Dave, I am sure the troll post was aimed at you!

I think the implication is that when you post, you tend to start arguements.

Personally, I think you are a wealth of information, and am glad to see you posting here! I remember your days on other boards! Back in the day you hooked me up with some stuff from your on-line class!

Thanks Guys! I have always wondered what that meant and you definations are easy to understand.

I guess it is hard to tell when someone wants you to THINK and use your God Given Brain to LEARN something. I am not here to start arguments. I am here to share what I KNOW with you. I have to grit my teeth a lot of these forums because most of you have no concept of what I am about or why I bother trying to help you. Most of you think I didn't learn anything by spending ovver 20 years to build some of the best 1911's around the planet becuase I don't build game guns anymore. Guess what? Chuck Rogers and Don Willams gave up gamne guns a long time ago , too. I used to build one in about 90 days and the day I was done with it, it was absolete. It became an Arms Race to see who could spent the most money to play a game! I have nothing aginst that, but the idea they are different inside is not true. A well built 1911 is the same inside or it wouldn't run.

Perhaps I am a Troll. Sorry about that. I am too old and not forum savy so perhaps my time is wasted here.

Edited by Dave Sample

Dave is a wealth of knowledge and I didnt mean to offend but I posted the comment because the last few posts I have seen Dave make have been very argumentative and negative.

Edited by boynty77

I'm surprised other manufactures don't produce thumb safeties and beavertails from billet.

I'd bet a lot of 1911ers would pay double just to have a non cast-MIM piece. Particularly given the cost of many 1911's.

1911ers are a little "crazy" anyway...and "I are one". ;)

Don't "get it" with all the CNC "machines" available today.