Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Seems like Carmoney won A-5 mudfest

hopalong

Mike whooped us again. :bow: Young Sam was closing the gap pretty good, too. Good thing that kid doesn't practice. :huh: I sure thought I would get a little closer percentage to Mike but I ended up doing my usual two or three stupid mistakes that dropped me down quite a bit in a few stages. You know you messed up a stage up when the RO looks at you and asks, "What the hell kind of a plan was that?" :lol:

Weather conditions aside it was another great match in Wisconsin.

Thanks guys! :)

I don't think I have ever seen so much water in the sky at one time as I did in LaCrosse on Sat. evening. Unbelievable quantity of rain--I never thought we would be able to shoot on Sunday. Fortunately, a combination of (1) sandy soil with good drainage and (2) a fast-thinking and hard-working match crew saved the match for us.

I started out a little slow, for some reason my reloads just felt a bit awkward, but then I got back in the groove. Got myself psyched out on the speed shoots, knowing how good Keith is at shooting those stages. The CRO on one stage told me the time I had to beat, and of course that meant I had to go absolutely balls-out and miss a steel about four times! :D Oh well, it all worked out OK, and Sam and I had a great time in Wisconsin. It was really nice to ride up to the match with Shooterdoc and his fast-shooting Open gun son, Craig.

One of the highlights of the match was when I was walking back from receiving my trophy and Truegent2004 tapped me on the shoulder and said he had a telegram for me. Here it is:

post-4033-1187658135.jpg

There you have it! I've heard the 3 amigos like to talk some smack when the match is running but when its all over they congratulate each other. Seems like Mike has been getting most of the congratulations lately. Good job Mike!

Just goes to show you how much the classifiers really mean, you still have to go out there and win. Both Dan & Cliff are GM's and rightfully so & Mike is a little ole Master class shooter & takes no prisoners when the bell sounds. Now if you would just unlimber that 610, think what you could do. Think GM!!!!

Also, nice job Sam, looks like the apple didn't fall very far from the tree! Still shooting lead in that 25-2?

Dick

Yeah, you can take Dan's telegram a couple different ways. My interpretation:

"Congrats! I got really lucky last year, but I know lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place. Sometimes I just get scared." Love, Dan Carden

;)

Now if you would just unlimber that 610, think what you could do. Think GM!!!!

Also, nice job Sam, looks like the apple didn't fall very far from the tree! Still shooting lead in that 25-2?

Dick, I'm sticking with the 625s for now, even though I know I'm handicapping myself pretty dramatically! ;)

Sam's shooting plated 230-gr. Rainiers in the 25-2, same load I use. He is doing pretty well this year, despite the fact that he never practices.

Mike

How dare you accuse me of passing off such an inflammatory telegram. :o

I'm as innocent as Michael Vick........er.........I mean OJ.......no wait.........ok ok I admit it. I did it.

You'll do almost anything if Dan promises you free food. ;)

were you talking about this guy with the hole in the hand?

michaels

that only happens when you try to shove a moon clip into the grip of a revo(you just hope and pray that not even the RO saw you make that mistake).....................yes i have made that mistake.....damned bottoms feeders.

brett