Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Uspsa Area 6 3 Gun Championships Nov 1-4

Yeah, Charles,

Slugs on the target holders are kind of rough, And yes i have an orange tractor, and i dont practice ;) i was refering to other people practicing lol .Kind of leaning on having a rifle side and a shotgun side match, something with a reload in it, Also thinking about doing them by classes or maybe a Lewis system so more people will shoot them not just the top guys, but still having a high overall. Also would like to have a ladies only side match , and maybe the team side match again. I dont know yet still open for suggestions .

Woogie

DVC

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Woogie,

How about if I bring my mini-autopoppers (that everyone just loves!) We put them at 100 yards and use them in the side match. I think we have about 5 of them. Give the shooter 6 rounds and 15 seconds and see who is up to the challenge. I like the idea of a Ladies sidematch, but we need more ladies to shoot the match. I think having a ladies team would be fun!

Cindy :ph34r:

Two texas stars at 15 yds, two stop plates, no timers just a start buzzer, one on one elimination, with the shotgun.

Hey GAPEACH - Cheryl from Tallahassee here. I'm with you - let's have a ladies side-match. Are you tactical or limited?

Two texas stars at 15 yds, two stop plates, no timers just a start buzzer, one on one elimination, with the shotgun.

Hey GAPEACH - Cheryl from Tallahassee here. I'm with you - let's have a ladies side-match. Are you tactical or limited?

Hey Cheryl and Tammy,

I am shooting Tactical, but my shotgun is Std. I was thinking of just having a ladies team shooting whatever the guys were shooting. 15 yard stars with shotguns would work. How about those mini-rifle auto-poppers too? Shoot the rifle poppers then clear the stars or vice versa... How about a relay event like the team challenge??? :cheers:

Cindy

Hey Cheryl and Tammy,

I am shooting Tactical, but my shotgun is Std. I was thinking of just having a ladies team shooting whatever the guys were shooting. 15 yard stars with shotguns would work. How about those mini-rifle auto-poppers too? Shoot the rifle poppers then clear the stars or vice versa... How about a relay event like the team challenge??? :cheers:

Cindy

There's a definite advantage of the mini-poppers because of re-set time. Maybe big poppers instead of texas star (faster set up between shooters)? Whatever it is, I like the idea of a ladies team.

• 1 month later...

hello everyone---just to let you know that the stages have been designed and sent in for approval.i know it's over two months till the match but we are only taken 100 shooters for the match.so get your app in early. good prizes--side matches--all kind of fun.

david tapp is having a rifle match at steee city gun club in b'ham on the 9-29.and jeff cramblit is having a 3gun match at his range in huntsville on the 9-30.two good matches to get started on as some warm ups.

as soom as we get the approval on the stages we will post them.

man it's hot as the :devil: in alabama

roger cash

• 2 weeks later...

Folks. A little update. The stages have been approved by USPSA and I'll post them up soon. Thanks to Mike, Roger and Jeff for the designs.

We do still have slots available as of 09/06/07. Come join us.

Heavy metal is going to make. Even Hopalong Sambo wants a rematch with the big guns. His goal this year is to finish the match in heavy metal, not just start the match in heavy metal. We'll see. If you want to shoot in this category, hand write Heavy Metal on the application.

MHearn

Mark ,

Hold 3 slots for Brent , Lenard and me!!!

I promise I will get the papers in the mail this week , damm time is flying :surprise:

Do you still need help on Friday? I can do the same this year as last. Just let me know.

Tony Snyder

Tony

Been hoping to get this email. Look forward to seeing you guys. Send my greetings to Brent and Lenard. Happy to have you on board helping on Friday like last year.

MHearn

Mark ,

Hold 3 slots for Brent , Lenard and me!!!

I promise I will get the papers in the mail this week , damm time is flying :surprise:

Do you still need help on Friday? I can do the same this year as last. Just let me know.

Tony Snyder

Tony

Been hoping to get this email. Look forward to seeing you guys. Send my greetings to Brent and Lenard. Happy to have you on board helping on Friday like last year.

MHearn

Mark ,

Am glad to help out again. Will try to be there Thursday morning to help.

I put our entrys in the mail today. Brents , Lenards and mine are all together.

See u,

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Mark,

Great looking stages. It looks like Mike, Roger and Jeff are as devious as ever. We're going to run a practice match at TriState on the 13th of Oct for a few of the stages (as best we can). We'll do Cuffed Up (I don't think anyone down here has shot with handcuffs on), Seeing Double (can never have enough practice on mini-poppers at 100+ yds), Change Up (ole slug/birdshot management), Euro Technical (shot gun small, close plates British style) know your pattern, and Jungle Rumble (star with penalty clays in front). Here is a picture of our clay swinger: Rather than a turner, I have a weight on one are and it acts as a swinger. Should make picking up those last two plates at the bottom a real challenge.

Tom

post-5241-1190914107.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Topic drift: Good luck to all you guys at the 3 Gun Nationals this weekend. Talked to Malcolm last night and he is having a great match. He reports that Roger is having the match of his life and that Woogie almost won one of the shotgun stages. Go guys!

Back to business. The Sponsorships for the 2007 USPSA Area 6 3 Gun Match have been great. We have most of the same great folks from last year that always come through: Sabre Defence, MGM, LaRue Tactical, CMP, Springfield, Chris, Henry, Paul Ertsgaard, CED, Trijicon, Starline, Nosler, Otis, Redding, STI, and Blue Book. We have a couple of new ones SOG Knives and Tools, SafeSound's Power Scopes (neat stuff). Thanks to them all.

Please support those who support us. Visit their links, check out their products, buy their great stuff.

We do have one Division Sponsorship left ($1,000 in product, comes with 2 match slots, Listed on Sponsor page and back cover of match booklet)

And, 2 Stage Sponsorship slots ($500 in merchandise, comes with 1 slot, Listed on Sponsor page and with stage in match booklet)

We also welcome and recognize all contributors: General Sponsors: (Listed on Sponsor page and in match booklet)

To vendors, this is an excellent opportunity to showcase your products to a dedicated group of shooters who tend to be obsessed with this sport and can't help but spend money on shooting related merchandise. Hope you'll support the match and come shoot with us.

If you want to be a sponsor, please let me know.

Looking forward too seeing you all in November.

MHearn

Match Director

Edited by mhearn

it was really great to go to the nationals and shoot. no set up or worry about anything but shooting.but today we started setting up stages for the aera 6 3gun match.for the next 3 weeks we will get this match ready for you.so no set up , no anything but shooting.so get them apps in and come on and shoot.

see everyone in nov.

roger

tammy says she will be sick if you don't come :sick: