Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

El Prez

JThompson

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW...you can dry fire it in a match. ;)

I thought you could only take one sight picture???

When permitted, competitors taking a sight picture with an

unloaded firearm prior to the start signal must only do so on a

single target, to verify that their sights are prepared as required.

Competitors who test a targeting sequence or a shooting position

while taking a sight picture will incur one procedural penalty per

occurrence.

Check me if I'm wrong, but that says you can't run the sequence of targets, but only draw and sight on 1. ;)

Edited by JThompson

occurrence.

Keep going...you'll find the US rule.

occurrence.

Keep going...you'll find the US rule.

Where?

Is that US8.7.2 Not applicable?

Edited by JThompson

Why? You cannot believe that you are the only one who had that question....

Heck, at today's match I had two different people quoting rules from two rulebooks ago. Can't wait for Jan 08's version.

I mean for double posts and other times when you post something and think better of it. You can still delete the content, so I see no reason you should be able to delete the post as well.

Thanks again... I didn't know how the called out the dif in the rules. I'm in the prcess of rereading it now.

Best

• 2 weeks later...

I shot this live for the first time in a long time today practicing. I have been dry firing it a lot.

Today limited my best run was down 2 points 4.72.

I sure as hell ain't a GM but it sure feels good to even make a GM run.

I had several runs under 5, this one was as perfect as I could run it though.

I saw the sights every shot, and nailed the reload. My reaction time period is slow, something I am working on but not making much progress.

And my splits were all over the place from .14 to .21.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Well... it's been a year since we all looked at the thread and shot some Prez... at least for me. I thought I might bump this up to the top and we could run the drills again and compare our times and hits to a year ago.

I shot something close to the Prez with a turn draw on some patials and came out second at the sectional. This got me thinking about most of my practice being static... I shoot a static stage and get second beating 5 masters and a bunch of As.... hmph. That's a shocker eh? Movement work next up for me....

Anyway, back to the topic... let's set some of these up and run some drils to see how we've progressed, or regressed as the case may be.

You guys game?

I shot the El PRez in practice the other night, I had a little warm up before hand but it was all accuracy work. The turn and draw was alittle to slow and my index was low, drop 3 shots into the C zone. I ran it about .3 sec faster then the last time I shot it. Slowly making some imporvement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a6RkIakTx8

I shot the El PRez in practice the other night, I had a little warm up before hand but it was all accuracy work. The turn and draw was alittle to slow and my index was low, drop 3 shots into the C zone. I ran it about .3 sec faster then the last time I shot it. Slowly making some imporvement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a6RkIakTx8

SM: What concerned me more was why you dropped your head as to look at you gun... There is no need for your head to drop there it should be snapping direct;y to the target. You want to get your eyes there as fast as possible. As you said, the turn was a little slow and I think the head/eye drop had more than a little to do with it. ;)

I'm going to shoot it later today and see where I am...

• 3 weeks later...
SM: What concerned me more was why you dropped your head as to look at you gun... There is no need for your head to drop there it should be snapping direct;y to the target. You want to get your eyes there as fast as possible. As you said, the turn was a little slow and I think the head/eye drop had more than a little to do with it. ;)

I'm going to shoot it later today and see where I am...

My neck doesn't work so good, I can't turn past 45* to my right so snapping it doesn't aways work or feel good, If I tilt my head down, but keep my eyes up, then I see the target sooners. I think it came about from dry firing the el prez and getting a sore neck. I should practice less, but with the correct form

Fast run, however with the 2008 rule book and definition of what Facing Uprange means, I am not sure that start position would fly at most matches.

Yeah, I'm cheating with the head, the back is square to the targets... they were angled on the range.

Fast run, however with the 2008 rule book and definition of what Facing Uprange means, I am not sure that start position would fly at most matches.

Looks legal to me. El Prez has a defined start position, it is not defined as "facing uprange".

Edited by boz1911