Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Want free Lone Wolf 3.5 connector?

Glockster35

JR, owner/operator of Lone Wolf Distributors has posted a free connector trial, only one hitch, if you order one, he wants your honest opinion posted in a thread on Glock Talk!

Glock Talk THREAD

I have tried all current connectors on the market, and LW's is the cat's meow! And as I understand it, our own JoeD assisted in it's design and initial testing!

It is my connector of choice. There have been some negative posts on Glock Talk about the LW connector - mostly by one guy. Some of the things posted did not make sense to me. The complaint was the connector had too much drag on the slide. That was an issue with the original design. The original design had no more slide drag than an unmodified Ghost connector. I sent JR some of his connectors that I modified to cure this problem. He came out with a thinned version that was much better, but still, IMO, had too much drag. The final version cured the problem.

LW also lowered the tab that the trigger bar slides down. Some Glocks had tolerance stacking that caused the striker to not release. Less than 5% of Glocks had this issue.

I have worked with JR on a couple of projects and must say he is very receptive to changes that will improve his products.

It is my connector of choice. There have been some negative posts on Glock Talk about the LW connector - mostly by one guy. Some of the things posted did not make sense to me. The complaint was the connector had too much drag on the slide. That was an issue with the original design. The original design had no more slide drag than an unmodified Ghost connector. I sent JR some of his connectors that I modified to cure this problem. He came out with a thinned version that was much better, but still, IMO, had too much drag. The final version cured the problem.

LW also lowered the tab that the trigger bar slides down. Some Glocks had tolerance stacking that caused the striker to not release. Less than 5% of Glocks had this issue.

I have worked with JR on a couple of projects and must say he is very receptive to changes that will improve his products.

So there WAS a problem, someone complained; and theres a big sh%^storm b/c of it?

Doesnt make sense, sounds like LW was overly sensitive.

Cream always rises. if theres no issue, JR should have just ignored him, and be confident in his product.

There's more to the story, JR/owner/operator of Lone Wolf tried to make everything right, and has admitted there were issues with the first edition of their 3.5 connector.

JR does not believe this guy when he says he installed the new 3.5 in 5 guns, and they had the same issues. I too find it difficult to believe, and cannot imagine that I happen to have the pistol and connector thaat fit just right the first time out!

Every LWD product I have ever purchased has worked as advertised. And I know that if it didn't, JR would taken care of me. I did return a product purchased in error, and JR was quick to respond in an appropriate manner!

For JR to offer free parts to anyone, there has got to be more to the story, and I suspect it lies in his belief that this other guy is full of crap!

From day one JR offered a free replacement connnector to those that were not satisified with the original version. The original can be fitted like the Ghost connector. All you have to do is trim back the little ear.

BTW I had to fix a shooters gun after the SO's shot yesterday. Terrible trigger pull. Took it apart and what did I find - Ghost connector. I consider the Scherer and Glock to be pretty equal in feel and pull weight. The LW is the connector of choice if you want a lighter pull.