Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 South Carolina Sectional Championship

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which day are you guys working Nemo? I assume you'll be sunning yourself in a chaise lounge while the Francisco and Junior do all the work as usual. :rolleyes:

Oh, my. You have obviously never shot a SC State Section Match. :P

Staff shoots Friday. They work on Saturday. . . They really work on Saturday. Shooters on Saturday do not paste targets, reset steel or otherwise work on the stage. We put enough staff on the stages to get that done without assistance from competitors. We expect the Saturday shooters to come and enjoy the stages and the company of their fellow competitors. Any staff member caught "sunning" or "lounging" will be re-assigned to stats. That'll keep 'em straight! :devil:

Seriously, nearly 80 % of our staff has worked the match before and return to help again. Others, like the Colon clan or Jay from Maine, have shot the match before, and are aware of what is expected.

Only 18 more days. :)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2008 SC Match Statistician

Edited by LChico

I assume you'll be sunning yourself in a chaise lounge while the Francisco and Junior do all the work as usual. :rolleyes:

Just don't tell Linda... ;)

"Nelson.....Nelson..... Come back to the Revooooooo"

I think that came from your safe, better check it out.

Shooters on Saturday do not paste targets, reset steel or otherwise work on the stage. We put enough staff on the stages to get that done without assistance from competitors. We expect the Saturday shooters to come and enjoy the stages and the company of their fellow competitors.

How "whack" is that? I am sooo looking forward to this match! :D

This is always a fantastic match. I've done it several years running now and it is one of the few that is on my "must-shoot-no-matter-what" list. Linda and her team do an amazing job and everything runs like a Swiss watch. I'll be shooting it Saturday....as always....and I'm seriously looi=king forward to it.

Anyone out there from BEnosland, be sure and say hello to the Canadian guy wearing the Tanfoglio hat.

This is my favorite match of the year. I don't do much work at most matches during the year; but here, no one knows how lazy I really am....

Actually, we do know that. We've let you keep coming back because you are the pied piper of the Revo crowd. My revolver shooters have tripled since you started putting this match regularly on your schedule. We get more revolver shooters than all but 2 area matches! At first I thought they were all your friends. Then I realized they are just trying to beat you. :goof:

And I always thought it was your favorite match because of the free 'silver bullets' at the after party! ;)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

And I always thought it was your favorite match because of the free 'silver bullets' at the after party! ;)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

That is REASON ENOUGH for ME!!!!! :cheers:

And now you have the CHALICE to enjoy your SILVER BULLETS from. You just need to start collecting chalices at every major match.

I'm shooting Friday this year so I guess I won't get the red carpet treatment I guess. However, after looking at the stage briefs and sketches, I'll be way to busy having fun shooting to notice that I'm also pasting and resetting steel.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Those were free, Jack was charging me $2 a piece. I spent like $40.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

$40?? Jack must have been giving them to you for half price after 2 AM

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

I can't remember......something to do with the Vodka tonics that a certain friend of mine kept feeding me..... :blink: I wasn;t going to turn them down.... :cheers:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

I can't remember......something to do with the Vodka tonics that a certain friend of mine kept feeding me..... :blink: I wasn;t going to turn them down.... :cheers:

Be careful with that aiming fluid! Too much and you could blow a gasket!

The Ramada (host hotel) is nearly full. They told me today that there were about 4 king rooms left. Of course, the discount has expired. If you have yet to get a hotel room, these are in order of my preference. Motel 6 is the closest & budget but relatively new & clean. Jameson & Hampton are close but more expensive. Red Roof is close but it is last on my list for a reason: very shabby & poor service. Only if it is the only room in town.

Motel 6

7541 Nates Rd

Columbia, SC 29223

Phone: (803) 736-3900

Jameson Suites

7525 Two Notch Rd

Columbia, SC 29223

803-736-6666

Hampton Inn

1551 Barbara Dr

Columbia, SC 29223

Phone: (803) 865-8000

Fax: (803) 865-8046

Microtel

1520 Barbara Dr

Columbia, SC 29223

Phone: (803) 736-3237

Fax: (803) 736-0521

Comfort Inn

7700 Two Notch Rd

Columbia, SC 29223

803-788-5544

Red Roof Inn

7580 Two Notch Rd

Columbia, SC 29223

Phone: (803) 736-0850

Fax: (803) 736-4270

================================

Hope that helps

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2008 SC State Match Statistician

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Heck. one trip up there cost me 3k.......$40 was a BARGIN!! but then again I seem to remember at the TIME it seemed WORTH IT!!!!!

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Heck. one trip up there cost me 3k.......$40 was a BARGIN!! but then again I seem to remember at the TIME it seemed WORTH IT!!!!!

Hell, Randal,

I never said everything in Columbia was free . . .just the banquet and drinks at the 'after party.' What you do when you leave there . . .

If it helps any, everyone who participated in that particular 'after, after party' still talks about it 2 years later :lol:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Hell, Randal,

I never said everything in Columbia was free . . .just the banquet and drinks at the 'after party.' What you do when you leave there . . .

If it helps any, everyone who participated in that particular 'after, after party' still talks about it 2 years later :lol:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

If you remember where you sent US that YEAR I would LIKE to be SENT back there THIS YEAR.....I finally got the last bill PAID off and we NEED SOMETHING NEW TO SPEAK OF!!!