Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Industrial Bin Rack @ Sam's Club

Been eyeing this bin rack at the local Sam's Club for some time now. Finally had some excess funds so I picked it up today. This is a industrial grade wire rack system with lockable caster wheels and 18 plastic bins for $100! Cheap at twice the price! (ok maybe not :rolleyes: )

I didn't need all 18 bins so I traded 6 out with my dad as he needed the bins but not the rack (aka he has no space left).

So far it seems perfect for storing my sorted brass. The two 40 cal bins only have about 500rnds of brass in them right now and you can see it just covers the bottom of the bin. This rack should hold a TON of brass and completed rounds. Time to go on a component buying binge !!!

and of course this post is useless with out pics... SO.. :D

post-8969-1188179502.jpg

post-8969-1188179520.jpg

I have been using the same rack from Sam's for about a year. The only problem I ran into was that I have to much of some brass :) I like it because it is on casters which lets me roll it out of the way and cleanup occasionally.

David

I'm cheap. Five gallon buckets with lids.

They stack quite nicely, hold about 5K of bagged 40 cases each.

I have plastic storage crates (the kind with the two part hinged lids) for my 45 brass (patiently scrounged over the years in anticipation of buying a .45, to the point where I could sell part of what I have to pay for the SA SS I just got and still have plenty to load up), but that was a mistake - the suckers are so heavy I can't move them.

Only seen it in our local Sam's club. It's more of an idustrial thing so it lends itself to them more then Wal-Mart. Good thing my Brother and Dad both have memberships cause I really don't have much need for a membership there besides these once in a while finds.

Thank's for the great tip! Any clue if that's avail in a regular Wal-Mart or only Sam's club?

Also was thinking I need to find a big plastic scoop. That way I can just walk into the closet, take a big scoop out of the bin I need and dump it into my case feeder. I'd almost never have to touch brass again except for when I'm at the range :goof:

If only Dillon would hurry up and make a bullet boxer and brass vaccum... :lol:

Are the uprights metal or plastic??? :mellow:

The whole thing is metal that is painted or powercoated light grey. The uprights are actually two metal tubes that thread together with a coupler. If you're familiar with wire racks used in food industry they are built exactly the same way. It seem pretty strong, not sure if I'd go stacking 1000ct packs of straight bullets on it though.

The link to the Sam's page is below, all the description and specs are there.

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate....amp;prDeTab=2#A

0001764116509_L4.jpg

Edited by KSmoker

Merlin: I bought the smaller bench with 2 drawers and back pegboard with light. I made a 3/4 plywood shelf for the bottom. The bottom shelf holds the bullets and brass. With all that weight it is very stable. Merlin now you just have to mount those 6 Dillon 1050's on it. Thanks, Eric

Also was thinking I need to find a big plastic scoop. That way I can just walk into the closet, take a big scoop out of the bin I need and dump it into my case feeder.

How big a scoop is determined by the size of the plastic bottle or jug. A jug (like a plastic gallon milk jug, or bleach jug) usually has that curved hollow handle that can serve as a scoop's handle. Put the cap back on it, turn it upside down, and cut it in half with a diagonal cut so that when you hold the handle (and the jug looks like a scoop), the diagonal cut makes the jug look like a shovel.

Don't buy those rollaway shelves at Sam's. You can find them or metal stack shelving at office surplus supply stores for $20-30, and they're twice as large and can carry 'way more weight. I found a rollaway that has 8 shelves; 5' x 30" stacked in two columns. I have four 5-gallon buckets of brass on each shelf. The surplus store had 40 or 50 of them they'd received on consignment from K-Mart. Mine cost $30. Use square translucent jugs with the tops cut off; they work great and they don't cost no $144. Neither do those 28lb or 40lb. cat litter buckets, which the vets and humane societies throw out by the ton. All ya gotta do is ask 'em for some.

Edited by moredes