Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

El Prez

JThompson

I hit this today in practice as the first shots fired, so it should count as a cold run.

Dry fired it 3-4 times then LAMR.

4.44 -9 (yeah, I know :unsure: ) For an 11.xx hf.

1.20 draw, 1.04 load.

You don't get to df in a match. :P

That's still a good run even -9. ;)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whadda ya mean "yeah, I know"??? That's smokin', dude, even down the points...

Dave, I was just whining about the points. But for cold, I'll damn sure take that draw, and load. :blush: That was pretty fast for me cold, but it didn't really feel like I was pushing, so I was a little miffed when the points were that rough. <_<

More thread drift... I was lacking on the draw, so I did some par times last night and quickly got it back to under 1s (hands sides) I knew what the problem was (mount) and as soon as I got that going I was very close to .8 but the buzzer was just beating me. I need to practice that for the next couple of weeks to lock it in. Also worked the mag changes and got them from 1.5-1.8 to 1.2-.4 Both need to be repeated to burn them in. That's a couple of things I don't mind doing in dry fire.

Hopefully try it live tonight and see how it goes there. Busy as hell today, so it may have to wait for Thurs.

JT

I worked on my draw times tonight... that 1.5 draw was killing me. I still have much work to do, but a hit my personal best at .80 tonight with an A. Also pulled a bill drill at 1.58 all hit the target, but the were very sloppy. I spent most of the time working on stage design for out Aug match. My first time as MD and I want to make it a good show for everyone.

EDIT: I figured out I was swing ingthe gun up in an ark instead of bringing it up and pushing it out. I'm now getting my weak hand to the gun right away and pushing the gun out which is really helping me pickup the dot sooner. ;)

Edited by JThompson

I worked on the stages for the match most of the night, but managed to get in 10-12 El Prez drills before I left. The runs were pretty solid, but the reloads still need work. I had some bad bobbles, but figured out why. I was gripping the mag my the bottom and wasn't getting my index finger along the front of the mag and guiding it properly. Best reload was 1.3, but most were still around 1.4-5

Best run was 5.47 down 4

Most of them were in the mid fives hot or cold. I didn't try to push hard to get into the fours because I know I'm really not ready to be there yet. When I get the reloads right I will be there without rushing the shots to make up for it. My trans's were around .25-.3 and splits right around .17-.28 depending on how fast I saw the dot.

We will be shooting the Prez as a classifier Sun after next. I would like to shoot it at 6 or a bit under and clean. That is very doable for me. I don't know what that would be in Open,,, perhaps an A. I will work on my reloads every night I'm not at the range until we shoot it.

JT

Edited by JThompson

We will be shooting the Prez as a classifier Sun after next. I would like to shoot it at 6 or a bit under and clean. That is very doable for me. I don't know what that would be in Open,,, perhaps an A.

83% for 6 clean. HHF appears to be roughly 12 (5 seconds, clean).

I see Dirty is showing off his Masters degree in the OBVIOUS today. :rolleyes:

Actually as of May, that's a Grandmaster's :rolleyes: degree from the Department of the Obvious, but I digress...

I only mention it because the match of "60 in 5" makes the 12hf they were talking about, but normally I'd call anything sans penalties "clean". When we make out BBQ bets at locals, "clean" is sans penalties and no deltas, hell sometimes we make it no extra shots. There's more than one clean.

I see you're at the keyboard, I hope that means you're back safe from the de-stoning. :cheers:

We will be shooting the Prez as a classifier Sun after next. I would like to shoot it at 6 or a bit under and clean. That is very doable for me. I don't know what that would be in Open,,, perhaps an A.

83% for 6 clean. HHF appears to be roughly 12 (5 seconds, clean).

Thanks Dave. ;)

I see Dirty is showing off his Masters degree in the OBVIOUS today. :rolleyes:

Actually as of May, that's a Grandmaster's :rolleyes: degree from the Department of the Obvious, but I digress...

I only mention it because the match of "60 in 5" makes the 12hf they were talking about, but normally I'd call anything sans penalties "clean". When we make out BBQ bets at locals, "clean" is sans penalties and no deltas, hell sometimes we make it no extra shots. There's more than one clean.

I see you're at the keyboard, I hope that means you're back safe from the de-stoning. :cheers:

My thinking on clean is all Alphas. ;) There he goes clouding the water... damned GM's always make things complicated. :blink:

Edit: Ball breakage for GM's was my minor. :) Where is that f-kn Cheely anyway...? I haven't had a chance to swing on him in some time. :P

Edited by JThompson

Nope, headed to the hospital in 3 minutes :( Just getting my last barbs/shots in before I leave :D

I hope things go well for ya Z.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I worked a bit on this tonight having it coming up on Sun. I tried to stay around the 5.5 to 6 range and get good hits. I did so so until I decided to quit trying to force it and just went for it. The best run was 4.88 down 5. That is the best run I have done in that it was very consistent. Draw was like 1.3 all splits were .15-.17 and trans were all exactly .3 with my dog of a reload at 1.32.

Now if I could do that every time I would be happy. ;)

Edited by JThompson