Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Local News

AikiDale

I am looking forward to the day when a cat stuck in a tree is considered

'newsworthy' by baltimore city standards.

the Idol thing .... bugs me too.

it is not news, at best it is advertising.

miranda

Somehow my wife ignored Idol for the first several seasons. This year she became and Idol addict.

Our local news spends at least 5 minutes on the recap of every fricking show then about 10 minutes with video clips of car chases/crashes and other tragedies without any indication as to where these things happened. Toss in 2 minutes of sports, 2 minutes of weather, 2 minutes of national/world news and 10 minutes of the anchors playing grab-ass in the studio (these folks wouldn't know professionalism if it bit them in the arse) and you have the local newscast.

Last night they did the weekly "ask the deputy" segment and the question was about concealed carry permits crossing state lines. To his credit, the deputy actually got it right...but of course failed to mention non-resident permits.

The local news around here is a freaking joke.

My mom always put the local news on as background noise at home, which makes it ten times worse. That's probably why I can't stand the television being turned on while no one's watching.

On the other hand, if they had clips on Tuesday morning of Jack Bauer shooting automatic weapons, I'd always tune in.

This is not news. Those who give a damn watch the show. :angry:

I'm with you :angry:

I watched one excerpt from a show that showed a kid embarrising himself so bad that I doubt he ever showed his face in public again.

I've got no use for the show.

dj

I am proud to say that I've never watched that show. Like many, I get to see it on the news. I really hate shows like that. It seems like everything on T.V. now is made to please a saddist.

I'm old enough to remember when we had these things called "T.V. shows". They had real television stars acting in them.

I miss Northern Exposure more everyday.

A new low. My local channel just spent 9 minutes on the lead story. This is a half hour news program complete with commercials so figure 22 minutes for news, weather and sports. The major earth shattering event which commands so much time? A college basketball coach took a job at another school. <_<

I spoke too soon. Add another 2 minutes when we actually got to the sports. Add another minute at the end of the broadcast after the final break to tell us there will be a press conference tomorrow at 1:00 PM where we will find out all the reasons for this momentous decision. Make that a good 12 minutes being shocked and dismayed that a b-ball coach took a job where he'll be appreciated.

I think I got off on the wrong planet..... :D

Was there any news today? Did anybody win in Iraq? How about Afghanistan? What are the North Koreans up to. Any politicians tell the truth in D.C.? How are the bees doing this Spring?

Edited by AikiDale

Dale, you know that in KY basketball is everything. To people in other places it may seem ridiculous but here it is a huge story and almost everybody, give or take Dale, wants to hear about it.

Dont make it seem as if KY fans are mean and unreasonable. I went to every home game this year and yes there was some rumbling but the fans were still behind the team and coach for the most part. If things didnt get better next year it may have been a different story. I believe Tubby got out while he could go on his terms to a school of a lower level with less pressure.

Things werent looking any better for next year.

Was there any mention of Rick Pitino taking his old job back. i dont think that will happen. He burned his bridges when he left the first time. If he hadnt gone to Louisville the fans would be more receptive to it.

Did you like hearing more about the big story?

:lol:

I went to UK during Rupp's last years. I sat in the press room while Kaywood Ledford interviewed him. I sat on the floor at mid-court in Memorial Coliseum taking notes and holding spare lenses for the photographer. I still have no use for grown men running around in their underwear dribbling. :P

who's Tony Parker? And why didn't he go to Disney with his wife?

Who cares why. BTW, Tony Parker of the NBA San Antonio Spurs. And fiance Eva Longoria, of ABC's Desperate Housewives show. Not sure they are married yet. Eva has ties to San Antonio.

To get away from American Idol news, change channels. The others are not likely to hype a Fox show. They have their own shows to hype as if those were newsworthy. I like a bunch of shows on now, but none are news.

Lee