Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Area 2 / Rio Salado Desert Classic - Mesa, AZ

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wahoo!!!!! Got the call from Barb on Wednesday evening that my name made it to the top. :cheers:

I screwed up and didn't get my app. mailed in time to make the lottery. I started out at #34 on the list.

See you all in Mesa!

Cool. Are you gonna squad up with 5 Cents and the rest of the SD shooters?

please send me an email for your squadding requests...

B :ph34r:

I'm going to attempt Limited again. Still haven't been able to get the extracter fixed on my S&W 1911. I'm hoping Will can tune it up in time for the SS Classic. How about you?

Back to open this year. Just can't see the irons worth a damn...

Get thicker glasses :blink: (hehehe)

LOL... see you soon...

A2Chic :ph34r:

I wish it was that easy!

Later,

Chuck

In the valley of the jolly, HO HO HO,...

If the weather continues as it has been lately then you'll be a happy camper. It's been in the high 60's to the low 70's at night and the high 80's to the low 90's during the day. It's been almost perfect.

If the weather continues as it has been lately then you'll be a happy camper. It's been in the high 60's to the low 70's at night and the high 80's to the low 90's during the day. It's been almost perfect.

Barb once told me that the second weeked on November is stastically the nicest weather of the year. It has been great for 5 A2 matches!

(The low 70's at night may be a tad warmer than I remember though)

Later,

Chuck

Weather.com averages for Mesa

Edited by ChuckS

Woohoo! My kid is no longer on the waiting list... he's in and will be shooting this match!

Due to financial constraints, neither I nor mom will be shooting... but both of us will go along as his "caddies"... So, this is kinda like a family mini-vacation. We'll be in PHX a couple days early if all goes as planned.

This is all pretty new to us, since we're noobs who shoot mostly local matches... the biggest match we've been to was the California Silver Buckle (and we were working that one). So basically, I don't know Jack or squat... and Jack left town. Any advice for a 15-year-old first timer at Area 2? Any advice for us parents? Thanks in advance.

Kindest Regards,

Caesar

Woohoo! My kid is no longer on the waiting list... he's in and will be shooting this match!

Due to financial constraints, neither I nor mom will be shooting... but both of us will go along as his "caddies"... So, this is kinda like a family mini-vacation. We'll be in PHX a couple days early if all goes as planned.

This is all pretty new to us, since we're noobs who shoot mostly local matches... the biggest match we've been to was the California Silver Buckle (and we were working that one). So basically, I don't know Jack or squat... and Jack left town. Any advice for a 15-year-old first timer at Area 2? Any advice for us parents? Thanks in advance.

Kindest Regards,

Caesar

Hi Caesar, just make sure your kid shoots safe and have fun! On on side this match is a tough one to start with, BUT it's one of the best around! Even here in Europe it has kinda cult status. He shouldn't worry, just shoot it and watch some other top gamers if possible and learn! And don't put any pressure on him, shoot points, the times are not that important for him as a novice. Personally I am looking forward to this one pretty much! 6 days and I am on the plane...CU on the range Chris

Kindest Regards,

Caesar

Hi Caesar, just make sure your kid shoots safe and have fun! On on side this match is a tough one to start with, BUT it's one of the best around! Even here in Europe it has kinda cult status. He shouldn't worry, just shoot it and watch some other top gamers if possible and learn! And don't put any pressure on him, shoot points, the times are not that important for him as a novice. Personally I am looking forward to this one pretty much! 6 days and I am on the plane...CU on the range Chris

Thanks for the advice Chris! No pressure... be safe... have fun... learn... got it. He's really looking forward to this match, and I hope it is even half as great as we've heard. If you see a 15-year-old limited-Glock shooter with a pudgy asian-looking guy carrying his range bag, that is probably us... Feel free to say howdy! See you there!

Kindest Regards,

Caesar

Point Forecast: 4 Miles W Mesa AZ

33.41N -111.82W (Elev. 1263 ft)

Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 90.

Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 54.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 79.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 52.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 81.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 53.

Veteran's Day: Sunny, with a high near 81.