Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 .22 Conversion Unit?

Duane Thomas

I've done a search and can't find the answer to this question: is there such a thing as a .22 conversion unit for a Glock 34? Yes, I know the G17 and G34 use the same frame, so a G17 conversion unit will fit; I mean a Glock 34 length .22 conversion unit. If so, who makes it? If there's more than one maker out there, which is best?

Does anybody besides AA make glock .22 conversions?

Just speculating, but mebbe a competition length .22 slide is too heavy to cycle reliably, even if machined from aluminum? I suppose if there were enough demand, AA might make up a version similar to their 1911 target model with a fixed slide and blow back bolt.

Edited by kevin c

Does anybody besides AA make glock .22 conversions?

Ceiner makes one too, but reports are that it is crappy. I've never seen there version...the negative reports were strong enough to keep me away.

Advantage Arms takes good care of people.

DT...a long slide version...???

Just looking for the extra sight radius, Duane? TI'd guess the balance in your hand might be close, but the gun would still be pretty light.

Mebbe drop AA a line and see if they've ever considered a long slide?

I have a Ciener conversion for a G19--it works well and it's very accurate. Like any .22 auto pistol, it must be surgically clean and it wants high powered ammunition. When those things are tended to, it's an excellent little gun. I have heard horror stories about their customer service, but I've not experienced that.

You should be aware that the weight, balance and feel of the gun is completely different with a 22 conversion installed. It will be immediately clear to you when you draw it that you're not in Kansas anymore. In terms of using one for USPSA practice they will be less than desirable (IMHO)

I do not know of anyone making a longer version of the G17 conversion, and I've looked. You can get the G26/27, the 19/23, and the 17/22 from Ciener (22lrconversions.com).

HK Dan

I've got the Ciener for my 1911 and love it. I especially love the 7 15 round mags that I have to go with it. They also make 15 rounders for the Glock conversions but I don't have one of those yet. As previously mentioned they do have to be fairly clean to run well but otherwise my 1911 setup has been accurate and very reliable.

-ld

i've had a ciener now for few years. early on i had miss fires ever 50 rounds or so, but it feed and ejected great. over time it got better and better, now i go hundreds of rounds no problems. it was a great deal in the long run.

I've had an AA conversion for the G17 for a couple years. It's worked well and fun to shoot. Great for kids.

It also takes any aftermarket sights, so you can get the same sight picture.

The only issue I had was with ammo. Some cheap Rem thunderbolts leaded the barrel terribly. Use decent ammo.