Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Magpul Ar Mags

PaulW

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a better mousetrap all the way around. A NHMTG mag is $13, bends, will eventually crack at the feedlips if left loaded, and has no warranty. The MagPul is $15, damned near indestructible, and if there's an issue, MagPul issues the recall before you have time to realize that there is an issue.

No clue on Brownell's stock since I bought mine from 44 mag. I think it's a zero risk proposition as MagPul promptly sent me 10 new tubes no money down.

Thanks Eric - that's what I wanted to know. I happen to have a $50 Brownells gift certificate :D

Is it easy to look at the mags and tell if they're the latest generation?

Date code is 0707 or better. That means the center of the date wheel is stamped 07 and the arrow points to the 7 or higher #.

And if I sound like a shill, it's because I'm totally impressed with MagPul. I had written of plastic AR mags because they were basically designed to last 30 rounds and get left in the dirt. Yeah, there have been a couple bumps in the road with the Pmag, but these mags appear to solve most all of the problems of previous generation AR mags and do it at price that's on par with high-quality aluminum.

I'll buy that for a nickel all day long.

I got some a couple of weeks ago from Brownell's and they were dated 7/07. I also picked up a couple of the ones with the round count window directly from Magpul w/same date. Excellent mags. The best in my book. Well, the HKs MAY be as good or better, as well they should for the price.

Eric is right on about the Magpul company. I think they have their head (and heart) in the right place. It will be very interesting to see the Masada rifle when it comes out. If it's as good as it promises to be it's going to take a big chunk out of the AR market. A light weight, accurate, dead reliable rifle with quick interchange barrels, fed with the best magazines on the market. Could we do any better? Well, if we could only find ammo (my Sportsman's Guide Federal AE order has been pushed back to 12/31)! Now, if Magpul were to go into ammo production.....!? :rolleyes:

They seem to be back in stock at Denny, and Bravo Company. I would guess they are available more places but they were all out untill a few days ago I think. I got 3 black with window on the way.

• 1 month later...

PMag update:

Recd a couple of PMags on Thursday and broke one on Friday - didn't even get a chance to shoot it (date code 7/07). Fell out of the rifle on to the floor (not on purpose) and cracked open at the feed lips. Very disappointing especially after reading all the good about them. Hopefully Magpul will replace the body or mag.

PMag - Side

PMag - Back

Edited by Mig

PMag update:

Recd a couple of PMags on Thursday and broke one on Friday - didn't even get a chance to shoot it (date code 7/07). Fell out of the rifle on to the floor (not on purpose) and cracked open at the feed lips. Very disappointing especially after reading all the good about them. Hopefully Magpul will replace the body or mag.

PMag - Side

PMag - Back

Mig

The problem with your mag is YOU not your mag. You shoot too fast, need to slow down so other shooters like me can kick your butt. Will I see you at West Point??? if so I sure hope you use that cracked mag.