Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Leatham's L-10

oddjob

• 1 month later...

there's a new pic up on http://www.Springfield-Armory.com of Robbie with a new shirt and a 6" L10 gun.  From the little I can glean, I can see a fibre optic front and a bull barrel.  Got to be a magwell too (when I saw his old .40 skinny gun at the SSC last year he had an old Wilson or Brown on it, not an S&A).  Just observations....

Exactly like S/A sells? Common Duane you know better than that.  He's bound to have a good trigger on it and a few other extra's.  Unless he's changed his mind since the last time I talked to him about long slides the slide is lightened too.

I only know what Robbie told me: "This the same gun anyone could buy from Springfield. Actually, if you were to buy one of these from Springfield today, you'd get a much nicer gun. This is one of the first 6" Trophy Matches that Springfield ever made. I had to put an ambi safety and mag funnel on it myself." I've examined the gun, the slide is not lightened in any way.

Guest Dick W Holliday

i don't see one listed in Springfields stuff like he's shooting on the picture....i suspect theat a ride like his would have to come out of the custom shop.....Dick

Went to Turner's last night (a hunting/fishing/gun chain in SoCal) and they had a Longslide Stainless Single Stack with bull barrel and magwell. It looks exactly like the one in the picture of RL, but slightly more gray :) and without the optic front sight. It was priced around $1219, I think. Turner's sells gun at or right below retail (a CA-Safe Wilson CQB goes for $1819, for example, whereas a CQB Compact goes for $1839).

It's more than evident that Springfield doesn't keep its site updated too well.

Hey Chi,

It was the Riverside one, off the 91... forget the exit, but it's east of the 15 and the address is 10246 Indiana Ave. If you go to the back, it's on the left of their entry to behind the counter.

I think that they had two Wilson CQB Compacts in the same case (one marked as a 5-inch for $1819, one marked as a 4-inch for $1839... obviously they mussed up one tag). It shouldn't be too hard to spot.

If you end up buying it, ya gotta promise to let me shoot it once, k?