Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio Stock II?

Nemo

Nemo,

As far as I know, not yet. I'm very excited myself and I have received lots of emails requesting this gun so I hope we will see it soon. That part is all up to EAA.

I was part of deciding how this gun was to be built and accepted by IPSC so I hope to get one myself soon too ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Nemo,

As far as I know, not yet. I'm very excited myself and I have received lots of emails requesting this gun so I hope we will see it soon. That part is all up to EAA.

I was part of deciding how this gun was to be built and accepted by IPSC so I hope to get one myself soon too ;-)

Have you heard any info about arrivals to your shores of this pistol?

I haven't. We're waiting for 3 new models that was introduced this year:

Witness Hunter Pro - 6" slide/barrel w/ long dustcover in 10mm and 45acp. This one is very cool.

Witness Limited Pro - Short dustcover version of the Limited w/o magwell

Witness Pro Gold Team - the new 2007 model of the Gold Team; 0.400" shorter slide, 2 port comp and V12 hybrid.

Tanfoglio have two more models besides these and I don't know when they will show up:

Tanfoglio Stock II

Tanfoglio Limited Custom

Guys,

I dunno if this can be of any help, but saturday (at a league match) I spoke with Piero Guerini, Tanfoglio marketing manager and a good friend of mine, who informed me these guns will be available here in Italy starting later this month, so I guess shortly after shipping abroad might start.

Luca,

That's good news, thanks for letting us know. Also give my regards to Mr. Guerini when you see him next. I might even start shooting production when the Stock II shows up. It'll be so close to shooting my limited gun it's scary ;)

Luca,

That's good news, thanks for letting us know.

Yesterday I spoke to Piero over the phone, 'cause I needed a rear adj. sight, and I told him about the excitement this gun was causing abroad, especially on your side of the pond; he told me he knew that, and for this they were going to be ready (hopefully) to ship by the second half of this month.

Yeah Henning, it's a darn nice gun to shoot in PD, and after EHC 2007 I'm gonna buy one and try it for next year local league.

I'll be sending him your regards, surely appreciated. :)

Edited by Skywalker

Luca,

Will I see you in Cheval Blanc in September? I'll be there with my Norwegian buddies. As soon as the US Limited Nationals is over I'm coming over (the matches are 3-4 days apart)

I hope these come into the country soon. In the pictures it looks like there is a trigger overtravel stop already installed. I'ld have to get a new holster though with the longer dustcover. Do you think holster companies bribe pistol companies to do this?

As far as I know Rich has a few beautiful CC Custom-Built "Match 40" guns and some Custom-Built "Limited 40" guns available. Rich pays attention to detail and I don't think you can go wrong with what he whips up. I can't imagine he has a Stock II. Nobody in this country has seen them yet. Still they have to come through EAA first... and I don't think they're even available in Italy yet? You could technically build one that looks like it from a Limited 9mm, but it wouldn't be Production legal...

The difference as far as I understand it between the Limited and the Stock II is:

0.400" shorter frame/slide

Double Action vs Single Action

No Magazine well on Stock II

Wood grips on Stock II, though Limited spec according to EAA is wood grips (some has come from Italy w/ alu grips but this is not according to EAA spec / order & pricing )

Stock II doesn't have any scope mount screw holes (very pretty...)

I'd tell ya, when the Stock II comes in, it'll be a big seller !