Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Gun on order

zhunter

Went in to drop off some.45 ammo and mags for testing in my Single Stack which is in the final stages of being built. I have been mulling the idea of a 6" Limited gun, so talked to Derek at Millennium Custom about it, and ended up with a 5" gun on order :)

Ended up walking out with a super light framed skinny gun on order. With LOTS of lightening, I hope it is not too snappy :unsure:

Seems this one won't take long to build.

STI Narrow short dust cover frame.

STI 5" lightened slide

Schuemann bushing barrel

Doug Koenig Hammer

SV short curved trigger

Flat mainspring

Ed Brown mag release

Ed Brown Ambi Thumb safety

.090 Fiber Optic from sight

Bomar rear sight

Dawson Ice magwell

EGW long Ejector

Aftec extractor

I am sure I am leaving stuff out, but that is the jest of it.

Finish will be Black Ion Bond

NOW, I gotta get back to work to pay for this stuff!!! :blink:

Edited by zhunter

I think he means "narrow" frame as opposed to skinny like Single Stack.

Z......Dude, you pick my brain and then don't even tell me?!?!?

I feel so used... but not like, you know, in a good way. :blush:

Let's talk sexy lightening cuts!!!

We'll work up a load and have a blast?!?! Hell, accordinding to the threads here we'll have to move further from the plates to have ANY hope of missing them. :rolleyes:

We'll work up a load and have a blast?!?! Hell, accordinding to the threads here we'll have to move further from the plates to have ANY hope of missing them. :rolleyes:

Original post edited to use proper terminology :D

DP, I am just looking forward to having time to shoot again, is it November yet????

Original post edited to use proper terminology :D

DP, I am just looking forward to having time to shoot again, is it November yet????

Me too, I'll meet you at CFRPC, bring 500 rounds and we'll break that sucker in right!!!

You head faked me with that 6" talk.

Don't worry, I'll have one and you can sip the kool-aid that way.

Light 5", hmm provocative, like my 32 ounce IDPA legal one, the Mall Ninja Supremo. I am really happy with my current 37 ounce setup, it's gonna take something spectacular to blast me out of that.

He'll wind up with a 6" too.

Z,

Except for the bushing barrel, it sounds a lot like what I've been shooting for a couple years. Except, I now have no fiber optic in the sight, just a hole (that will get replaced one of these days) I don't do Aftec's and my strong side safety is a Wilson.

Z,

Come on spill the beans, what was the reasoning behind going in after a 6" and coming out with a 5"?

Derek just feels that the only real gain with a 6" is the sight radius. I was concerned about ordering it and not having something that was noticeably better and then being financially stuck with it. Let's face it, Derek's guns are not inexpensive, so I went with what I knew.

Z's still on painkillers, isn't he?? :lol:

Note to self.... don't visit the gunsmith next time I'm on painkillers.... :D

Dave, good point, actually, YES, I was on painkillers at the time!!! :blink:

Z,

Come on spill the beans, what was the reasoning behind going in after a 6" and coming out with a 5"?

Derek just feels that the only real gain with a 6" is the sight radius. I was concerned about ordering it and not having something that was noticeably better and then being financially stuck with it. Let's face it, Derek's guns are not inexpensive, so I went with what I knew.

and they said that longer shafts and the 460cc head were not going to work either...you will be sorry you did not opt for the longer one..

Z,

and they said that longer shafts and the 460cc head were not going to work either...you will be sorry you did not opt for the longer one..

I am sure that could be the case. I was just not willing to possibly invest $1000 to find out. The $1000 being what I would have lost on the sale had I needed to sell it if I did not like it.

don't worry Z, if you don't like it, Merlin will buy it...LOL Don't think Benny has talked him into a 6" yet..

Is Merlin in the market for another 5" Limited Blaster?? :surprise:

I am sure I will like it, the only uncertainty being a really light 5" gun. It will have lots of slide lightening, but no cuts the way many of the super sexy guns posted HERE have. I think those slide cuts can be really sexy. Maybe a bitch to keep clean, especially for my Type"A-ness"!!! Derek just seems to shy away from cutting slides all the way thru. Who knows.

You're gonna love that gun. Light limited guns are great. I used to have a 5" bushinged gun built by Dan Ruff of CGW and I NEVER should have sold that pistol. Super light and pointed fast. Stopped on a dime too.

I have my Brazos BCG Pro now and I love it. Definiely heavier, but Bob and I talked about it during the build. When I get used to limited again, I'll probably swap the barrel for a bushing barrel. Of course, having not shot regularly for nearly 3 years now, ANY shooting is what I need to do, much less getting 'used' to limited. <_< Oh well. 14 more months to go.

Rich

180-ish days 'til we're back in the US!

don't worry Z, if you don't like it, Merlin will buy it...LOL Don't think Benny has talked him into a 6" yet..

Ahhhh.. 6" guns rock and rule.

2 from Benny, one from Jim Anglin and one from Virgil Tripp.... All my 5" guns are strictly IDPA specific purpose built guns.

Only one question Z..... Did you shoot a 6" before making this blunder decision?
I talked to him, it's a 5", we all just got corn-fused.

2 from Benny, one from Jim Anglin and one from Virgil Tripp....

Are you guys raining on my parade

:D

2 from Benny, one from Jim Anglin and one from Virgil Tripp.... All my 5" guns are strictly IDPA specific purpose built guns.

Merlin,

Shoot me a pm with some info or even a pic of that Anglin 6 in. gun. I'm starting to shop myself, just have to decide who. Benny and Jim are both class acts from what I can tell.

Z......Dude, you pick my brain and then don't even tell me?!?!?

I feel so used... but not like, you know, in a good way. :blush:

Let's talk sexy lightening cuts!!!

Don't you hate that wejn they use you and leave for another? :o

Hey Z, when was the last time you saw a 6" for sale? :D

Markm

This was actually discussed!!! I never hear of anyone shooting a 6"er of buying one that says they wish they had not done it!!! I gave it a lot of thought, believe me!!!

Is Merlin in the market for another 5" Limited Blaster?? :surprise:

I am sure I will like it, the only uncertainty being a really light 5" gun. It will have lots of slide lightening, but no cuts the way many of the super sexy guns posted HERE have. I think those slide cuts can be really sexy. Maybe a bitch to keep clean, especially for my Type"A-ness"!!! Derek just seems to shy away from cutting slides all the way thru. Who knows.

Dude, I meant to get the 6" and if you don't like it, sell it to Merlin..LOL...but by now Bennie has him on the list to get one...too late...

Only one question Z..... Did you shoot a 6" before making this blunder decision?
I talked to him, it's a 5", we all just got corn-fused.

2 from Benny, one from Jim Anglin and one from Virgil Tripp....

Are you guys raining on my parade

:D

No, just asking if you'd rather have 6" or 5"....in THIS you have a choice.. :rolleyes: