Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sights?

Turbo23

Hello again every one,

I was just wondering what some opinions are on fiber optic sights over stock ones??

I have never had the chance to shoot some so I figured I would ask some of the wise ones here.http://www.brianenos.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

The main reason for my inquiry is after the our state match this past weekend I found in the shoot off,

that the the steel used for this is painted white. To date all the steel I have shot has been blue or something of that sort.

It was hard to see my white sight on the white plate.

Thanks again for all of your input a head of time! http://www.brianenos.com/forums/style_emot...ault/cheers.gif

Todd

First order of business on any new Glock I get is to always replace the crappy factory plastic sights. I prefer the Sevigney Carry sights with plain black front. The FO is pretty good for outdoors if you have a hard time picking up the black front. Heinie also makes good sights as does Dawson. Dawson has a good set of adjustable sights for Glock with any combo of fiber optic/tritium/plain that you want.. My opinion......YES definitely replace your factory sights.

You should be able to find a broad selection of sights and other goodies from Chris Patty at CPWSA

Edited by 00bullitt

THE FIRST THING TO DO WITH A GLOCK IS REPLACE THE SIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You would be better off without sights than trying to use the factory sights.

Heinie, Dawson, Sevigny/Warren, Bomar. There is no shortage of options for Glock sights.

I have Heinie on both of my match Glocks, on one I changed the front blade to a Dawson FO yesterday so I am interested to see how it does today.

THE FIRST THING TO DO WITH A GLOCK IS REPLACE THE SIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heinie, Dawson, Sevigny/Warren, Bomar. There is no shortage of options for Glock sights.

I have Heinie on both of my match Glocks, on one I changed the front blade to a Dawson FO yesterday so I am interested to see how it does today.

I'll second that! I used to shoot steel alot, always painted white. One day, the front sight fell off. I just kept shooting. What I'd really like is some genius to invent a LED type front sight that GLOWED. I have the Dawsons on right now and it's ok but I think I hear the call of Open :cheers:

I put on a Hi-Viz fiber optic front sight and went back to factory (ewwww). The Hi-Viz had a rounded top and I had a hard time getting it 'level'. I am going to Sevigny/Warren the second that my factory sight breaks. I'm not hopeful that it'll be this year as we're going on 50,000 rounds and it's holding up well. ;)

In the mean-time, why don't you just black out the white dot on your factory sight and see what you think? If you don't like it, the high quality polymer replacement is (I think) $3.00, and a steel direct replacement is $8.00. No, it won't have the sex appeal of a fiber optic, but it will make do until you WANT to replace the sights in lieu of feeling like you need to.

One man's opinion,

HK Dan

I would love to know how you like it?

I have been thinking of changing for a while now.

But that white steel made me allot more positive!

It was like I had no sight at all...lol

Edited by Turbo23

I've put the W/S Competition sights on and the sight picture was fantastic. Added a Dawson FO and it's even better, as long as you get the thicker front sight. I used the .110 first, it gave me too much play in the sight picture. Might just be me and my aged eyesight. :blink:

Ok....

java script:add_smilie("<_<","smid_12")

I am going to order up some sights guys....

Next question... can I do this myself?? :huh:

I have no gunsmiths around me in my area.... <_< <_<

Edited by Turbo23

Hello; I have both the Dawson adjustables and the Savigny fiber optic sights. The Dawson is brighter than the Savigny. I use green inserts which are brighter than the red. For me I think I like the Dawson sight package a little bit better for IDPA since the rear sight has a smaller slot in it. I would get a 0.100 blade for the front if you are shooting USPSA and use the 0.125 for IDPA. It is your choice if you want/need adjustable sights. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

Ok....

It's easy to change the sights, but you'll need a front sight tool. Dawson includes one with their front sights, but I'm not sure who else does. You will likely need to order the tool. The rear you can drift out and back in with a brass or nylon punch.

Ok....

It's easy to change the sights, but you'll need a front sight tool. Dawson includes one with their front sights, but I'm not sure who else does. You will likely need to order the tool. The rear you can drift out and back in with a brass or nylon punch.

I was hoping a little smuck like me could do it :rolleyes:

I will have to get on it then. I like the Dawsons from what i have seen surfing around.

So thats nice knowing I will get one of the tools needed to do this with the purchase.

Thanks all

I heard the B&J Machine front sight tool from Midway is a good sight tool. It runs $122 but can work with most guns.

I am going to buy one when it goes on sale again.

Redwoods

Hey! What is your shift today?

I was sup prized to see you on?

Hello; I have both the Dawson adjustables and the Savigny fiber optic sights. The Dawson is brighter than the Savigny. I use green inserts which are brighter than the red. For me I think I like the Dawson sight package a little bit better for IDPA since the rear sight has a smaller slot in it. I would get a 0.100 blade for the front if you are shooting USPSA and use the 0.125 for IDPA. It is your choice if you want/need adjustable sights. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

+1 on the Dawson Precision Sights. The first thing I did with my Model 34 was to take off those horrible factory sights and had Dave at Dawson install a set of his adjustable rear( plain Black) and F/O front. I went the 0.100 on front too and love 'em for IDPA.& USPSA. I have not tried the green yet, but the red is working ok.

I love the Dawson F/O with the plain Heinie rear. I got the narrow .105 one. I could stand for it to be a little thinner but it is fine the way it is.

The good thing about the Dawson, they give you a tool AND some extra fiber optic to go with it.

Thats the way things should be offered.

• 2 weeks later...

A cheap way to change your front sight is to go to craft or hobby shop and get a paint pen in florescent orange, green or what ever color you want and dab it over the stock white dot. It will give you an idea of what a fiber optic sight will look like. I finally went with Hi-Viz red front and green rear.

A cheap way to change your front sight is to go to craft or hobby shop and get a paint pen in florescent orange, green or what ever color you want and dab it over the stock white dot. It will give you an idea of what a fiber optic sight will look like. I finally went with Hi-Viz red front and green rear.

How do you like the green rear over black?

I heard the B&J Machine front sight tool from Midway is a good sight tool. It runs $122 but can work with most guns.

I am going to buy one when it goes on sale again.

WHAT? $122???

You take the factory Glock front sight off with a pair of pliers.

Drift out the rear sights with a punch.

The Glock front sight is installed using a little nut driver that you can make from about any toolbox. Figure out what size nut(I forget right now) attaches the front sight and then grind down the OD of one of the ones from your tool box to fit the hole in the slide. There isn't a thing worth spending any amount of money on except for the sights themselves.

Hello again every one,

I was just wondering what some opinions are on fiber optic sights over stock ones??

I have never had the chance to shoot some so I figured I would ask some of the wise ones here.http://www.brianenos.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

The main reason for my inquiry is after the our state match this past weekend I found in the shoot off,

that the the steel used for this is painted white. To date all the steel I have shot has been blue or something of that sort.

It was hard to see my white sight on the white plate.

Thanks again for all of your input a head of time! http://www.brianenos.com/forums/style_emot...ault/cheers.gif

Todd

Dawsons are great!!

How do you like the green rear over black?

It makes a nice sight picture. It's easy and fast to get the front sight on target.