Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Area 8 Championship

Waiting to hear from George as to what stage I'm working and with whom....

Staff assignments came out about a week and a half ago.

Well, if I had received it, I wouldn't be asking! :D

If you know what they are, I'd appreciate a heads up. Hate to go out there and not know where I'm to be.

I've had occasional problems with email from George not getting through, in spite of him being in my contact list

Edited by vluc

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent a few days helping to set up for the match & will stop by after work Wednesday to see if there are any finishing touches needed. Looks like a lot of fun!

A tip tip of the cap to the gang working their butts off 10 to 12 hours+ in the heat & humidity the past 4 to 5 days to make this event happen. :cheers: They certainly have done a super job!

Except for a chance of a thunderstorm Friday the weather should cooperate - highs in the mid 80's

I'll be working Stage 4 Saturday & Sunday - Looking forward to meeting all the BEr's shooting the weekend.

Stage 4 is DB5 - in honor of James Bond's Aston Martin - I hope the airbags don't deploy when shooting! :surprise:

Be safe in your travels to the match & good shooting once you get there!

Best regards,

TL

Big thanks to you cats that are busting your hump to make this a great match!

Do any of you folks know how far out the last targets on the Golden Gun stage are? Knowing the club...I'm guessing 35 yards...?

From stage 11 description, this is how I would shoot it. You can't stack on T7 because the course description would say you could.

On the buzzer draw 2 hits on T1, T4 and T7 reload 2 hits on T2, T5 and T7.

Second string, on the buzzer draw 2 hits on T3, T6 and T7 strong hand only.

This will give you 2 hits on T1-T6 and 6 hits on T7 with only firing 18 rounds. Remember this is Virgina count.

i read the course description as allowing "stacking"...

Same here, I thought it sounded like pick your target for a bill drill sort of thing. I guess we'll find out for sure in a couple days...

Tom, I was thinking String 1-put 2 on T1-t6 / String 2-6 on T7.

You can do it unless it says you can't. Plus the stage procedure states "Engage any target(s)..."

That was my initial thought, but I have to see how far the targets are. I might change my strategy based on the target distances.

9.4.5 In a Virginia Count or Fixed Time Course of Fire:

US9.4.5.3 Stacked shots (i.e. shooting more than the required rounds

on a target, but shooting at fewer targets than specified in

any string), will incur one procedural penalty per target not

engaged in any string. This penalty will not be applied if the

written stage briefing specifically authorizes stacked shots.

Edited by Carl Provan

See highlighted text. If you shoot 6 rounds at T-7, you are not stacking since you are shooting the required number of rounds on the target.

See highlighted text. If you shoot 6 rounds at T-7, you are not stacking since you are shooting the required number of rounds on the target.

My head hurts, glad that I will not be the CRO, but just an RO on this stage. I see a lot of questions for the CRO over the weekend.

dont forget about the highlight part here.

if the string states to shoot at t-? and t-? and t-? with x number of rounds and you shoot x number at t-? but will come back and finish the remaining targets that is stacking.

dont forget about the highlight part here.

if the string states to shoot at t-? and t-? and t-? with x number of rounds and you shoot x number at t-? but will come back and finish the remaining targets that is stacking.

But the WSB says shoot at "ANY target(s)". It doesn't specify T1-T3, or whatever.

Good god people, this is what it says:

STAGE PROCEDURE

STRING 1: On signal, from box A only engage any

target(s) with six rounds only, then perform a mandatory

reload, then engage any target(s) with six rounds only.

STRING 2: On signal, from box A only, engage any

target(s) with six rounds only, using strong hand only.

Engage any target(s) means any target OR targets. How can you call stacking? :huh::wacko::blink:

ETA:

It also doesn't say Engage Tx thru Tz with 2 rounds only...

Edited by GeorgeInNePa

LOL! If I recall during our shooting Thursday, the CRO at 11 calculated 22 different ways to shoot his stage....

Don't worry about the stages being fat friendly...for as hot as it has been, you'll lose some of it!

See you folks at Stage 5!

Shot the match today and want to say it was a lot of fun and ..................... hot! Interesting stages but I would like a couple of "do-overs" on stages 3, 4, and 9. On #3 (push yourself backwards in the cart) there were over 15 FTE's when our squad arrived there. A couple of guys in my squad broke 20 secs on it with all hits, really GREAT runs.

Thanks to all match staff for their work in the heat, I know squad 19 really appreciated everything you people did. I'll be back again next year.

Edited by nhglyn

Welcome Shooters!

Just a few a tips for creature comfort when shooting this weekend.

Stage 2 requires kneeling in 2 locations. Those with kness that snap, crackle & pop may want to bring a set of knee pads to soften the feel of pea gravel on the knee caps. If you forgot them not to worry - there is a Home Depot about a half mile past the club entrance coming from the motel - they open at 6 AM Sat & Sun, plenty of time to pick up a pair & make the squad meeting.

Get a ziploc bag and pack a damp tea towel or wash cloth in it and put it in your cooler or range bag. There are cold water jugs set up at most all stages. Pour some cold water into the bag and towel wring out & and you have a refreshing cool wipe. You are gonna need it! Temps are to be in the high 80's low 90's with high humidity. Definitely a Gold Bond Powder weekend!

It's been very hot & muggy all this week.

Can't say enough for the efforts of Steve & Lew & crew bustin butt in this heat this week building the stages. This Iron City is for you! :cheers:

Scheduled to work stage 4 Saturday & Sunday - Nothing to worry about shooting stage 4.

Enjoy the match & good shooting!