Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooter

zhunter

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went yesterday.

Plot was pretty faithful to the book thru about 2/3 of the movie, except for the fact that he's a vet of a more recent conflict, not the Vietnam war.

They got most of the gun details pretty right, and overall it was a pretty good flick.

I'd recommend it!

Bruce

I like Mark Wahlberg as an actor, but I have to admit I'm having a hard time seeing him as Bob the Nailer. But then, who the hell really could play that role? No one occurs to me.

A younger James Woods possibly?

it is a hard/difficult roll to fill.

True. I'd say that Bob Lee Swagger's defining characteristic is that he's hard as a hickory nut. And I can't think of any actor who could put believably put forth that trait.

The movie's name escapes me and it was just OK but....Patrick Swayze is a big city cop - a detective. The guy who played Patrick Swayze's backwoods cousin who comes to the city to revenge the killing of some kin folk. Big bobbin adams apple and a skinny Appalachian face and accent.....

it is a hard/difficult roll to fill.

True. I'd say that Bob Lee Swagger's defining characteristic is that he's hard as a hickory nut. And I can't think of any actor who could put believably put forth that trait.

The movie's name escapes me and it was just OK but....Patrick Swayze is a big city cop - a detective. The guy who played Patrick Swayze's backwoods cousin who comes to the city to revenge the killing of some kin folk. Big bobbin adams apple and a skinny Appalachian face and accent.....

That guy would be great. They were a bunch of crackers who took on the mob I believe with snakes, bows and arrows etc...

Good flick

The movie you're thinking of was Next of Kin and it is on my short list of "so bad it's good." Liam Neeson was the cousin who went to Chicago to avenge the death of his relative, Bill Paxton.

(Quick, name a movie Bill Paxton doesn't die in!)

Liam would make a very good Bob the Nailer.

The movie you're thinking of was Next of Kin and it is on my short list of "so bad it's good." Liam Neeson was the cousin who went to Chicago to avenge the death of his relative, Bill Paxton.

(Quick, name a movie Bill Paxton doesn't die in!)

Liam would make a very good Bob the Nailer.

DING DING DING

another winna

A younger Sam Elliot IS Bob the Nailer.

An excellent choice! Actually, I'm not convinced he needs to be younger. If this was Duane's movie I'd keep him a Vietnam vet. I always saw Bob Lee Swagger as being well into his fifties but still hard as a rock.

Saw "Shooter" yesterday. Cool movie! One cheesy kinda' love scene and one with video-game like explosions. But overall GOOD. Gunplay was cool! Can't wait for the next Bob Lee adventure to hit the big screen.

Note to self: get and read the books.

Favorite quote from the movie:

Bob Lee is getting ready to leave his cabin and is giving instructions on the phone to someone who will care for his dog. After telling the person about food he says something to the effect of:

"Show him a few ballistics tables if he gets lonely."

Saw "Shooter" over the weekend.

I thought it was pretty good movie.

The 1.5" group at 1,000yds was a little unrealistic..but then again it was a Hollywood movie.

Was Bob Lee left handed in the book?

Favorite quote from the movie:

Bob Lee is getting ready to leave his cabin and is giving instructions on the phone to someone who will care for his dog. After telling the person about food he says something to the effect of:

"read him a few ballistics tables if he gets lonely."

...You don't understand, these guys killed my dawg." B)

The gunplay was adequate, but somewhere in Hollyweird there is a foot draggin, cross eye dominant, weaver shooting mall ninja, making a damned good living as the Tech Advisor to EVERY major movie.

Yes, I saw in the credits Front Site was involved, shame on them for not building a better "Bob".

Overall I had fun, it was good to see the book sorta come to life, but I did catch a lot of "lefty" crap thrown in as though it was common sense. <_<

I STILL like the firing pin detail, although trust you or not, please don't claim you filed a couple thou off your firing pin and then point a loaded BMG at my melon. :mellow:

I soiled my armor!!!