Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OH Sectional Revo

Sue and Sarah

I don't think you are crazy :surprise: I think you are adventuresome! Which is cool. There is something alluring about the revolver. I was shooting my .38 special the other day and I felt the alluring pull. We all have a little bit of cowboy in us. Release your inner cowboy and kick some butt.

Best of luck in Ohio. See you there.

Only a couple of psycho's on the squad.....I resemble that remark. :rolleyes:

Wheelguns run with six....there are six wheelgunners in the squad...good omens.

Now just as long as Flex keeps that Shakey Bridge away from the range...it will be a good time.

Man, the shakey Bridge................................It cost me a MIKE !!!!!!!!

Way to go, looks like you guys have 9 or 10 wheelgunners. :cheers:

I think my semi-tough stage last year has run all the folks who shot the TN match off :angry: Not but 2 signed up! :angry2:

See some of you at Tulsa.

Hop

Edit to add:

Was that a typo I saw????

Steve Anderson signed up to shoot Revo??????

Edited by hopalong

Flex, isn't there a provision on the match application that prevents guys from Ramer from attending...it scares the livestock!

That's because the livestock can't spell.......based on their experience they thought it was Rammer.....

John,

You and Sako can put that off until another time. :wacko:

Get that wheelgun out and let's PLAY !!!!! You too Jeff ! :huh:

And where is LEFTY45 ????

Edit to add:

Looks like I'll be shooting with you guys and gals on Sunday. :)

Hop

Edited by hopalong

So your the seventh revo shooyer on our squad

it will be nice to meet all of you sunday i have never shot on a revo squad before so i hope to learn alot

if i can just not get confused when it's steve's turn to shoot

Steve

Sorry Hop, but its has to be this match. Sako gamed me on SS point series last year by switching from revo to SS at last year's sectional. I'm out for blood :devil: and its sako blood i'm looking for :P

I promise to put down the SS and shoot Revo for the the rest of the year. By the way, I'll be working stage 1 at nats this year. and I'll be shooting Revo at the staff match.

Its is funny tho, yesturday's club match I was shooting SS and breaking the stages down like I was shooting Revo. I'm finding that I'm enjoy shooting Revo more and more.

~John

Looks like we can check the loaded gauged moonclips off the "to do" list for next weekend's match :P

post-8179-1188163446.jpg

Empty pretzel containers are great for sorted brass and loaded moonclips!

See ya there B)

Now that is just TOO organized.

:surprise:

Honestly that looks like a good idea.

Shame I don't eat pretzels.

Hop, it will be good to be shooting with you in Ohio.

Diana is also looking forward to shooting (again!!!) on a revolver squad with a bottom feeder. She likes it, because she says it makes gaming the stages much easier for her. She watches how the wheelgunners run the stage, counts and marks where we reload, and then copies our plan, with just one change...she reloads every other time we do!!!! :blink:

Sue and Sarah...I wish I had thought of that idea for reusing pretzel containers. Very neat idea.

This will be a nice revolver friendly match. No going prone on my belt full of moon clips, and NO SHAKEY BRIDGE!!!!!

John,

You and Sako can put that off until another time. :wacko:

Get that wheelgun out and let's PLAY !!!!! You too Jeff ! :huh:

And where is LEFTY45 ????

Edit to add:

Looks like I'll be shooting with you guys and gals on Sunday. :)

Hop

Sam, I won't be able to make the Ohio Match this year but I'm looking forward to Nationals. Good luck.

Phil

Hey 41, I just realized were finally going to get to chat in person !!!! :)

As for Steve winning......................I'll do my best to dissapoint. :P

Hop

Oh and John,

When I first switched back to a bottom feeder last fall it took me a month to quit looking for reload places after 4-6 shots ! :wacko:

Edited by hopalong

Hey 41, I just realized were finally going to get to chat in person !!!! :)

Hello Hop,

Looking forward to meeting you. Was disappointed when you couldn't make area 4. You do know you had something to do with my working as an RO at that match? You was right, it was fun and I learned a lot.

When you coming up? I will most likely drive by on Sat. and visit with some of my friends that are shooting and then drive back home. I'm about 80 or 90 miles out I think. All good twisties for bike riding though.

I'm really looking forward to this match, I have never ever shot with more than one other revolver on my squad and even that is rare around here. This is going to be a lot of fun. Seven wheel guns on one squad !!!

See all you folks at the match,

41mag

Congratulations (unofficially - scores not posted yet) to Hopalong for what appears to be another victory in Revolver! Chad gave him a run for his money this year and wasted no time in moving quickly past me. Won't be long and he'll be in A-Class where he belongs :)

One of these days I'm going to catch you Hop ;) ...until then; it was great to shoot and BS with you again. Hope the ride home was safe and uneventful. Good luck at the Nationals.

Congratulations to all the revolver shooters. We had a great turn out and had a great time as usual. Another great squad. Thanks Sue for being "squad Mom." It was nice meeting new friends and I had a great time visiting with old friends.

:)

Well I made it home at 4:45 ET with a straight through drive !!!! (remind me NOT to do that again !!!)

Observations:

1 Great squad !!!!! :D

2 Sue is the real TROOPER !!!!!! at the end of the match she had a big ole blister on her shooting hand where that 625 was rubbing, but she just kept on going.

3 Seems like every one else is getting better, and I'm slipping ! <_<

4 GREAT MATCH, better than the 2005 record setting match (that year the stages were revo HOSTILE, and this year they even had too many options for a revo)

5 KYLE and Mother Nature are truely "Hooked UP" (59 degrees Sun AM and 82 for a high) :)

6 Diana and Sarah are "bad news" with those auto loaders of theirs !!!!! (please don't get them to shooting revolvers)

7 If it wasn't 9 hrs and 10 minutes from the range drive way to my drive way I'd do this more often :wacko:

8 Good to see old friends, and make new ones.

9 I had the intentions of just shooting a clean match but with 4 Carmoneys' that didn't quite happen !!!! :angry:

10 VERY LUCKY to get out of there with the win, Pat and Chad are Wolves in sheeps clothing. :ph34r:

11 Marmot is Chicken !!!!! scared of his brother in law...... :goof:

12 Redmist some how gets better with little practice and only 4 matches a year ???????? :huh:

13 Couldn't and wouldn't ask for any others to shoot with, good to meet you Sue, Sarah, Steve, Steve, Mike, Diana, Pat (some I had met before but not shot with, others I had met and shot with, others this was my first time of hopefully more to come)

See some of you next week, others whenever. Until then take care and God Bless.

Hopalong

"most part, harmless" Sue, just ask the no-shoots that I hit if I was harmless :blink:

They didn't stand a chance!!!! I thought I'd gotten TWO hits on ONE no-shoot on "In A Match" but a certain fine hat wearing CRO determined that a triangle shaped hole was caused by the plate hitting the no-shoot, not some deformed bullet out of my revolver. Great officiating...and the check is in the mail...

Thanks again to Sue for being the squad mom, it was very much appreciated.

Sue and Steve should be very proud of Sarah. She drove that Open gun with skill and precision, with a whole lot of "Alpha's" Only a couple of years with that pistol....with some more time some other shooters will need to be very worried about Sarah's performance at matches.

41mag claims that he hasn't been shooting revolver very long...he must be a VERY FAST learner.

Redmist: thanks for the tip on the WST powder. Another choice for reloading, and it certainly seems to work very well in your gun.

So your secret of wheelgunning success is to practice little, and shoot less matches....seems to work for you.

Hop: my congratulations on a very impressive win. That classy looking Model 25 certainly seemed to keep homing in on all the A-zones. Good luck next week.

The Ohio Sectional crew put on another fine match. Hop already said it, but I have to also say that this was a very good match for revolver shooters, as well as those "other" shooters.

Diana and I are already looking forward to next years festivities. :cheers: