Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need honest opinion

GentlemanJim

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim,

Try changing the grips for silver colored Alumagrips. That would give it a completely different look. I'm with Mrs. Burns here, the white grips don't go well with the combination.

Bottomline: IT IS YOUR RIFLE & YOU LIKE IT. WHAT DO YOU CARE WHAT WE THINK?

Thanks for all the input.

I have to agree the grips are out of place...I only used them because it was the only place on the rifle to put the flag I so revere.

Dan is correct, I am a hotrodder, polished aluminum and chrome are in my blood.

I do value the opinions of my peers, or I would not have asked...They may or may not influence my final decision...but I do care what others think.

Most folks are happy to own a car that is identical to hundreds of thousands of other peoples cars.

With just the limited exposure to my posts on this forum..I bet you could pick my car out of a field of ten thousand.

What ever I decide on my AR...at some match, in a rack of rifles you will know which one is mine :lol:

Thanks again!

Jim :D

"I can always cut it up with the bandsaw and claim it never happened."
Has that happened yet...? ;)

I think you ought to continue bling-ing it out more and enter it into a contest... seriously. Or just carry it around to the places where you shoot and create tales of heroism and history about how it got that way. Be creative. I know you can.

Jim, I really think with the right color powdercoat or anodizing over that it will look really cool. Like the old candy color over engine turned valve covers or something like that...

This crowd is no different from the Hot Rod crowd...everyone has an opinion and they're all different.

A Hot Rod has been customized by the owner to display their craft and what appeals to them.

I'll never forget a trip to Washington State for a National car show event where I had seen a 1955 Chevy Belair that was painted Bubblegum Pink. I myself did not like the color at all. It was icky! During the show we met some nice people at a vendors table and got into a conversation about Belairs as I had a '57 painted turquoise...it's beautiful. I expressed my opinion to them about the icky Bubblegum Pink '55 and how looked like s***. You can imagine how embarrassed I was when they said that was their car. Oops... :huh:

I know Jim appreciated your comments and he's been obsessing over the lower receiver for days. (been drivng me nuts!) I think he finally has it the way he wants it. I'll get him to post another picture today.

~Nanci~

This is my final attempt..striped to bare metal,polished,re jeweled.

It may have color annodizing or blue pearl and clear coat in its future

Now its on to building an upper and decisions on what stock to use

Thanks to all who posted. :D

Jim

PICT0026resize.jpg

Jim,

The end result is a far cry from the original photos. It looks much better with everything polished and jeweled. A color over it will result in a striking AR. I like it better without the 1911 style pistol grip too.

Edited by Dan Sierpina

This is my final attempt..striped to bare metal,polished,re jeweled.

It may have color annodizing or blue pearl and clear coat in its future

Now its on to building an upper and decisions on what stock to use

Thanks to all who posted. :D

Jim

PICT0026resize.jpg

Now you've got it! ;)

THAT looks great!!!

I don't know if I would put color over it or not now, it looks awfully nice just the way it is. But, I do want a red, white and blue AR. At any rate, that lower looks great now, and it is one of a kind, just the way I like them to be!!

Nice!!!!!

This reminds me of a friends baja bug years ago, he had the guys paint it with a root beer brown Imron paint. The guys that painted it did not like how it turned out and offered to repaint it and then only charged him half price. This is back when the Imron paints came out. He took the bug the way it was bingo it made the cover of a VW magazine.

Alan

That's right purty.... Red, white and blue pearl with clear coating on the stock and grip - mix and mist then clear coat the receiver and a carbon fiber tube with the same colors as the stock done in skateboard tape. :)