Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Commercial Remanufacturers Of 223

Sestock

MiWall stuff seems to work good.

When we chroned it was a little slow though.

If I remember right it was running about 2,750 in an 18" - that's getting a little close.

Personaly I like to see 55s at 3,000 - 3,100

Might make sure you check the power factor with your rifle, before you buy too much.

MiWall stuff seems to work good.

When we chroned it was a little slow though.

If I remember right it was running about 2,750 in an 18" - that's getting a little close.

Personaly I like to see 55s at 3,000 - 3,100

Might make sure you check the power factor with your rifle, before you buy too much.

Yeah there stuff is usually close on Chrono, I only use it for hoser stuff and practice as well. Any distance stuff I pull out the 69 gr. Speaking of heavier .223, I was talking with an inside source at Montana Gold and they are getting ready to start makin .223 (bullets only of course). Should be interesting. not sure what wieghts yet though.

Edited by jbullgpd

Dallas Reloader Supply makes several good rounds from 55s to 68s in either SP or BTHP to FMJs.

Locally, you see a bunch of ammo stores selling it as theirs but you can tell the difference.

I particularly like his load with the Hornady 68 BTHP that has a canallure and a crimp for ARs. He will sell just the projectiles but I bought some loaded 68 BTHPS for $280/M (new brass) and even though they're a little slow I prefer them over the much more expensive factory stuff like the Federal Gold Medal 69s.

Wolf was suppossed to have the Prvi Partizan 75 BTHPs cheap but I guess that didn't work out.

I shoot 68s, 69s, or 75s past 100 yards for the winds here in TX.

If I ever start loading .223 again it will be the Hornady 68s and Varget...

Dallas Reloads speed varies quite a bit. If you like speed some of theirs is fast. Last 1K of 55gr FMJ ran 3350 through an Oehler 35P. Pretty hot stuff. Mine didn't blow primers but heard from other shooters that had problems.

** Need to edit that last. Mine did blow ONE primer that locked up the trigger on my SBR. Easy enough to pull the trigger pins and clean out but I put a DPMS "rug" in the bottom of the lower to keep that from happening again. **

Edited by MyBoyElroy