Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

the first photo has been photo shopped, they took the pig out of the photo and shrank the photo and reinserted the pig, that is why it looks so large.

I grew up on a Hog farm, we raised about 55,000 head a year, and I have seen old boars that weighed in around 1000 pounds, they we grossly overfed and didn't hardly move. I have never heard of a feral hog that is that large but you never know.

What-on-earth kind of LEGS would support all that mass and have the animal be able to elude the kid for three hours...???!!! I dunno. Jeez. Gross. :ph34r::wacko:

(The news media really ran this story into the ground at the time.)

For those that did not catch it on CNN a couple of days ago, they are going to make a horror movie about hogzilla and this boy and another that shot a similar hog are going to make their acting debut in it. No joke, you can't make this kind of stuff up you know.

Well here's the true story of the original Hogzilla, Was a TV news show about it sorta like Myth busters. Turns out Pig had been getting a steady diet of hormone laced catfish food from a haphazardly managed catfish farm. After all kinds of research and CSI mumbo jumbo including the skull of the pig. The news crew concluded it was all a fake as the pig was only barely over 900lbs and no more than 9 to 10 foot long..

Which in my mind basically confirmed it was true. There was a little exageration but it was still a really big pig.

"Curiouser and curiouser," cried Alice.

So now the question is how a pig that large got into the fenced-in "hunting preserve" to begin with.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/05/30/...Monster-Pig.php

Seems a good question -- 150 acres isn't that large an area. I'm starting to think this whole story stinks. I'll bet they transported some freakishly large pig in, for the kid to whack, in the contained area. And 8 shots and 3 hours isn't a particularly humane or sporting kill.

Finally, after getting this enormous creature, why not get some state wildlife officer in to certify the size?

Edited to add: latest AP news report says the investigation revealed nothing illegal. Guess the hog just grew inside the preserve. I'd still be suspicious of its diet. Family Stone might want to think twice, before frying that sausage. :)

Edited by boo radley

I have seen tons of pics of hunters and trophy animals....taken to make the animal look bigger.

No big deal.

It is a very large pig :blink:

I read the comments on the web page....the negitive ones were hideous And I think the people that posted them would say the same kinds of things about US.

We can all accept a differing opinion, but would not ever be so evil or hatefull .

It makes me sick to know such people are among us.

Jim

eerw, even though there are forum guidelines about publishing gory dead animal pix, I think--in this case--that the PICTURE is the core issue. Not showing the photo may leave some readers in the dark. I'm not suggesting you re-instate it (because Flex and Brian might beat me senseless), but in this case the photo IS the issue.

I still think it's bogus, BTW.

The pig probably got into the preserve by truck. It was purchased from the original owner (who confirmed it at 1000 lbs) who was getting out of the business. Apparently he had no idea what it was purchased for until he saw the photo in the paper. Exactly who purchased it is still unclear. My guess would of course be the dad.

I can't agree more that 8 shots and 3 hours doesn't approach humane. I'd have hidden in shame for such an "accomplishment".