Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA "postal match" is on

Jane

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our Club shot the match this weekend. We had 29 shooters and had a great time. Look forward to seeing the overall results.

Thanks to everyone that got this off the ground and running.

This is just a great ideal.

:D

Copying a post that Walt-the-scorekeeper made on IDPAforum.com

Guys... Walt is putting in a lot of volunteer time to enter all these scores. Please try to make sure the info you send him is accurate.

Well, this has been a week of fun.

I did not check the IDPA numbers as to active/inactive/correct/incorrect but took it at face value that the numbers that were being supplied were correct. Since one of the clubs had a problem I thought I had better check them. Seems we had some problems. I did find one transpostition error which I fixed but the shooter is still inactive so it is still an entry that won't get into the results if it isn't corrected.

I am going to do it by submission from this point forward which means more typing but it will save time at the end. If the submission has incorrect IDPA numbers which means inactive or the names don't match then the whole submission will be returned. MDs and Scorekeepers, this is your responsibility to make sure the submissions are correct. Sorry but it takes too much time to chase all of this down.

The status page has been updated. Good news is we are up to 220 shooters! Bad news is I've discovered about 6 or so entrants that were inactive or had a bad number. I went back and dug up the emails to make sure I didn't fat finger the entry and except for one I could not find any errors. The web page has the entrants listed, then the stats, and then the results from the IDPA web site. I can't say that they are all correct. Only that the IDPA web site didn't report them as inactive so others may be correct. MDs check them. I'll figure out a way to do it programmatically by the end of the month.

If there was an inactive number reported then the entrant's IDPA was replaced with PENDING and if it is not changed then they won't be reported in the match results. I will not go back and check it unless I receive an email from the MD that it has been updated. So if you see your IDPA number listed as inactive then you should get your membership updated and send me an email with your number and the fact that it has been renewed.

Hey, if nothing else we'll generate some renewals for IDPA.

Here is the link for the web site status report.

www.nepaidpascores.net

Check 'em and email me if there is an error. Use the webmaster link on the main page of the web site. or wn3lif@gmail.com if you want.

Walt - A11215

Smile when you say "Shooter Ready?"

I'll be shooting this Saturday.

It'll be the first IDPA match that I've been able to make it to this year. I think I'll shoot the 2.5" 686 in SSR. And yes, my .38's make power factor. ;)

:unsure: Rain, rain, go AWAY. :sick:

We're scheduled to shoot the postal match stages this Saturday, but sunny Central Texas has been anything but recently.

Still, we have a great track record for not having our pistol matches rained out.

Bags on the targets and scorekeepers under umbrellas if we must, but it's gonna happen! :excl:

We're scheduled to shoot the postal match stages this Saturday, but sunny Central Texas has been anything but recently.

Still, we have a great track record for not having our pistol matches rained out.

Bags on the targets and scorekeepers under umbrellas if we must, but it's gonna happen! :excl:

Hate to "drift" this thread too much, but I was on a conference call with some of my coworkers from Austin area. One of them mentioned that there was a ban on river boat traffic. Why? because there were whole trees floating in the river!!!! OUch.

Back on topic ... GL with the match!

It's in the can. I'm about to send in the results. We had decent conditions for set up and great weather for the match. We were watching the storm clouds gather as we finished, but it didn't start raining until after we were all home.

It's in the can. I'm about to send in the results. We had decent conditions for set up and great weather for the match. We were watching the storm clouds gather as we finished, but it didn't start raining until after we were all home.

This may have been posted somewhere earlier, but where do I find the results for this match? We shot it a couple of weeks ago, and I was under the impression that they would be updating the scores weekly. Is this correct?

TG

This may have been posted somewhere earlier, but where do I find the results for this match? We shot it a couple of weeks ago, and I was under the impression that they would be updating the scores weekly. Is this correct?

TG

That is incorrect. Walt Jones is doing all the scoring for the match, and results will not be posted until after the conclusion of the match. You can find the average time for your division and class (as well as some other interesting info) here:

http://www.nepaidpascores.net/postal/2007-05-15status.htm

I was listed under ESP/EX. I shot CDP. How do i get this changed. when i try to contact the webmaster, i get a 404 message.

Thanks for any help.

RM

Any corrections should be sent to Walt:

wn3lif AT gmail DOT com

I was listed under ESP/EX. I shot CDP. How do i get this changed. when i try to contact the webmaster, i get a 404 message.

Thanks for any help.

RM

Any corrections should be sent to Walt:

wn3lif AT gmail DOT com

Thanks,

email sent.

Wouldya believe 549 scored to date??

But UNCLASSIFIED and/or NO IDPA NUMBER shooters just have until July 31 to get updated IDPA info to Walt or you'll be dropped from the match.

• 2 weeks later...

Now at 721 scores entered with only a few more days remaining

But UNCLASSIFIED and/or NO IDPA NUMBER shooters just have until July 31 to get updated IDPA info to Walt or you'll be dropped from the match.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Can someone post the direct link to the results of the postal match? I spent a lot of time on the postal match info page, and the link above, but only saw results for the previous years. Am I the only one that can't find it?

Can someone post the direct link to the results of the postal match? I spent a lot of time on the postal match info page, and the link above, but only saw results for the previous years. Am I the only one that can't find it?

Somehow you dug up a 2yr old thread that is why you cannot find the info you seek. 2009 postal match has it's own web site IDPA Postal Match

they are not posting the results until all the shootin is done, so you will need to wait a little while longer.