Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Am I a sick individual for reading this headline and

Yes, he is very fortunate!

As in he should go buy a lottery ticket fortunate.

Now, if it had turned out very bad, NO.. NO!! I wouldn't be posting it here or anywhere else for that matter.

And ExtremeShot thinks I'm a sick person... what was that link to Coco's website again?

Talk about a junk in the trunk bootie!

:surprise:

LOL!

Just what kind of bearings are they putting in these wheelchairs anyway?

Are the wheels Z rated?

I'm a week behind? Like somebody already posted this here? I thought I did a search for "wheelchair" and nothing came up. If it is a duplicate post, please pardon my Murray/jib-jab.

I drive trucks for a living, and let me tell ya, that story just gave me the chills when it happened.... Many folks really have no clue how little you can actually see in front ( and especially next to the hood in the front) of the truck you're driving. I got tagged in Boston the other day by a chucklehead that thought he could beat the line of traffic to the light. I was lead in the line....too bad he was so busy watching me and passing me from behind that he didn't see the two parked cars in front of him. Cut into me to avoid hitting them (good thing too- the drivers were standing between the cars). The only reason he wasn't pushed into them by my truck was that I saw a FLASH of sun reflecting off his roof in my mirror and I decked the brakes. His little Hyundai wasn't visible in my mirrors at all (until he drove into my tire and was tossed vertically into my line of sight....

Score: Truck, 1 (no damage at all); Hyundai Elantra, 0 ( lug nuts tore the he77 out of his door when he hit me....)

I think all parents should take their kids to a local truck stop or truck driving school when they are getting ready for their first license. I'm sure all the truckers would be happy to show them what NOT to do around us ;).

The best part was that he was OK, the second best part was that he seemed (during the interviews I saw/ heard) to enjoy the ride.

Pedestrians disappear especially well under the nose- why do you think school buses have the "wing" on the front bumper?

One lucky dude....

• 3 weeks later...

It's easy to look at someone in a wheelchair and feel worry for them, but I have to wonder what that guy did to himself to end up in that wheelchair in the first place. I'm guessing he has a long list of bad decisions! The wheelchair is probably the only thing keeping him alive.

It's easy to look at someone in a wheelchair and feel worry for them, but I have to wonder what that guy did to himself to end up in that wheelchair in the first place.

He has muscular dystrophy.

hey RobMoore,

I think that was kind of a tongue-in-cheek smart a$$ey comment from CSEMARTIN about something I wrote in another thread either on this forum or another forum.

I think.

I could be wrong though.

It was about some co-workers I worked w/ years ago. One guy said he saw this one legged man hopping down the shoulder of the interstate trying to hitch a ride.

Then another co-worker piped up w/ "Well, did ya give him a ride?"

"Nope"

Then another guy said "Ya have to wonder what kinda things in his life or what decisions he made to end up being the one legged man trying to mooch rides off people on the interstate. F_ _ k him!"

Yeah, I'm glad I don't work with those guys any more. And yes it is a shame that the boy in the wheelchair has MD. He is still lucky to have lived through that tractor trailer incident.