Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scope Mounts

cybrosh

Aircraft aluminum? I don't know about that, but if you're building a

c-more mount extruded aluminum angle stock works.

I've made several, which are rather ugly, but my c-more's are sitting right on top like everyone elses.

Aircraft grade is 6000-series and up. 6061 is easiest to machine and the most rigid. Don't go up to 7075 as it's harder and more brittle. Not really for stuff like that anyway.

FM,

I use slide ride with a custom stainless steel mount.

Wide - EDM'd???

Wish I could use Titanium or Carbon....but it's quite expensive.

Edited by cybrosh

Wire EDM Electro Discharge Machining or some such thing.

Guy worked in a machine shop. Got a special deal no doubt. Actual cost would have been many hundreds between titanium blank, and machine time.

It might have been a copy of an aluminum mount, which would have made it a waste of titanium. :unsure:

• 1 month later...

Hey people,

Received the mount last Friday....7075 Aircraft grade aluminum. Tested the blaster today, and was very impressed with the work done. *Was made for the Docter Gen.IV red dot sight -

New Mount

Hi,

The docter was never intended to be placed on the slide. The original slide was supposed to have a docter plate on it, but I requested a C-More straight from the factory. Only afterwards, I've decided I want a docter, so I made this mount.

I haven't 'invented any new config'/design, took several other Docter sight mounts that were out there and combined them together. The most influential mount, was the RHT(Rescomp-CR Speed)piece. That's about it...

I used the Sphinx Modified mounting design as an example, which is even closer to the hybrid holes. The image is attached.

've already had gigantic issues with other C-More mounts so I took no risks - in order to fit in the box, they've had to be placed above the first hybrid hole, and if it wasn't stainless steel, it was eaten away and eventually fell apart.

As for the ejection port, my extractor is tuned to 'spit' the brass to the right side without touching the mount.

post-4488-1182886732.gif

If a Docter Red Dot sight mount is what you have in mind, you can always contact Docter USA.

I know they have a great side mount for the Docter sight. It replaces or mounts in the same holes as a regular C-More side mount or Serendipity, with either three or five 5-40 screws. It also registers/locates the sight with four hardened pins for zero re-adjustment needed when changing batteries.

How do I know? Well ... I kind of designed it and build it for them... :cheers:

Hey people,

Received the mount last Friday....7075 Aircraft grade aluminum. Tested the blaster today, and was very impressed with the work done. *Was made for the Docter Gen.IV red dot sight -

New Mount

Very nice. Who's thumb rest is that or is it also a custom job?

Just stay with the Serendipity; fewer fastners to come loose.

Not much fun am I? :lol::lol::lol:

FM

FM, I have had 2 serendipity mounts crack on me to where I had to shave the legs off and make it a slide ride. + a serendipity uses 6 holes. most single sided mounts use 5.

As for the mount I would use .030 T-5 6061 angle and I would add a blast sheild to the front. aluminum is really light and you can mill slots in it to lighten it even more, then bending in the blast sheild is easy w aluminum. I cannot see a titanium mount bending too easily. I hate mounts that cover the ejection port. never know where that case is going to launch. I love the look of the carbon/aluminum SV mount, but for $180 I'll cut my own from aluminum.