Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 IDPA Georgia State Championship

Hot Brass

The 2007 IDPA Georgia State Championship will be held at the South River Gun Club in Conyers, GA on October 6th, 2007. This year's match will be a one day event and will consist of a 13 stage course of fire. The stages will include: electronic movers, a shoot house and a lot more. Each stage will be in a separate bay. The round count will be approximately 200 rounds. This match will have a shotgun start so you may shoot with whoever you wish.

More details can be found Here.

I have posted some video clips of our August monthly match. The stages in the clips are representative of what you will see at this year's GA State Championship. (No, there will not be a shotgun stage.)

GADPA Match Videos

-Capel

wow, is the match full yet? do you guys do all that stuff for the state match?

also what kind of recorder is that? ive never seen anything that did first person point of view! thats awesome.

GlockDriver,

The match is only about 60% full as of today and yes, our sanctioned matches have stages similar to the one's on video, just more of them. The helmet cam is from http://www.blackeyeusa.com/en/products and can be used with any DVR that accepts AV input. These videos were captured using an Archos 504 DVR. This is not a wireless setup like the Hoser Cam, but the camera is centered on the shooters forehead, not over the ear. This gives a better perspective on the front sight, IMO. A picture of a shooter wearing the camera can be seen here.

• 1 month later...
Results Here they are. This was a great match. Thanks to everyone that worked hard to put the match together. It was by far the best IDPA match I have been to. It was also the toughest match I think I have shot. Those movers were turbo charged on some stages. Congratulations to all the winners you earned it.

Yes it was a good match. I managed to shoot the entire match clean(no PE's,Mikes,or hits on non threats)with only 30 points down. It was a bit more difficult than normal given the multitude of movers. Sevigney ran the 21SF again with success. He also went back after he shot the stages and did some helmet cam work at speed for Capel to post on the GADPA site. That will be interesting. All the electronics worked well this year despite the few bugs in the morning hours. Weather was on our side and for the SO's the day before as well.

A friend of mine said it was the toughest match he's ever shot, so I'm thinking them Georgia boys are putting on a real challenge! Now to see how we can bring some of those ideas home...

Leam

It was a challenging match. Stage 5, in particular, was difficult for almost everyone, although Sevigny said he considered it a Par Time stage because of the mover timing. He's not normal, though. :)

I SOed Stage 3 and had a good time. Had a little time before the results were posted so I shot it a couple of times with my snub for fun.

It was a challenging match. Stage 5, in particular, was difficult for almost everyone, although Sevigny said he considered it a Par Time stage because of the mover timing. He's not normal, though. :)

I SOed Stage 3 and had a good time. Had a little time before the results were posted so I shot it a couple of times with my snub for fun.

I was the SO on stage 5 and the majority of people were probably down over 15 points when it was all said and done. It was a tough stage I saw a lot of tears, heard a lot of swears, and spoke to a lot of people who were contemplating changing hobbies.

Yes it was a good match. I managed to shoot the entire match clean(no PE's,Mikes,or hits on non threats)with only 30 points down. It was a bit more difficult than normal given the multitude of movers. Sevigney ran the 21SF again with success. He also went back after he shot the stages and did some helmet cam work at speed for Capel to post on the GADPA site. That will be interesting. All the electronics worked well this year despite the few bugs in the morning hours. Weather was on our side and for the SO's the day before as well.

Dude, you might have found your true calling!! Maybe the Dwell Time of the Harmonics is in line with the wall thickness of the expansion joints which in turn debitchulated the Expansion Joint to align the MRI (muzzle Reference Indicator) of the pistol to the targes in question during the match which resulted in you high order of finish. I'm just thankful that all this technology did not result in a FTDR!! Just my thoughts on the matter.

Later

Edited by DrawandDuck

Dude, you might have found your true calling!! Maybe the Dwell Time of the Harmonics is in line with the wall thickness of the expansion joints which in turn debitchulated the Expansion Joint to align the MRI (muzzle Reference Indicator) of the pistol to the targes in question during the match which resulted in you high order of finish. I'm just thankful that all this technology did not result in a FTDR!! Just my thoughts on the matter.

Later

Si amigo......no FTDR for me but Rob OTOH wanted to debitchulate me after the match for screwing up his chi. His MRI was definitely in line with the A zone but he suffered some major dwell time that changed the whole impulse of his harmonics at the end. He was on a role until he found out his bucket was enhancing his expansion force. Oh well......thicker port walls next time to slow him down and improve the dwell time. ;)

I was the SO on stage 5 and the majority of people were probably down over 15 points when it was all said and done. It was a tough stage I saw a lot of tears, heard a lot of swears, and spoke to a lot of people who were contemplating changing hobbies.

Hindsight being 20/20, the mover on stage 5 should have been set to present a lot longer. I apologize to everyone who found the stage too difficult. It won't happen again.

-Capel

While stage 5 was NOT easy, everyone had to shoot it.. If it was easy, anyone could do it..

It was a GREAT match, as always... I don't know how you get the scores out so fast. Many thanks to you and your staff. :cheers:

I managed to stay in the top 10% and take stage 13, count us in for next year.. *your Florida friends.

S/B