Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Area 8 Championship

Does Full Day Format mean that all 11 stages are shot in one day? We get to pick which day we want to shoot, Friday or Saturday or Sunday?

Sorry, this is not sinking in today. <_<

Dan

Yep, All 11 stages in one day, the sunday squads will be smaller than the Fri or Sat squads

Also last year the host club sold lunches and prepared them and then delivered them to the shooters at the lunch area on the range. Good deal

Alan

Alan:

Are you the Statistican again this year?

You did a great job last year and the results were up very quickly. We appreciate all the hard work and hope to see you at Area 8 again.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Yep I am the Statistician this year and we are expanding our stats team.

Look for my wife Mary, our grand daughter Rebecca, our son Dale, Mary Hughes and even Angela Di Matina helping. In the case of Rebecca, Dale and Angela, you gotta love child labor LOL

Mary (my wife) is also pulling double duty as Sponsor Cooridinator.

See everyone there

That sounds like a great team you've pulled together there. I know Mary Hughes is an excellent worker and just great to have around.

Angel

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody take a close look at stage 4. It says its a 16 round stage but I count 11. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, missing some targets or maybee,,,,,they heard I was coming and knew that I would need the extra shots on the steel??????

:lol:

I'm in, app went out today.

So did you send an app out for A5 or A8?? Are you shooting on Friday? If you are, I hope you be in early enough for dinner this time.

BTW- Congrats on making GM!!!

I'm in, app went out today.

So did you send an app out for A5 or A8?? Are you shooting on Friday? If you are, I hope you be in early enough for dinner this time.

BTW- Congrats on making GM!!!

Thanks Bud!!!

I am so stoked :goof: the "season" is finally getting started (for me). <_<

I don't have plane rez yet, I travel standby, but I'll be there and I am hoping to squad with you and the Army boys again.

A7 this weekend.

Two weeks A8.

Two weeks A5.

One month THE Nationals. (Limited. Ok, if I finally get a slot. But I am going damnit!!!)

Edited by dirtypool40

I don't have plane rez yet, I travel standby, but I'll be there and I am hoping to squad with you and the Army boys again.

Thanks. I'm on squad 16 already and it looks full. We put a squad together before you sent in the app. BTW- next year you should come up for the Summer Blast. The match was awesome.

I'm getting pretty pumped about the match, just dropped my app in the mail the other day also. Pickings for squads on Friday are getting thin, might see one of you guys on the same squad.

OK Stage 11 doen't make much sense to me

http://www.uspsa8.org/A8-07/Stage%2011.pdf

T1 thru T6 need 2 hits each, T7 needs 6 hits.

The Stage is Virginia Count.

There are two strings. String One you will fire 6 then reload, then fire 6 more. Target engagement is up to you.

During String Two you will fire 6 rounds, strong hand only, target engagement is up to you.

That's how I read it.

Can someone tell me if I'm understanding this stage? Based on the above assessment and the COF description. In string 1 I could choose to fire 6 shots at target 7 freestyle, reload then fire 6 more shots at targets 1-3. Then in string 2 fire six shots at targets 4-6 stronghand only and I would have all my required hits?

Am I close?

Angel

hard to say if that's the best option (without knowing distances), but it appears to be a legal option.

Very True. I was just trying to understand the possibilities. Will have to see how its all layed out on match day. May also have to see how those GM's shoot it :rolleyes:

Angel

Funny you should mention the GM's. Guess who I'm squaded with? Dave! I don't know if I should be excited about shooting with one of the best shooters or worried that he is going to make me look like an idiot. Guess I'll just watch and learn then shoot my best.

Angel, unless something changes looks like you and I are both on squad 19; look forward to meeting a fellow BE'r. To join in dcarters party, as things stand now it looks like some guy named Travis is also in squad 19 shooting limited. :bow: I'll probably have to continually remind myself to shoot within my game and ignore the adrenaline rush of seeing someone like that blaze a course.

Jim

Hi, I'm also on squad 19. This past weekend I RO'd a stage at the Area 7 match and had Travis and Lee shoot some really fast times. Fun to watch how it really should be done! See you that Friday.

Angel, unless something changes looks like you and I are both on squad 19; look forward to meeting a fellow BE'r. To join in dcarters party, as things stand now it looks like some guy named Travis is also in squad 19 shooting limited. :bow: I'll probably have to continually remind myself to shoot within my game and ignore the adrenaline rush of seeing someone like that blaze a course.

Jim

I chose squad 19 for the opportunity to shoot with Travis. I've shot with Todd J., Dave S., Phil S. and Julie G. before and it is hard not to get caught up in the blazing speed. I think this is one of the great things about the self-squadding. You get to have Super Squad level shooters spread throughout the match. This will be the biggest match I've ever been to so I just hope to have a great time and learn alot. Look forward to meeting any BE'rs. I'll have to make notes of peoples real names :rolleyes: Who's staying at the match hotel Thursday night? BE party???? :cheers:

Angel

Funny you should mention the GM's. Guess who I'm squaded with? Dave! I don't know if I should be excited about shooting with one of the best shooters or worried that he is going to make me look like an idiot. Guess I'll just watch and learn then shoot my best.

That will be a great experience Dan. Dave is a great guy to shoot with. I see you also have Ron Francisco, his wife Megan and Scott Warren on your squad. You are in for a real treat. Ron is blazing fast and a hell of a nice guy.

Angel