Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dates for 2008 Nationals and Major Matches?

Everyone wanted a change in how the Nationals are handled.

Only a few actually voted in that manner.

Jim

Jim,

What I came to realize after the election is that the 340 are on this board and only a small representation of the membership at large. The majority shoot local matches and an occasional sectional. As long as their matches are run on a regular basis and they get classifier scores turned in, things are good.

Not sour grapes, just a fact. A very small percentage of the total membership are worried about what happens at the national level.

Edited by TRNinTX

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim,

What I came to realize after the election is that the 340 are on this board and only a small representation of the membership at large. The majority shoot local matches and an occasional sectional. As long as their matches are run on a regular basis and they get classifier scores turned in, things are good.

Not sour grapes, just a fact. A very small percentage of the total membership are worried about what happens at the national level.

Maybe more than you think. It affects all of us. Local "big match", sectional, Area matches---

they all need to be scheduled and that's all done by the people at the local level. It really

sucks when you have set a date, done the entry form, maybe made arrangements with a match

hotel and food services, only to later have the Nationals scheduled on YOUR weekend.

I can see NO GOOD REASON that the Nationals can not be scheduled at least a year in advance.

Yes I voted.

I think you misunderstood my point. I well aware of the "trickle down" effect that Nationals scheduling has on everyone, that is one of the reasons I ran for A4 Director; but out of the total USPSA membership, there is a limited number of shooters who actually compete above the club match level. That is neither good nor bad, just the way it is. The members on BE are for the most case the limited number of shooters that I am referring to.

Edited by TRNinTX

Very good point, Tim.

(now...y'all need to turn this thread around...it's heading toward politics.)

NO!!!! Not another one of MY threads :unsure:

BOD needs to create a By-Law that REQUIRES Nationals to be schedules at LEAST one year in advance.

NUF SAID!!!

- The current by-laws only allow for the President to enter into a contract for the Nationals.

- The current by-laws don NOT allow the President to enter into a contract which would be carried out after his term. (or words to that effect)

- That made this year special. Since this was an election year, and the President could have been a new person next year...he couldn't enter into a contract with a range for next year.

- None of that does any of us any good.

- A change in the by-laws may be in order.

- The issue needs to be pressed toward YOUR AREA DIRECTOR...if you'd hope to get the by-laws ammended.

- The President needs to hear from you under the current system.

I am sure that all of the Area Directors have been in this game a long time. With all due respect, if they don't know by now, what is the use telling them one on one? This is no new development! Please don't take offense Directors. I appreciate all your selfless hard work and dedication to the sport. But the members need your support on this issue. I am just saying listen to the masses. No matter how small. Many USPSA members don't go to the nats. But I bet they aren't the ones complaining about the nats not getting scheduled in a timely fashion either. :mellow: These by-laws need to be amended....that is the point of having a committee correct? Thanks for listening to my ramblings... :blush:

BOD needs to create a By-Law that REQUIRES Nationals to be schedules at LEAST one year in advance.

NUF SAID!!!

+1.

No matter if it is the end of one's term or not, this needs to be made a bylaw.

Talk, write, email, call your Area director and make a difference.

Now that its December 1st and the vacation scheduling deadline for many has passed, it would be interesting to see how many were forced to "blow off" the Nationals for 2008.

If the Nationals do not include the cream of the crop due to late scheduling, the BOD should take notice.

Bill

I think that the top shooters will always be there. It's part of thier job for some and vital for others to be there. It's the guys stuck in the middle with a regular job that are stuck. I'm in the same boat. I've had to use sick and personal days to go to a match many times.

I am sure that all of the Area Directors have been in this game a long time. With all due respect, if they don't know by now, what is the use telling them one on one?

What's the use complaining about it HERE ?

Since we ahve a thread or two going on this, I am going to shut this one down.

closed.