Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do y'all think of my stippling?

aggunner

I looked through a butt load of pics and never saw any like this so I decided to try a sqaure stipple. I also undercut the trigger guard while I was at it. Also, I want to thank Mr. White and those that gave me pointers about what to watch for.

tactical.jpg

rails.jpg

Edited by aggunner

You must shoot in the dark alot :rolleyes:

It looks very nice! good workmanship!

Jim

of course i do, when do you think the pigs are out running around?

Edited by aggunner

Thanks for all of the comments y'all

Nice job. Two Q's. What did you use to do it? What should you look for when undercutting the trigger guard?

I know dremals should never be used on guns, but i that's what I used on the trigger guard. I used the small sanding drum with the fine wheels and kept it at low speed. Go slow and don't get the plastic too hot or else it'll start coming off too fast and leave gouges.

Make some passes, see how it feels in your hand, make a few more passes and keep doing that. After I had it how i liked it I used a medium grit sand paper and went over the entire area.

For the corners where I rounded them, I just use a hand file.

Edited by aggunner

Ag, the stippling looks good. The whole job looks good.

I think them out a bit more, but mostly because I have small hands. I also cut a notch for the weak hand index finger, to get both hands higher on the gun.

Ag, the stippling looks good. The whole job looks good.

I think them out a bit more, but mostly because I have small hands. I also cut a notch for the weak hand index finger, to get both hands higher on the gun.

i did the notch on the trigger guard for my weak hand's index, but i think im going to go back and cut the front strap a bit higher on the strong side so my middle finger isn't getting crushed in there.,