Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Revolver-Help Needed!

Has anyone tried the OKO dot sight? Does it have a glass or plastic lens? Looks nice, more compact/lower than the C-More. Just wondering. Tom

I spoke with a shooter at the IRC that uses one and he seemed to like it quite a bit. I believe it was a Randy Lee done 627. It may not be quite as durable as the C-More.

Edited by rwmagnus

Round Gun......Here is a picture of what I believe to be the lowest C more mount around.

Is it worth the effort? BTW it looks awesome. My guess is you milled down a standard mount like described above.

Oh....it's worth the effort.....come out to the IRC and I'll show you how quick it can make you.....LOL......

These are newly manufactured alloy mounts, which are made on a CNC machine. I have seen the weaver style mounts milled down, and that is always an option, however, they don't get the dot as low on the gun as mine. As per the pictures above though, some tube scopes are actually lower than a C More. The thing that I like about C Mores, is at present I still haven't broken one, and I have a box full of broken scopes.

Mark, who makes the mount?

Round Gun......Here is a picture of what I believe to be the lowest C more mount around.

Is it worth the effort? BTW it looks awesome. My guess is you milled down a standard mount like described above.

Oh....it's worth the effort.....come out to the IRC and I'll show you how quick it can make you.....LOL......

These are newly manufactured alloy mounts, which are made on a CNC machine. I have seen the weaver style mounts milled down, and that is always an option, however, they don't get the dot as low on the gun as mine. As per the pictures above though, some tube scopes are actually lower than a C More. The thing that I like about C Mores, is at present I still haven't broken one, and I have a box full of broken scopes.

Mark, who makes the mount?

Hi John, They are mine.....

• 2 months later...
Update: Shot a local match Sunday in open division with my 627. Didn't come in last but it was close :) For my first try, I was happy. Now I need to practice finding the damn dot and counting past 6.

Hi RGS, did you shoot minor or major with that open revo ?

I think it's been posted, but only time will get you used to the dot,

come on up to our ICORE match Sept. 30th to try it out some more :)

I know 4 shooters that have had their OKOs crap out at matches......STI is importing them....sometimes they let you buy a spare......After seeing the problems with the OKOs I am staying with my CMores.......proven track record and not that much more money.......FWIW my humble opinion..... ;):lol:

DougC

Update: Shot a local match Sunday in open division with my 627. Didn't come in last but it was close :) For my first try, I was happy. Now I need to practice finding the damn dot and counting past 6.

I shot Major in 38spl brass 158gr Berry double struck with 5.5gr titegroup. Not bad but it needs a little refinement.

E mail me info on the ICORE I am very interested (where and what time) but I will shoot iron sights for that unless I can do 2 guns.

See you at Manville????

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter

Where is the ICORE match on Sept 30th? that sounds very interesting. My last ICORE match was last Feb. at S&W. I think there's also a steel plate match at Pinetree in RI on the 30th as well, so it may be a tough decision.

-Cuz.

RGS,

Got any pics of the finished product?

-Cuz.