Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Paying $2.19 a gallon today

Gameplayer

Yep...$2.84 around these parts and we are happy about it. Was well over $3 most of the summer. I am sure it will be headed up again later this week to catch all the Labor Day traffic. But that would need to be posted over in What I Hate. :D

Still $3.00/gal for premium petrol here in Eugene where I buy. It's a tad lower than that at other random spots around town; but frankly, the time and petrol it would take to drive to the other places where it's lower would cost more than the savings. Time (and convenience) is money. <_<

Still, I wish it were more like, well, uh, maybe $1.50/gal at the most. Anything more than that is some kind of rip-off.

Seven years ago when I first moved to Woodbridge, VA, regular was .87 a gallon. Today it was $2.48. Driving back from DPMS Sunday on I90 through Ohio - on the western end, in the travel plazas, regular was $3.099. On the eastern end it was $3.299. I went out I70 through Indy and never saw anything less than $2.9?. Sticker shock after watching the prices around here drop to $2.50 or so.

Still $3.00/gal for premium petrol here in Eugene where I buy. It's a tad lower than that at other random spots around town; but frankly, the time and petrol it would take to drive to the other places where it's lower would cost more than the savings. Time (and convenience) is money. <_<

Still, I wish it were more like, well, uh, maybe $1.50/gal at the most. Anything more than that is some kind of rip-off.

Be happy that some places sell for less, here in Great Falls stations all seem to have the same price except for 1 or 2 that are higher(Cenex & Conoco).

Here is SA we are paying R6.88 a litre.

let me do the math..

1 gallon = 3.78541litres

R26.05 per gallon

on todays exchange rates at R7.18= 1 $

Roughly $3.63 to the gallon

some good news ...its going down 10c/litre on wednesday.

:angry2:

Gas went from 2.84 to 3.19 in two days...why? Because raising it on Friday morning before the holiday (when everyone is planning to drive up north) would be too obvious, so they did it Tuesday-Wednesday.

MN gas prices suck.

Still beats $6.80 in Turkey, but at least there you expected idiots on the road. MN seems to have an idiot driver breeding program (excellent crop this year, too).

Alex