Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz 75 Sp01 Shadow

Angus Hobdell

Just to re-hash, the Shadow is an SP-01 (non- decocker version) and simply has the following additions:

-CZ factory race hammer

-CZ-85 Combat trigger (with adjustable overtravel)

-CZ factory ambi safties from the single action guns (wider - like an STI ambi)

-CZ factory race sights, fixed, incl FO front

-special recoil spring (the stock is way too heavy - this matters for IPSC more than USPSA)

-different factory grips

For USPSA, all these changes could have been made anyway (except possibly the safeties) so the change in USPSA would not be such a big deal. But it is important to our friends in IPSC.

The safeties are legal because the SP01 was originally approved with them on..then they were switched to the CZ85 style safety.

This version is being shot in Austrailia..as the SP01 as I understand..there was some discussion that CZUB dropped the Shadow moniker and upgraded the original SP01 and is shipping that way to Austrailia (with a slightly longer barrel ) and other european countries

After a meeting with IPSC at the IWA show in Nuremberg Germany, 09/03/2007

I don't know what impresses me more, the decision to allow the gun, or Angus time travelling safely. :D

Just get him to tell you the story about his date with Queen Victoria. I heard it was just after that date she came up with the expression "We are not amused"!

I don't know what impresses me more, the decision to allow the gun, or Angus time travelling safely. :D

That sort of looks like a metric number for March 9, 2007 :blink:

Somebody ought to let Angus in on our custom of posting dates in month/day/year order. Moving logically from the specific to the general as in day/month/year is just not enough fun. :D

• 2 months later...
would 147gr 9mm at 134pf be harder on the frame/internals?

I understand your concern.

However, the copy of the CZ made by Tanfoglio & sold as the "P9" was often built into a 9mm Open Major race gun back when the power factor minimum was 175 and most shooters loaded 9mm to 180 PF.

Yes, stronger springs were used. However, the stronger springs were often blamed for breaking slide stops since they closed the slide with more force.

Moreover, the slide velocity w/ a 147 minor load is far below what those old P9s started to take back around 1990 - and many of those guns are still running (though often as 9x21s). On top of that, the SP01 has a much thicker/stronger barrel. It should last forever w/ 147 minor loads.