Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FYI

I am sure the central florida shooters are already aware but there is "mini" monster match the regular 2nd saturday match of October at the Malabar Club. any excuse to be able to shoot 40+ rounds per stage. :surprise:

Where is the Malabar Club?

2nd Sat in Oct...what time? Is there an advance registration? What is the cost? How many stages, rounds?

Thanks.

Malabar is Palm Bay kinda....

Same area...

They are gonna do their regular match, but make it "monster" stages to kind of get prepared.

Should be $16-19. Not sure. The contact will be Bill McCune @ remoandiris@hotmail.com

Give him an email and I am sure he will get you all the info you need.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI

I am sure the central florida shooters are already aware but there is "mini" monster match the regular 2nd saturday match of October at the Malabar Club. any excuse to be able to shoot 40+ rounds per stage. :surprise:

2nd Sat in Oct...what time? Is there an advance registration? What is the cost? How many stages, rounds?

Thanks.

Same area...

They are gonna do their regular match, but make it "monster" stages to kind of get prepared.

Should be $16-19. Not sure. The contact will be Bill McCune @ remoandiris@hotmail.com

Thanks for the information...I'll contact him directly and Google Palm Bay?

FYI

Thanks.

Same area...

Thanks for the information...I'll contact him directly and Google Palm Bay?

OUCH...

Just did a google...

Palm Bay is 200 miles from Sarsota. A little too far for me.

Thanks again. See you at the Monster Match :cheers:

Daniel, what are you doing posting this afternoon? I thought you had company coming to visit. What did you do, dump them when they got boring and come to join us here?

It was great shooting with you again today. As usual, Stevie, David and crew did a great job and had some terrific COFs for us today. Of course, even the 40 rounder was a bit short of what we'll see in Frostproof next month.

See you there!

Daniel, what are you doing posting this afternoon? I thought you had company coming to visit. What did you do, dump them when they got boring and come to join us here?

It was great shooting with you again today. As usual, Stevie, David and crew did a great job and had some terrific COFs for us today. Of course, even the 40 rounder was a bit short of what we'll see in Frostproof next month.

See you there!

Company was there (about 12 people watching the Florida vs. Tenn. game) on my 142" screen. I was in my recliner with my laptop.

FYI

Thanks.

Same area...

The match at Malabar is our regularly scheduled monthly match. "I" used the term "mini Monster Match" 2 weeks ago when I sent results for the Sep match just to let people know there will be "some" (maybe all) big stages. One stage, already planned, will be 40 rds with paper and steel. 4 stages to go.

Cost is the regular match fee, $11 for club members and $15 for non-members. Club web page is http://www.pmrpc.com

Sign-up starts around 8 a.m. and closes at 8:50 and the walk thru begins promptly at 9 a.m.

• 2 weeks later...

Stages are coming together; a few of us were on the range this weekend getting started.

I hope to have the stages on the website by next weekend. Round count is looking right about 500 for 10 stages; including a stage with 60+ pieces of steel.

We only have a dozen or so spots left, don't delay if you want in on some barrel melting action.

Also we are still short a few RO's. If you'd like to work for the weekend and shoot for free we could use you.

More updates to follow.

Edited by SmittyFL

Submitted final stage info to order the score sheets this morning.

Lowest round count on a stage: 42 / Highest: 60 / Match round count: 507 / 10 stages plus chrono

Derek Janowicz from Millennium Custom and match director of the US National Steel Championship will be there with a one or two stage side match. We will have at least one and maybe two stages from the Steel Championship set up. If you've never shot a steel match here is your chance to try it out. Not sure exactly how it will work yet but you will shoot it like a steel match, 5 runs throwing out your worst for a total time. We will do some kind of 50/50 payback. (maybe 5/95 if I can talk Derek into it :-) So bring plenty of extra ammo.

I hope to have the stages on the website by next weekend. Round count is looking right about 500 for 10 stages; including a stage with 60+ pieces of steel.

Fireant,

A stage with 60+ pieces of steel !!!! :surprise:

and you are still not going???? :blink::blink:

If you'd like to identify yourself to me... I'll put together a Special Edition Enosverse Monster Match video compilation.

I'll try to get what video footage I can, but I'll be working a stage (not sure which one yet). So, stop by, pick up my camera, video some of your friends runs, bring it back to me and I'll edit, put to music and post here.

Or, if there's someone who'd like to be an 'official' videographer...

Lemme know.

:D

Submitted final stage info to order the score sheets this morning.

Lowest round count on a stage: 42 / Highest: 60 / Match round count: 507 / 10 stages plus chrono

Derek Janowicz from Millennium Custom and match director of the US National Steel Championship will be there with a one or two stage side match. We will have at least one and maybe two stages from the Steel Championship set up. If you've never shot a steel match here is your chance to try it out. Not sure exactly how it will work yet but you will shoot it like a steel match, 5 runs throwing out your worst for a total time. We will do some kind of 50/50 payback. (maybe 5/95 if I can talk Derek into it :-) So bring plenty of extra ammo.

Does anyone have a schedule for the match?

Start time? Are we shooting 10 stages in one day? Are there assigned squads? Any other logistics we should know about?

???

I emailed Smitty earlier today and he said we have 11 time slots (10 stages + chrono) and will go something like 6 Saturday 5 Sunday but final schedule to be determined. Some will shoot an extra stage Saturday, some'll get an extra one Sunday.

As to start time I'd be at the range by 0700 unless I hear otherwise. I'm sure there'll be more posted before it's go time.

Monster.jpg

Final schedule will be determined this weekend and posted to the website Sunday night or Monday morning but it's pretty safe to say we will have a shooters meeting about 8am on Saturday morning with shooting to follow and start shooting at 8am on Sunday morning. Everyone will shoot both days. 6 or 7 stages on Saturday and 3 or 4 on Sunday.

As mentioned earlier Derek with the US National Steel Championship will have two stages from the steel match set up as a side match. 5 runs on each stage of 5 rounds each. So one run through will be 50 rounds. Bring plenty of ammo; if you've never tried a steel match now is the time to check it out. It's a boat load of fun and we will have cash prizes by division. We haven't worked out all the details yet but 5 bucks a run or something with cash payback will be the deal.

Lunch will be on the range for a reasonable fee. We will have water and soda's for sale as well.

Stages will be up on the website by the end of the week. I think we've got some good ones for ya. I'm not usually one for hoser type stuff but every now and again they are fun. We have one stage, 56 rounds that will likely be the highest hit factor I've ever seen. Plenty of hardcover throughout the match as well so it ain't all hoser stuff.

The range will be open Friday for competitors to view the stages. RO's will be shooting so stay out of their way and as always don't mess with or activate any of the props. Wadette will be doing registration on Friday at some point, time to follow; she will also be doing it Saturday morning early, time also to follow.

If you're ROing I'll be sending you an email this week but we are probably looking at 9am on Friday.

We've had some folks pull out over the past week; I think we have about 10 or 12 spots left if anyone wants in.

More to follow, thanks for supporting the match for those of you that are shooting.

Edited by SmittyFL