Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sti Recoil Master??

RC51_Texas

No instructions included. No instructions on STI's Website. I have the "green plug" and have tried to figure it out, but I'm frustrated to the point of wanting to put the green plug up STI's _ _ _ _ !!! Please help - thanks!!!!

FYI, should you stick your green plug someplace you don't want to retrieve it from, you can cut down and lengthwise-slit a .223 case to achieve the same effect.

RMrepl.JPG

(discovered this after losing mine the night before a match..this is not an entertaining project if you don't need one ASAP)

• 3 weeks later...

RC-51:

What do you think about the RM ?

Despite the fact that's a "bulls..t" to disassemble ;)

I tried this for the first time on my executive and I love it.

I was on the "light spring" side for years but today, I think that the RM is the best device to put in a standard/limited gun :wub:

"The gun is not fully broken, and the fitting is very tight."

So Julien, your waiting for it to be fully broken?

:o

I would watch out for usage of this product in any match that counts. I have seen so many that have broke, its sad.

Please keep an eye out for any cracks etc..

Best of luck,

Thanks for the advice Matt,

Before each match I fully disassemble my gun and check EVERY part after cleaning.

Then put some kind of strange grease ;) in it reassemble and fire a couple of rounds before the match.

But I'll keep an eye on this system .

DVC

Julien

:)

• 1 year later...
... do you disassemble this inbred bastard of a device?????????????
Jake, The unit itself is braded together and cannot be taken apart.

At the 2002 Nationals, Dave was having units shipped to Bend daily. One shipment had an assembly error. (Light spring, heavy parts) The parts were scrapped. While you could break the unit and salvage a couple of pieces, it was cheaper to start over. I think they found out when someone bought one, installed it in his gun, and it broke the next afternoon.

Lesson: Don't change major parts just before or during a match.

Talking with Dave and Don, the inital test showed that the units worked through 80K. I had one shear at 20K, in 2003, Chris exchanged it out at the match. Talking with Hicks, TJ changes his out around 40K.

• 2 months later...

Well, here we are two days before the Florida Open and the RM in my son's Edge breaks.

I replaced it with a steel guide rod (from another Edge) reverse plug and spring and now when the slide goes to the fully open position, it seems to get "gritty" as if the spring is binding at full compression.

Any ideas? I'm taking a backup gun for my son to Florida, but he sure would like to shoot his gun.

thanks in advance,

dj

ps... I hope I'm not drifting this thread too bad!!!!! :D

I bought a used STI Competitor 38 super last fall and it came with a recoil master installed. It works great, no problem with it so far. I have had some open shooters in my area try it and they seem to like it. I have no idea how old it is or if I need to worry about it breaking, oh I hate this lol. I better get a backup just in case. Does anyone know if there's a limit to how many rounds thereabouts you can shoot before replacing it? I keep the "tool' in my gun case under the foam liner.

Oh yeah read down a bit further on the posts, oh well see how long it last's I guess.

Just want to take the time to thank Bob Londrigan of Brazos Custom for helping me get my Son's gun up and running for the Florida Open after the recoil master puked. Bob was a great help, we replaced it and the gun ran fine afterwards.

Thanks again Bob,

dj