Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Colorado State Championship

Tom Freeman

Hoser, you might want to change the title to "CO State IDPA Championship". FWIW, this will probably get moved to the "matches" section and will definately be confused with the upcoming CO State USPSA match (which I haven't seen anything about at all).

BTW, I just realized the irony of your BE screen name... Everyone knows you as Hoser around CO. I called your work way back when and it took a five minute conversation to get the guy to realize I was looking for you. He had no clue who Tom Freeman was, but he knew Hoser. So, you have seem to used your alias as your screen name :blink:

just curious..went to your link and saw this listed: "All current IDPA Rules will apply"

"Use of a concealment garment is strongly encouraged" :o ..what does this mean...Colorado is a CCW state..right?

just curious..went to your link and saw this listed: "All current IDPA Rules will apply"

"Use of a concealment garment is strongly encouraged" :o ..what does this mean...Colorado is a CCW state..right?

Colorado is a CCW State, but we can not legally *require* a cover garment. Stupid I know. But thats the law.

Please get those apps in. If we dont have more here soon we might be forced to cancel.

However, plan on getting to shoot a suppressed Glock 17 as part of the match.

Lots of moving targets and steel.

Edited by Tom Freeman

• 3 weeks later...
what's the word on this match, is it still on?

As of now, its on. But it isnt looking good. We dont even have 50 friggin people signed up yet. Heck most of them are you Texas boys. Strange, local matches bring out 30-40 and we hardly have any locals signed up.

We (the Match Staff and Board Members) will make a call on 15 Aug to at least give people 30 days heads up. And everyone will be notified on the 15th no matter what decision is made. I hope it goes as I have done too much damn work to let it go...

www.fridpa.com has updates or you can contact me here or at CO2007IDPA (at) juno.com

Edited by Tom Freeman

Sorry to hear you are having problems getting shooters, Hoser. You know I'm not an IDPA shooter, but I would do it if I was still there. Hit up the USPSA shooters that haven't crossed over yet. Just an idea. Good luck.

As of now, its on. But it isnt looking good. We dont even have 50 friggin people signed up yet. Heck most of them are you Texas boys. Strange, local matches bring out 30-40 and we hardly have any locals signed up.

We (the Match Staff and Board Members) will make a call on 15 Aug to at least give people 30 days heads up. And everyone will be notified on the 15th no matter what decision is made. I hope it goes as I have done too much damn work to let it go...

www.fridpa.com has updates or you can contact me here or at CO2007IDPA (at) juno.com

Tom,

At least for the Idaho State IDPA match, we have hardly any local shooters signed up and our match is on the 8th of September, http://www.parmarng.org . But that is normal. At this point in the game we usually have more out-of-staters signed up by far than locals. The local shooters seem to sign up in the last week before the match. I have no idea why.

I hope your match is a go, because by now y'all have lots of money and work invested. Good luck ! ! !

Ken Reed

Edited by freeidaho

Tom,

At least for the Idaho State IDPA match, we have hardly any local shooters signed up and our match is on the 8th of August. Ken Reed

Ken, that would be September 8th for your match. :lol:

Edited by Gregg K

what's the word on this match, is it still on?

Cancelled.

Those that mailed in apps, we thank you for your support. Refunds will be mailed out ASAP.

The third Sunday in Sept will be a normal IDPA match with a picnic thrown in after. As we usually have an annual picnic match anyway, the FR IDPA board has decided to have it at Pueblo this year.