Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hennings customer service

us_shooter

You know we all hear about customer problems, but seldom about what great service someone provides to the customer. I have made several purchases from Henning over the past couple of months, and could not be happier with the product or the speed in shipping. Not only has he been on top of things business wise, but would also answer all of my emails about Tanfoglio products within hours. He really seems to know the Witness line pretty well.

On a side note, the bullets that he carries are definitely worth looking into. They shoot as well as XTP's in my gun.

You know we all hear about customer problems, but seldom about what great service someone provides to the customer. I have made several purchases from Henning over the past couple of months, and could not be happier with the product or the speed in shipping. Not only has he been on top of things business wise, but would also answer all of my emails about Tanfoglio products within hours. He really seems to know the Witness line pretty well.

+1 on the great customer service.

When I start running low on bullets I will be checking out Henning's offerings.

Thanks, I appreciate the positive feedback.

I've been working hard on getting everybody what they order right away and building up my business to serve everyone who loves these great guns. More stuff is added constantly, today I put C-More Slide Ride red dot scopes on my site. It's more and more becoming a one-stop shop for EAA / Tanfoglio owners and wanna be owners.

Working on my shop and remodeling my new house is probably why I sucked so bad at Nationals. It was a scramble to get everything together the week before the match, sighting in, loading up and chrono (which was perfect here in CO and bit me in MT... you already know I'm sure...)

I've put my open gun away for the summer to focus on Limited / Standard. Planning on going to the range twice a week to practice for the next three months to be ready for Lim Nats and the Europeans. Europeans is in France and we start shooting on the 17th (we stop shooting Lim Nats on the 12th). It's a ridiculous schedule, but I'm flying to Norway 7am from Tulsa day after Limited's, arriving in Norway on Friday 14th in the morning. Jumping in a car with my buddy Sander in Oslo and then we're driving for the next two days to Southern France. Hopefully we'll be functional enough to register on Sunday and start shooting on Monday...

I love it though and should be tons of fun. Plus we'll get to drive up and see the beautiful French country side after the match. It's all about the experience..

btw. happy to be back !

;-)

• 5 years later...

I have ordered several times from Henning's in the past and have had great experiences until recently. In October I ordered a set of the H-151 grips and was told they were out of stock. I said that was fine if I would have them by the end of the year and was assured that I would. Since it wasn't shooting season yet I didnt give much thought to it until the end of January. I called to check on the order and was told that they should be in stock within the week. At that point I also ordered three of the h141 mag pads. Two days later I got a call saying that the mag pads were out of stock and should be in in about a week. That happened about 2 months ago. Since then I have sent several emails and called and left a number of messages with no response.

I have never complained about service before, and I only do it now because I see that the original post on this thread received a response from Hennings and I would be satisfied to find a way to get in touch with him to cancel the order, since it has been 6 months since it was placed.

Hey tanarx,

Sorry about all that. I'm out of town, but back in the office next week and will take care of it. We have a new style of grips that I have been waiting for and I is looking good. The H141 is in stock and it's the new style that doesn't require any tools. Will you drop me an email ? henning@henningshop.com

II placed an order for 3 of the H141 base pads (in red, of course!) on 7 Feb and Henning said that it was going to be a few weeks to get the pads anodized. Last week I emailed to check status and got a prompt replay that they would be going out soon, with apologies. Got them today and they look awesome. I understand that stuff happens and making low production parts can have it's pitfalls, and it can be frustrating waiting. But, Henning has been straight up and answered promptly when I've emailed or called. I only wish there were more Tanfo parts, like barrels, available from sources besides EAA.

Did I mention the red base pads look awesome? :cheers:

These forums a great; us regular guys can rub elbows with the giants in the sport.

True. Go to a match in Piru or Phoenix and you get to shoot with them, too!

Henning does some great stuff, He has always helped me out with my Tanfo.

I emailed Henning as he suggested. He responded saying he would get in touch with me last week. Its been about two weeks and I still haven't heard anything. I have emailed several more times and called a few times with no response. Its starting to look like he's avoiding talking with me. Getting pretty frustrated.

It's upsetting to hear, but unfortunately your not alone. There is a growing number of people now, that are very frustrated with him not returning phone calls or e-mails, even after they were able to talk with him the first time. And we completely understand that he is crazy busy and swamped and everything, and so are the rest of us also, but we still treat people with a common courtesy. Brian Enos is a 1 man operation, and I have never heard of him not returning an e-mail to someone who has a question. I own a business also, and I have never not returned an e-mail or a phone call within a day or two at most, because my reputation is important to me.

I know you can't please everyone, that's impossible, but even if you really don't want to talk to someone, you are still running a business, and in my opinion you need to return those calls and e-mails. At least let them know what the situation is. Maybe you offer the parts on your web site but they are out of stock or no longer available, until they know that , they are trying to purchase parts from you, and until you inform them, they are getting frustrated because they don't know what's going on. People for the most part are very understanding when they are given an explanation to their situation.

If you do not have the employees to answer all the calls and e-mails, than you need to put that on your web site, something simple like, we deeply regret that do to the high volume of whatever, we currently are unable to take anymore orders, or we may need a few weeks to return any e-mails, anything like that and people will get the picture.

Also if your going out of town for several weeks, you need to inform your customers by simply putting that on your answering machine, or updating your web site with your schedule so that people aren't calling and leaving e-mails every day, wondering if the company went out of business.

There are alot of people that have had a great experience working with him, and they highly recommend him to others, I use to be one of those people. But the first time customer doesn't have that experience yet, and they are frustrated along with a growing number of long time clientele, that have purchased stuff from him in the past, but now they can't even get him to return their calls or e-mails, even after weeks and months of trying. At what point do they say it's enough already and move on ? And if they feel that he is ignoring them, and not willing to help them out, they will go somewhere else. And there is always somewhere else, it doesn't matter what the product is or how few there might be of it. They will find it, or if they have to, they will find a way to replicate it themselves.

Worse yet, they start to tell others of the bad experience they had trying to work with him. He has spent alot of years building his business and reputation, and I do not want to see him having to deal with this growing group of frustrated people.

If you are fortunate enough to speak with him personally, your conversation will be most enjoyable, because he is absolutely one of the nicest, most helpful and gracious people in the shooting community. For me in the past, it was always a joy and a pleasure to talk with him.

I hope that someone close to him, will be able to somehow help him get the customer service part of his company, back the way it was a few years ago. Because he really is one of the great people in this industry.

I wish him all the best.

I just received my mag extensions today and they look great, the fit is excellent, they feed perfectly, and accepted 23 rounds of 9mm immediately without settling.

I will definitely do business with Henning again and I'm satisfied with product despite the wait.

I ordered a holster on March 15 and have heard nothing since. I understand that things get back ordered but after several e-mails and left phone messages I have not had an answer. I would like to order several hundred dollars worth of his product but cannot see doing that until this matter is resolved. Let me say that I have had good luck with Henning in the past and would hate to stop dealing with him.

I read in a post he made the other day about AR-15 parts that they have been and are " in the process of moving our business" so this would explain the lack of response lately. I agree, communication needs to be maintained somehow and I am sure he is not happy with everyone's recent experience lately. We all get 168 hours every week, his problem is he needs double that. :goof:

• 4 weeks later...

Am pretty much the only Tanfoglio shooter in any of the local USPSA/SC clubs and take a lot of heat over that even though I finish most matches near or at the top. I have an LTD 40 and a LTD 38 Supercomp set up for open and both guns are a joy to use. Many fellow shooters looked at Tanfoglio (which they continue to call "Witnesses" and I hate that given the silliness of that particular importer, but stuck with the 2011 platform due to reliable parts supply, etc. I really didn't understand their concern as I considered Henning's an excellent source of magazines and everything tanfoglio and really prefer the guns. However... all that is changing. I can't get emails, phone calls or texts or even FB messages returned, I'm concerned that his office help is history (Lori was good) and now we're stuck with Paypal???? Seriously? Just placed an order using that spooky system and we'll see what happens. I hope I'm proven wrong, but poor communication IS a primary predictor of imminent business failure. I hope I'm wrong because I have had several good telephone conversations with Henning but that was some time ago. Like another posted, travel or being out of the country or really busy, etc is no excuse. Sorry but that's just the truth.

5/20: Henning's new employee, Jeremiah, called just now to clarify my order and seemed very professional. I'd forgotten that there are two follower lengths since the K40 mags burst on the scene and he wanted to be sure I got the right ones. I also heard Henning say "Hi" in the background so of course now I feel like a crank. Sigh. I guess all is well in Tanfo-Land after all and I can relax.

Thanks!

Edited by Blake Keiser