Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Excellence

Steve Anderson

I'm in an odd mood today...and too much coffee isn't helping.

But, with a precious dog asleep in my lap, a moderately broken heart, too much time on my hands and rain in the forecast, I will make the following statements:

The best guitar player alive is Junior Brown.

Nope, no discussion allowed.

The best rock and roll albums of all time are:

1. AC/DC: Back in the Black

2. Van Halen: 1984

3. Guns 'n Roses: Appetite for Destruction

Don't gimme your Rolling Stones either. They suck.

I would marry a combination of Liz Phair and Diana Krall. No prenup.

Nobody in the world is better at being me than me. Now what do i do? :)

But what's really making me smile today is this:

IMG_4573.jpg

I should clarify that it's not me or my non-existent mini-me in that photo.

It's a rest area on my journey to find the meaning of life.

Oh yeah, Jack Black, Will Ferrell and Jim Carrey are the best actors in the world.

Let's make a movie that has Jim Carrey narrating as Will Ferrell and Jack Black run through congress drunk in Tightey Whiteys! Please?

If I could just use this power for Good!

SA

Thanks for the brief glimpse into the 'Mind of the Man'. Honesty is the coolest!!!

Junior Brown rocks...

I like the bands on your top three list but I'd choose different albums;

1. AC/DC.....Highway To Hell

Really anything with Bon Scott. The Greatest Rock-N-Roll Voice EVER!!!

2.Van Halen.....OU812

Cause Sammy is Da Man...

3. GNR.....Lies

'One in a Million' is easily one of the best songs ever written...

I think I saw this in a episode on dateline nbc. It was about the meth epidemic sweeping the country, A sure sign of use was the person thought will farrel and Jack black were actually actors. Be careful with that stuff, it can distort reality.

Actually Jim,

It is more fun to find a "bad" girl and just practice trying to make kids!

Kids will change your life for sure. Amazing how they will really change your outlook and priorities. I doesn't matter how shitty of a day you had at work when you walk through the door and get attacked with hugs you forget about all the other crap.

I went through an Yngwie phase but that all stopped after I heard SRV.

I never "got" the blues thing until SRV interpreted it for me.

In my prime (insert Doc Holliday quote from Tombstone) I could summon SRV at will. (almost got an SRA sticker for my pickguard, but that's too much gay :))

Try to find justice in the fact that SRV finally got his life together in order to die in a helicopter... I think sometimes the good Lords calls you home...

I believe that's what happened to my dad...God said, "Anderson, come on home, you've suffered enough."

I'll never get over not knowing my Dad as an adult. But maybe someday I'll be half the man.

Maybe I already am.

But there's no doubt he's the reason I am driven to excel. Maybe that was the meaning of his life?

Then again, maybe God's an absentee landlord...who knows.

Zen, Karma, God?

The sun is out today and that's good enough for me.

OK, Bob Schneiders' "I'm Good Now" might be the best record ever.

Barney Bigard is the best jazz clarinetest EVER. Get the Louis Armstong/Duke Ellington record and dig it like a shovel.

Liz Phair writes songs like a dirty old man and for that I love her.

Satriani is great but doesn't move me.

The best song in the history of recorded music is the Staple Singers' "I'll take you there." End of discussion. That bass line could make make GW Bush dance like James Brown.

Prince may be the most talented musician alive, buy Harry Connick Jr is close. Put 'em on American Idol and let's find out.

I'd like to get in a bar fight once in my life. Just to see. But I want Flex there just in case I'm wrong. :)

When you find something that moves your soul, it's worth whatever it takes to keep it.

Now to paint some shoes blue and do the right thing!

SA

SA

Edited by Steve Anderson

One more thing...Terence Trent Darby made a couple of great records: TTD's Vibrator and Symphony or Damn. He went nuts at the end but most geniuses are too crazy to be understood.

I think that's my problem today. :)

Dammit, two more:

1. Diana Krall is too sexy for words. I hope Elvis Costello is in my bar fight. I wanna kick his ass.

2. You do not want to see a Christmas tree in the middle of the road when you're on the Freeway. On a motorcycle. Ever again. Yikes.

Tell me the chain of events that lands a christmas tree on I-90 in Cleveland. In April?

Hey, let's get this Christmas tree outta the house!

Ok, but what do we do with it?

Hold my beer, let's put in the truck!

Should we tie it down?

Nah, it won't go anywhere.

What if it falls out?

It won't.

You sure?

Sure I'm sure. What could go wrong?

Quit arguing and hold my damn beer!

SA

Diana Krall is too sexy for words. I hope Elvis Costello is in my bar fight. I wanna kick his ass.
+1,000,000! If you want to make this more sporting, let *me* take him on. I'm 55, so we'd be about even. :angry: