Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kentucky Multi-gun

this is a fun match. nice match hotel not too far from range, well thought out stages which makes good use of thier facitiies, nice people that run it, and last year they had a BBQ smoker truck brought in and the food was the best I've ever had at any match, I ate like twice. I'm headed back.

• 1 month later...

Mailed in the ap and looking fwd to the match again this year.

Had a great time but this time Im using the wagon to hump up and down the hill.

Funny thing is one of my favorite stages was the last one I had to shoot dog tired,, the one all the way at the bottem. Small bay all shotgun but fun. When will the stages be up on the website??

And will you have a squad list posted to verify?

I was supprised to se Burkett show up. Watched him shoot a shotgun stage,,,, smooth.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anybody have round count info? After Topton, I need to reload rifle.

Bill, as soon as I get the info I will post it here. Sages have been sent in to USPSA for their OK and as soon as they come back I'll get you the count.

Chris

As Chris said, Stages have been sent in for approval. The same food is going to be there again this year. We are trying to work out having two transport trailers to help with the hill this year. I did the best I could last year, but we seemed to have outgrown our abilities. That is a good thing though. Notice on the website that the match hotel is not the one close to the range this year because they were bought out at the end of last year and would not give us a good enough deal to use them. The new hotels are listed on the website which puts you in Owensboro, but also gives you more options for food and drink. Good luck to everyone and hope to see you there.

Im staying at the Fairfield same as last year. Nice room. Booked on Travelocity for $89. Dennys right in front and a LoneStar accross the street. About 30 minutes from the range.

Stages are posted at orpci.com website. Looks to be a great match.

Round count:

Shotgun: 32 birdshot, 4 slugs

Pistol: 72 rounds

Rifle: 84 rounds

Just a reminder, if you want a T-shirt you must have your entry in no later that 05 Aug 07. I personally think that the stage designs are way better than last year and last years match was great. Range members have spent alot of time in the past month building new props and painting. Paint designs are pretty cool. Just like the past two years if you miss this one you missed a good one. See you all at the range.

Chris Conley

ps

Good prep match for Multigun Nats a month later

Edited by Chris Conley

If I remember correctly, the range with the slugs is only about 50 or 60 yards deep so Chris' suggestion should be about right. If I read the stage description correctly, I think there are 2 hits required on the slug targets.

If I remember correctly, the range with the slugs is only about 50 or 60 yards deep so Chris' suggestion should be about right. If I read the stage description correctly, I think there are 2 hits required on the slug targets.

One hit each. Range distance should be about right. With slugs, always prepare for the worst. At Redbrush, IN today we shot slugs at around 55-60 yards. Used to shooting 100-150 ydrs. with irons deer hunting. Big advantage on that stage knowing where they hit.

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

• 4 weeks later...
Get your act together. 10 days out and accuweather says its gonna cool off to the low 80's. Break out the winter gear.

"Get your act together" ?? That would change my entire plan! Zookeeper and I are working on the beverage and chow plan. I've got to wash the Gator and figure out which bottom feeder to shoot!

Looking forward to seeing you.

Dave