Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 21 SF (Short Frame)

gator

Looking for comments on the New Glock 21 SF .45 ACP. What do people think about it. Likes and dislikes. I already know about the magazine issues, that the new mags work in the older guns and the old mags don't work in the new 21 SF guns. Basically is the grip reduction that big of a deal. I have good size hands and the old frame worked for me. Just want to know what other Glock shooters feel about it. Do you like it or not. Thanks.

Edited by gator

I got to play around with one the other day at the range. There is not a radical difference in the grip, although it is somewhat thinner( no where near as thin as the standard G17/22/34/etc. though). It also has an ambidextrous mag release if that's important to you.

The mag issue alone is enough to keep me away. I kind of feel that the G21SF is a solution in search of a problem. I've shot G21's and G20's for many years and they've always felt great to me, but I have large hands so the grip fits my hand well. I suppose the 21SF may have some appeal to left-handed shooters, but if you're not a south-paw I wouldn't bother with one unless you just really feel like spending some money on something other than practice ammo.

Just my $.02 worth.

I got mine and I do notice a difference in the web of my hand and trigger finger. I presently have a Glock 21 with a grip reduction I carry every day. I am sending it off to Bowie Tactical for a grip reduction and stippling. I will post picks of it now stock with Warren tactical sights and post picks when i get it back from Bowie. I would say it is between a small frame and large frame.

S. Rodriguez

The old style mags will work if you order a SF without the ambi mag release. There is a difference in the feel. Not a lot but the grip is smaller.

Now I would be interested in getting a 21SF. Then I could use my Glock 20 upper on it. Are these being made now and who carries them? Thanks.

I held it a few weeks ago and it felt nice; but didn't shoot it - it was new and in the case. I did not like the ambidexterous release though! I used to own and carry a 21 and it was pretty big in the size and grip but I liked it. This fits the hand a lot better though. I never cared for the slimline one (the slimline 36 is it?) though--- too, too thin for my tastes and likes. Not sure about the round count on the 21 sf. that would make a difference for me though when added to the mix.

SF actually stands for slim frame.

Here's pics of my G21SF and my S&W M&P45. The pic that has the mags in it show the difference in grip angle between the two pistols.

G21SFMP45001.jpg

G21SFMP45002.jpg

G21SFMP45003.jpg