Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Etching Magazines

kennya

I have about 8 tubes for my blaster. I would like to get them numbered and possibly personalized so that I can tell one from the other. In the case that I do have a problem with one of them I can pull it from the bunch. Does anyone know someone who will etch magazines?

KennyA

I have about 8 tubes for my blaster. I would like to get them numbered and possibly personalized so that I can tell one from the other. In the case that I do have a problem with one of them I can pull it from the bunch. Does anyone know someone who will etch magazines?

KennyA

KennyA,

I just use the engraver and stencil set that came with my Dremel tool. Not as sexy as what Bob does at Brazos but it works for keeping them straight. I number the bottoms of the base pads, Dawsons, so it's easy to sort them in my bag.

Donn

Not sure if you are still up for the idea of having someone else doing it for ya. But I do know that Mark Miller at Mach2 Tactical does some work in this area. Contact him with your ideas and I am sure he would set you up with what you need.

Mach2 Tactical

Edited by Rocket35

I have an electro etching machine but it will only work on plain steel and not very effective on painted metal. I have never tried it on blued or black oxide finishes.

However I do have a gentleman that laser engraves and he can do it. Even put your special logo etc on it. I can ask him what the cost might be.

I use a paint marker to mark my mags. I seems to work fine since I put the mark on the base pad any way. I also mark the number on the side.

they can be purchased from the internet from McMaster-Carr as well as Grainger (I think). They are made by Dykem.

David

We use an electroetcher. We just print from the computer to a transparency, expose the engraving film, and zap our metal parts. Once you have a film made, it lasts practically forever. I have one film in a long strip with numbers one through six for doing mags. Each mag takes about one minute to etch and clean up.

The electroetcher can either just erode metal away or erode then make it dark black. Works on carbon and stainless steels as well.