Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Area 8 Championship

We are fortunate to be able to host the match again this year. We are planning 11 stages this year and the scenery in August should be beautiful. Attached is a match application, keep checking the Area 8 website for more information.

We also chose NOT to use the Day's Inn this year for the match hotel.

Hope to see you there!

Steve Davidson

MatchApplication2007fullpage.pdf

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are fortunate to be able to host the match again this year. We are planning 11 stages this year and the scenery in August should be beautiful. Attached is a match application, keep checking the Area 8 website for more information.

We also chose NOT to use the Day's Inn this year for the match hotel.

Hope to see you there!

Steve Davidson

Has a match hotel or any other details other than the location and dates been worked out yet.

Has a match hotel or any other details other than the location and dates been worked out yet.

We will be using the Red Roof Inn for the match hotel. The local number is (412)856-4738, mention "Area 8" for the match rate. For those who have not been here, the match hotel is about 4 miles from the club on the same street. There are a few other hotels in the area, but at a much higher rate.

Steve Davidson

• 1 month later...
Does Full Day Format mean that all 11 stages are shot in one day? We get to pick which day we want to shoot, Friday or Saturday or Sunday?

Sorry, this is not sinking in today. <_<

Dan

Yep, All 11 stages in one day, the sunday squads will be smaller than the Fri or Sat squads

Also last year the host club sold lunches and prepared them and then delivered them to the shooters at the lunch area on the range. Good deal

Alan

• 4 weeks later...

Have already signed up again. Hopefully trip will be smoother than last year when my plane had to do an emergency landing after blowing the main landing gear on takeoff. Match was great, trip home too eventful!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh brother ........... You're not gonna try and find a way to dry-fire that are you PB ? :rolleyes:

Maybe with your little red (I mean BLUE) wagon upstairs ? Don't fall down the stairs now (read: "off the wagon") OK ? B)

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

OK Stage 11 doen't make much sense to me

http://www.uspsa8.org/A8-07/Stage%2011.pdf

T1 thru T6 need 2 hits each, T7 needs 6 hits.

The Stage is Virginia Count.

There are two strings. String One you will fire 6 then reload, then fire 6 more. Target engagement is up to you.

During String Two you will fire 6 rounds, strong hand only, target engagement is up to you.

That's how I read it.

If anyone out there knows how to use a computer could send me copies of these stages in an e-mail I would be most greatful. This computer at work won't let me pull up the Area8 web site for some reason. I've been on the site before at work and it has never done this and I want to print them out (my printer is broke). Any help here would be great. Thanks.

E-mail: dcarter_4257@fuse.net

Edited by dcarter

Does Full Day Format mean that all 11 stages are shot in one day? We get to pick which day we want to shoot, Friday or Saturday or Sunday?

Dan

Yep, All 11 stages in one day, the sunday squads will be smaller than the Fri or Sat squads

Also last year the host club sold lunches and prepared them and then delivered them to the shooters at the lunch area on the range. Good deal

Alan

Alan:

Are you the Statistican again this year?

You did a great job last year and the results were up very quickly. We appreciate all the hard work and hope to see you at Area 8 again.

Thanks for all the hard work.

If anyone out there knows how to use a computer could send me copies of these stages in an e-mail I would be most greatful. This computer at work won't let me pull up the Area8 web site for some reason. I've been on the site before at work and it has never done this and I want to print them out (my printer is broke). Any help here would be great. Thanks.

E-mail: dcarter_4257@fuse.net

Never Mind. I got it to come up. Thanks

Dan

Alan

Alan:

Are you the Statistican again this year?

You did a great job last year and the results were up very quickly. We appreciate all the hard work and hope to see you at Area 8 again.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Yep I am the Statistician this year and we are expanding our stats team.

Look for my wife Mary, our grand daughter Rebecca, our son Dale, Mary Hughes and even Angela Di Matina helping. In the case of Rebecca, Dale and Angela, you gotta love child labor LOL

Mary (my wife) is also pulling double duty as Sponsor Cooridinator.

See everyone there