Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S.C. Considers Allowing Guns on Campuses

Jim Norman

College police chiefs across South Carolina said allowing guns on campuses would make it difficult to pinpoint a criminal. "Today, if we respond, we know the person with the weapon is the bad guy," said Ernest Ellis, the law enforcement director at the University of South Carolina.

Yeah buddy, and the ones on the floor bleeding, are the victims... Right? <_<

College police chiefs across South Carolina said allowing guns on campuses would make it difficult to pinpoint a criminal. "Today, if we respond, we know the person with the weapon is the bad guy," said Ernest Ellis, the law enforcement director at the University of South Carolina.

Sounds like South Carolina sends all their criminals to college. You have the right to remain silent, you have the right to an attorney, and you have the right to enroll in our state colleges. Do you understand your rights?

Eliminates overcrowding in the prisons.

Bill

Are you sure? Could it be that the good guy just disarmed the bad guy? Or it could be a good guy who disregarded the rule to save his own life and maybe somebody else's?

"Today, if we respond, we know the person with the weapon is the bad guy."

- Ernest Ellis, the law enforcement director at the University of South Carolina

"Tomorrow, if you respond, you know the person laying on the ground with an unfired weapon next to him and sixteen bullet holes in his chest is the bad guy."

- Sean P. Healy, NRA Election Volunteer Coordinator and firearms instructor

I'd just like to see SC get together with our State Atty. Gen. and make a reciprocal agreement with respect to carry permits. I'm sick of having to take my teeth out at the state line every time I go to see my brother.

I've lived in SC all of my life, and I can't believe we let the idiots ban guns from school grounds in the first place.

I'm still under 40 and can remember many of us having our deer rifles and shotguns in our cars in the high school parking lot. Those lucky enough to have dad's buying them handguns would sometimes carry them in their truck. Nobody ever talked about it.

When we partied on back roads at night or down on the river banks, you could be sure that someone had a gun. We would have felt stupid not to have one. These were sixteen to eighteen year-old kids. And yes, people sometimes got drunk and started fights, the loser may have been sore and wanted a rematch or reenforcements but they never shot anybody. Guns were for strange things in the night or to shoot back at criminals.

Like Jeff Cooper said in his book, character is formed around the dinner table. Parents have to raise the family, not teachers or television.

The whole GA/SC non-reciprocal CCW problem is our state's falt. We required that stupid class and won't honor state's that don't. Georgia has said that as soon as we honor theirs they will honor ours.

Apparently, its under debate in the Statehouse as I post this. Our Grassroots Organization has been very proactive in attending all of the hearings and getting word out. Right now, I understand that they are considering including language in the legistlation allowing each school to decide whether or not to allow concealed carry (like businesses are allowed to do). This would involve schools posting signs at all entrances. I think at least it would not make it illegal to have a gun in the car in a school parking lot.

Mark, actually it is our state that is being difficult on the reciprocity issue. Our state law-enforcement division does not want to recognize CWPs from states with no training or less training than is required here. They have been lobbying (yes a law enforcement agency lobbying in the statehouse) hard against reciprocity from these other states. As a matter of fact, one of the agents actually perjured himself in a House Committee meeting by saying that another state which issues CWPs without training issues to CWPs to persons under 18 (yet it is against the law for anyone under 18 to possess or buy a handgun). He was arguing that 18 year olds from that state could travel here and be able to carry a concealed weapon. Again, we are fortunate that our Grassroots representatives have been on hand to address these "concerns." It seems that maybe some legislators are starting to be reasonable and are starting to listen.

I too remember when I would go to school with a shotgun in my car (because when I could, I would go hunting after school). I remember during my senior year being called to the principle's office. I was confused walking down the hall trying to think if I had done anything that week that would warrant a visit to the principle. When I got to his office, he said, "Mr. Suber, I was walking by your car a little while ago and noticed your shotgun on the back seat. You may want to cover it up so noone will try to steal it." Gone are the good old days....,

Yeah buddy, and the ones on the floor bleeding, are the victims... Right? <_<

LMAO Nemo, Buddy that's "2 Alpha" Baby!!!

Ok, Everyone who's NOT a badguy, um like put down your weapons or something.

Ok, Yeah, this is tough. Bad guys, could you just raise you hand, and like waive a little, yeah that'd be great. <_<

Right now, I understand that they are considering including language in the legistlation allowing each school to decide whether or not to allow concealed carry (like businesses are allowed to do).

In Washington state, while it is legal for any business to post signs saying they do not allow CCW holders to carry guns in their business, if they do, they have to have a secure locker system set up for patrons to store their guns while they're in the business. Of course, doing the same thing in a school would kind of defeat the purpose, what?

What amazes me is how fair and well-balanced was this article.

Hey Jack,

If yous guys are gonna be workin' on the reciciproprocityty deal for them Georgia folk, make sure to lobby for the Puerto Ricans living in Florida.

Muchas gracias, muy agradecido...

:D

Hey Jack,

If yous guys are gonna be workin' on the reciciproprocityty deal for them Georgia folk, make sure to lobby for the Puerto Ricans living in Florida.

Muchas gracias, muy agradecido...

:D

Hermano, You just need to move here and it will be no worry. :D