Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is Sometheing Up With Matt Burkett?

Overkill

Maybe XRe knows. I heard XRe has a special communicator built into his Matt Burkett Techwear shirt that allows him to talk to Matt at all times. Pretty neat , huh?

Edited by GeneralChang

I was able to get on Matt's site on Friday and there was a small blurb that with all of his work on the range (ranch) he had,t had time to do a podcast. He said he would try to get to one this week but wasn't sure.

I hope he can get one soon. I sure enjoy listening to them as I drive to work

Calling him would be too stalker'ish for me.

MB: Hello. This Is Matt.

Overkill: Hey, Matt. I was just calling to see if you're all right. Is everything ok? I've been worried about you.

MB: WhoTF is is this?

Overkill: Oh, you dont know me. But I hadn't heard from you in a while and I got worried and thought I'd call to check in.

MB: WTH....Taryn, Is this you? Knock this **** off. I was just fixing to get my groove thang on, but then you called and she ran off. Now I have to go catch her again.

I just thought it was strange he hadn't posted or put out a pod cast in a while and that his web sites weren't up. Just wanted to make sure he hadn't gone broke or shot himself in the foot or something.

Hi everyone,

I saw Matt last Wednesday (He comes into where I work in Scottsdale every week or two) I only said hi to hime and made small talk for a minute, but he is alive as of last Wednesday :-)

Maybe XRe knows. I heard XRe has a special communicator built into his Matt Burkett Techwear shirt that allows him to talk to Matt at all times. Pretty neat , huh?

Ok that not cool giving away the secret , but very funny

That! -Used -To Be- a good song :unsure:

Ok that not cool giving away the secret , but very funny

That! -Used -To Be- a good song :unsure:

OMG! It was a good song. Is DH trying to sing it, or is he trying to do an Elvis impersonation? Neither are very good.

• 3 weeks later...

You know, he has an email address and a phone number ;)

Matt is excessively busy getting things together for Predator Ranch, attending to industry related business, and getting things together for the Ironman, amongst other stuff. I'm sure the podcast rates as one of the less immediate concerns, right now ;)

I've called Matt a couple of times from Afghanistan and have had no problems getting a hold of him. My bet is that he's just slammed getting the ranch up and running and teaching. That pays the bills. Matches don't really do that too well. ;)

That said, give him some time to get stuff done and I'm sure that the show will be back up and running.

Rich

I've called Matt a couple of times from Afghanistan and have had no problems getting a hold of him. My bet is that he's just slammed getting the ranch up and running and teaching. That pays the bills. Matches don't really do that too well. ;)

That said, give him some time to get stuff done and I'm sure that the show will be back up and running.

Rich

+1. He's a busy cat.

Matt is excessively busy getting things together for Predator Ranch, attending to industry related business, and getting things together for the Ironman, amongst other stuff. I'm sure the podcast rates as one of the less immediate concerns, right now

2nd that hes a real busy man at the moment

I talked with Matt VERY briefly in person (class/demo) in Nevada this past week.

Yes, busy.

He IS giving a class in Ohio, June 29-30, shooting a match with the class there on July 1.

If interested in some face-time with Matt, register at www.burkettvideo.com.

PM me for data on range fee for the class, and for match fee/specifics should you be interested in shooting that.

• 2 months later...

Hey Xre,

Why don't you get him to let YOU take over the podcasts? I have really enjoyed when you have been on as the 'special surprise caller'.

Let him know that some of us are getting the Dry heaves waiting for the next podcast.

And a side note about Matt for everyone.

I sent him an email about our clubs upcoming match. We are having 10 stages, 6 classifiers, a catered lunch, and door prizes from Springfield, Dillon and MATT BURKETT all for $35. Matt was kind enough to give a healthy boost to our prize table.

This is important because we have been bringing in a LOT of new shooters to the sport (over 50 this year). When I asked Matt about assisting I had hoped for any small item. He was very generous and I'm sure it will benefit several lucky new shooters. Matt really does support the little guys in the sport.

Now I am thinking about trying to put together a class at our range with him. Anyone have any tips on what this entails?

Thanks Matt.

*twitch twitch* I was lucky enough to find out about the podcasts the very week he posted the last one. I have been looking forward to new ones since then but I can totally understand how busy things can get. I will just have to keep listening to the old ones and eagerly look forward to the next ones. :)

Joe W.

Now I am thinking about trying to put together a class at our range with him. Anyone have any tips on what this entails?

We did that here (NE Ohio) this past June.

Step 1: TALK to Matt. Contact info at www.mattburkett.com or www.burkettvideo.com. There's a direct link to the latter in the Dealer's Forums. He's VERY 'user friendly' when it comes to helping you arrange a class.

He wanted a minimum class size of ~10 people, but can accommodate up to ~16 if he brings a co-instructor.

There's a list of other requirements/preferences/things-that-will-make-it-go-better on the website, but do call Matt and just start the conversation. He's already scheduling spring classes and his schedule seems to fill up months in advance.

I'd be happy to answer questions about our experience here. Adam & I may try to get him to OH again in the next year or two, it was THAT worthwhile.

While you're at it, you can ask about the podcasts. I'm sure that's on his 'to do' list somewhere ....