Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I really wanted to see the fight, though I didnt care who won. If you look at it from a totally nuetral perspective, I have no clue how you can say Bisping really won. I think Bisping won the 3rd round, but Hamill took rounds 1 and 2 clearly. What really pissed me was how one of the judges called it 30-27 Bisping. No possible way Bisping won the 1st round, not even a chance.

Hamill got robbed by the homefield advantage.

Crying shame.

I think Bisping will watch that fight tape and know he didnt really win.

I really wanted to see the fight, though I didnt care who won. If you look at it from a totally nuetral perspective, I have no clue how you can say Bisping really won. I think Bisping won the 3rd round, but Hamill took rounds 1 and 2 clearly. What really pissed me was how one of the judges called it 30-27 Bisping. No possible way Bisping won the 1st round, not even a chance.

Hamill got robbed by the homefield advantage.

Crying shame.

I think Bisping will watch that fight tape and know he didnt really win.

That was 30-27 Hamill, not Bisping. I thought the fight might be scored a draw. I had it round one Hamill, round two either way, and round three to Bisping.

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=7713

All three judges gave the first round to Hamill, with Bisping rebounding to win the next two on the cards of Jeff Mullen and Cecil Peoples. Judge Chris Watts was the lone Hamill voter, awarding all three rounds to the American.

While I will openly admit Hamill got screwed, he has noone to blame but himself. As a fighter you know there should be nothing left in the judges hands to decide. Matt wanted to show he could beat Bisping standing up and in so doing left the judges an opportunity to give the win away. Several times he let Bisping up after takedowns, and when he did take him down he should have been giving him a much more thorough ground and pound (he didn't). In the end he didn't put any barriers in the way of the judges giving the win to Bisping.

Originally Posted By: Jeff Mullen UFC Judge

No doubt Hamill dominated the 1st. He hurt Bisping with a right hand right off the bat and again near the end of the round. He out scored Bisping and busted him up. It was a very impressive round for Hamill but still a 10-9 round. Not dominate enough for a 10-8.

Watch the beginning of the second round closely. When Hamill throws the jab, Bisping slips the punch and hits him with his own counter jab. It is hard to see on camera because Hamill's back is to the camera. His back was also to Goldie who was talking like the beginning of this round was like a continuation of the 1st. If you look you will see that Hamill is facing me giving me a clear view of what is landing.

Bisping was landing the jab again and again and not getting hit. Hamill got 2 takedowns in rounds 2 and 3 but did very little with them. Bisping is using an active guard trying to turn for armbars and sweeps, Hamill is doing very little on top. Bisping is keeping him from scoring or improving his position. In the 3rd round Bisping actually lands more punches from the bottom than Hamill does from the top.

In both the 2nd and 3rd rounds Bisping does more scoring. Striking. Under pride style scoring Hamill would have won. He did more damage, but it was all in the 1st round. By 10 point must system Bisping won the fight 2 rounds to 1 . 29-28 Bisping. Sometime the angle you see the fight effects your decision. That is why they put the judges on 3 different sides.

BY THE WAY MARIO YAMASAKI THOUGHT BISPING WON ROUNDS 2 AND 3 ALSO. MARIO WAS THE REF AND HAD A BETTER VIEW THAN ANY OF US. I have never taken a payoff as some of you have suggested and never will.

You may not agree with my decision but please don't question my honesty.

Thank you Jeff Mullen

I copied this for you guys to read. FWIW

Originally Posted By: Jeff Mullen UFC Judge

No doubt Hamill dominated the 1st. He hurt Bisping with a right hand right off the bat and again near the end of the round. He out scored Bisping and busted him up. It was a very impressive round for Hamill but still a 10-9 round. Not dominate enough for a 10-8.

Watch the beginning of the second round closely. When Hamill throws the jab, Bisping slips the punch and hits him with his own counter jab. It is hard to see on camera because Hamill's back is to the camera. His back was also to Goldie who was talking like the beginning of this round was like a continuation of the 1st. If you look you will see that Hamill is facing me giving me a clear view of what is landing.

Bisping was landing the jab again and again and not getting hit. Hamill got 2 takedowns in rounds 2 and 3 but did very little with them. Bisping is using an active guard trying to turn for armbars and sweeps, Hamill is doing very little on top. Bisping is keeping him from scoring or improving his position. In the 3rd round Bisping actually lands more punches from the bottom than Hamill does from the top.

In both the 2nd and 3rd rounds Bisping does more scoring. Striking. Under pride style scoring Hamill would have won. He did more damage, but it was all in the 1st round. By 10 point must system Bisping won the fight 2 rounds to 1 . 29-28 Bisping. Sometime the angle you see the fight effects your decision. That is why they put the judges on 3 different sides.

BY THE WAY MARIO YAMASAKI THOUGHT BISPING WON ROUNDS 2 AND 3 ALSO. MARIO WAS THE REF AND HAD A BETTER VIEW THAN ANY OF US. I have never taken a payoff as some of you have suggested and never will.

You may not agree with my decision but please don't question my honesty.

Thank you Jeff Mullen

I copied this for you guys to read. FWIW

Thanks and I agree with Mullen although I expected a draw. The fight was a boxing match. Even though Hamill lost the decision I believe he has a better future in the sport.

I guess your right. Ive been to many karate tournaments where the people on one side of the ringwere positive that faghter A had won and those on the other side had thought fighter B had won. Bisping did look surprised at the desision though.

Edited by shadetree

That's interesting. I thought Hamill won too. He was chasing Bisping the whole fight and he was clearly the aggressor. I guess that could have influenced me choosing Hamill.

But come to think of it he really didn't do much to Bisping once he caught him. I wanted to see him toss Bisping around like a rag doll like he was doing to some of the guys during TUF.

... I can't believe Henderson gassed like that.

Why see a rematch? It was a good matchup with a crappy ending. They are doing tons of rematches nowadays and I think it would be a good one.

Smokshown hit it on the head. Hamill did it to himself. I still feel he got robbed, but there is no chance of that happening if you finish the fight. I still dont get why Hamill was reluctant to stay in the top position on the ground. He makes a name for himself by way of his wrestling skills, and then doesnt use them.

I think they are both middle tier fighters that will some day reach that upper echelon. I think that it is totally possible that either one of these guys will some day hold the belt.

Why see a rematch? It was a good matchup with a crappy ending. They are doing tons of rematches nowadays and I think it would be a good one.

I was very interested in watching them fight because I thought it was a good match up too. However, it was a boring fight. They both fought like they were scared of the others game. Thats why I asked why a rematch. I have no interest in seeing it again.

I think they are both middle tier fighters that will some day reach that upper echelon. I think that it is totally possible that either one of these guys will some day hold the belt.

In the 205lb class? No way. I think they will both stay middle tier.

I was very interested in watching them fight because I thought it was a good match up too. However, it was a boring fight. They both fought like they were scared of the others game. Thats why I asked why a rematch. I have no interest in seeing it again.

In the 205lb class? No way. I think they will both stay middle tier.

I totally agree!

Saw the fight again. And wow.

I can see how the ref and the 2 judges scored the fight for Bisping.

A lot of people (including me) thought that Hamill got robbed.

He chased Bisping a LOT. But Hamill really didn't do anything.

I guess it's a psychological thing. We see someone chasing someone in a fight and we automatically think that the chaser is the one's that's winning and that the chasee is the one that is loosing. After my first viewing I totally thought that Hamill won. In fact I thought he just dominated Bisping.

On the second viewing I purposely ignored the fact that Hamill was chasing Bisping... and now I can see Hamill loosing. Hamill wasn't as dominating as I though initially.

If you get the chance... watch it again and ignore Hamill's forward movement in determining the winner. Just use the blows , the take downs, etc. in deciding who is the winner.

Edited by Religious Shooter