Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Smitty,

I love that logo! :devil: I can't wait. I know this is going to be a match that I'll remember fondly for a long time. My thanks to you, Derek, Wadette and the entire team for all your hard work to put this together.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we got just about all of it done. The steel stage is pretty cool; hard to describe what 60 pieces of steel in one bay looks like until you see it. Didn't come out looking like the drawing; I think there are about 15 us poppers, 1 plate and the rest (44) pepper poppers. Should be a fun stage. Actually most of them look pretty fun, but I suppose I'm biased.

Still have some room in the match if anyone is in the area; can't guarantee squadding any longer but can get you in likely.

I see Manny's name on one, are he and Ted-Zilla coming?

I talked to Ted-Zilla... he said you stole that name from me... :P I don't think they're coming. :(

Why didn't you come shoot Frostproof with us today??? (I've never seen the steel bays on the right used before except for shootoffs!) I shot the match, (like poop!), then finished painting the stages (I never said I was a professional! :blink: ), and digging a gravesite. The stages look UNBELIEVABLE!!! Smitty is doing an amazing job and an incredible amount of work. Mark Weir and his crew have done a PHENOMENAL job on Waking Nightmare, as well as schoonie and "Ricky Bobby" on their stages. I had my fears about "JC's" stage too... but it really looks great on the range. Thursday there will be some fine tuning and, I'm going to do a little decorating/cosmetic work.

Those of you who aren't able to attend will really be missing out. Those of you shooting... well, you're in for the time of your life!!! :cheers:

Those of you who aren't able to attend will really be missing out. Those of you shooting... well, you're in for the time of your life!!! :cheers:

I am having MONSTER ENVY!!!!! I can't believe I am not gonna be able to shoot this match!!! And with the Steel Side Match as well!!! :angry2:

I hope for/expect some good range reports videos!!!!

Work at times is just not fair!!! :angry2:

I hope you all have a GREAT TIME!!! I'll be thinkin' about ya'll :cheers:

Manny isn't coming to the best of my knowledge. I just slightly modified one of his stages from the state match so I put his name on it.

I'm not sure about the steel match on Friday. It's a good idea though; I know Derek was planning on setting it up on Friday, I'll talk to him and see what his plans are. I think he is doing Smoke and Hope and 5 to Go. Make sure to bring extra ammo; it should be fun and we are paying back 100% from the steel match in two divisions, Iron's and Open.

I just finished loading a shade over 400 rounds just before dinner. I figure another 400 should pretty much do it. Back to the garage! :DB)

I feel your pain (sore shoulder). Last night I loaded 700 rounds of Major 9. (Open STI/SVI/Radical) And ... as you know loading Major 9 with VV3n38 is a slow process. :mellow: I took it easy, but still ended up with about a 1/4 lb of spilled powder in the floor. Maybe I can re-cycle it or sell it on E-Bay as fertilizer ????

Tonight I am loading another 800 rounds of .357 Sig for my "back-up" Open Glock. This one I am loading with Silhouette, there will be no spilled powder, and will be done in half the time. Just as well because I need to rest my shoulder.

And, while we are on the subject, I better get a syringe full of WD-40 " trigger finger joint lubricant" along with mega-dose's of Glucosamin/Condoitrin, and start exercising my joints. I just took another look at the stages (yes, I downloaded copies for the stages), and there is going to be quite a little bit of sprinting around, along with flexing that trigger finger very fast ... for a lot of shots.

After this match I may have to go back home on crutches, but I will be wearing the biggest smile. :cheers:

(Hey, Jaxshooter -- Are you bringing the Artic Cat "Limo" ???)